Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.1.0 on 7/31/2022

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 31st Jul 2022 at 6:31 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload
 
507 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 391 Feedback Posts, 97 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 21
Test Subject
#276 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
TS3 let you attach a bone morph to the CASP, but TS4 doesn't. It does let you attach a data resource which at least in theory could link to a morph, but as far as I know no one's been able to do that.

so sad.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#277 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 12:09 PM
Just hoping it can clone a work outfit I want so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#278 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 3:41 PM
I tried using separate mesh layers but every time I tried to save it to an MS3D file it crashed. Otherwise, amazing tool!
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#279 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 3:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo-freya
I tried using separate mesh layers but every time I tried to save it to an MS3D file it crashed. Otherwise, amazing tool!


I got crashing with that function just the other day, will look into it as soon as I can.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#280 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 4:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I got crashing with that function just the other day, will look into it as soon as I can.

Okay! How is it going by the way?? :lovestruc
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#281 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 5:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo-freya
Okay! How is it going by the way?? :lovestruc


Not bad.

If you could upload the mesh you're trying to separate that would help me with testing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#282 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 1:14 PM Last edited by xo-freya : 28th Oct 2019 at 8:42 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Not bad.

If you could upload the mesh you're trying to separate that would help me with testing.

Okay! Here: https://simfileshare.net/download/1348156/
Fixed link
FIXED LINK AGAIN SORRY I ALWAYS MESS UP
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#283 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 2:22 AM
I'm getting closer and closer to start modding sims 4. I have a lots of stuff from sims 2 which like to convert to sims 4. I'm completely lost but I realized I have to choose this tool instead of trying to learn blender. I have tones of questions but for now, I like to at least thank you for making this tool available. I see you've made a few tutorial for sims3&4 would that help me to convert sims2t4 I wonder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#284 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 7:10 AM
Love it! Also, do you have a patreon?
Mad Poster
#285 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 2:13 AM Last edited by NintendoLover13 : 28th Oct 2019 at 6:03 PM.
Hello again, Cmar - I am having another reoccurring issue and I am not exactly sure if the issue lies within something I am doing or something that may need adding to your program? I apologize if this comes off rudely, there is no rude intention - I am trying to be helpful and thought maybe someone else is running into a similar problem?

Whenever I use a long skirt or a long dress (whether I do reassignments with dresses/skirts as a reference geom or don't update the assignments, I get the following result:

CAS, in game, CAStools, sims4studio and blender all show proper/okay meshing:

CAS:


In Game:

different angles

CAS Tools:


S4S:


Blender:


BUT the game generated screenshots, such as the ones for the "family" or the icons show up like this:



So it is more annoying than anything else since it functions, but I was wondering if you knew why it would do this or if there could be a fix for it?

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#286 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 5:01 PM
The mesh for the main part of the dress has too many bones - the upper limit is 60. Open the package in CAS Tools, go to the Mesh Fixing Tools tab, click the 'Remove Unused Bones' button, commit, save, test. That fixed it in my game.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#287 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 6:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
The mesh for the main part of the dress has too many bones - the upper limit is 60. Open the package in CAS Tools, go to the Mesh Fixing Tools tab, click the 'Remove Unused Bones' button, commit, save, test. That fixed it in my game.

Oh wow, thank you so much!! I had asked around in a lot of different places and people just told me to regenerate my thumbnails Thank you so much for your help again and I apologize if this was an obvious issue!

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#288 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 8:40 PM
So, do you know what causes the crashing?
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#289 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo-freya
So, do you know what causes the crashing?


I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about this. I fixed it some time ago - don't even remember what the problem was.

I'm still working on a new version, but here's a version that will do the layers for you. (Everything is working afaik, but I'm still adding Collada DAE support to a couple of functions.)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4CASTools_3_1_1_0.zip (11.40 MB, 47 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#290 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about this. I fixed it some time ago - don't even remember what the problem was.

I'm still working on a new version, but here's a version that will do the layers for you. (Everything is working afaik, but I'm still adding Collada DAE support to a couple of functions.)


Thank you sososososo much! ♥
Field Researcher
#291 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 1:21 AM
Is it normal to clone a CC package and then the custom thumbnails disappear?

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#292 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 6:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizoreYukii
Is it normal to clone a CC package and then the custom thumbnails disappear?


Yes - the thumbnails are not cloned, on the assumption they'll have to be replaced anyway.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
#293 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 2:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Yes - the thumbnails are not cloned, on the assumption they'll have to be replaced anyway.

Is there any chance you could give us the option to clone the thumbnails in a future update? Just a little toggle in the corner somewhere for us to click on if we want thumbnails. I want to put my skin details in multiple categories for layering purposes and I'd like the thumbnails to stay the same.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#294 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 6:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizoreYukii
Is there any chance you could give us the option to clone the thumbnails in a future update? Just a little toggle in the corner somewhere for us to click on if we want thumbnails. I want to put my skin details in multiple categories for layering purposes and I'd like the thumbnails to stay the same.


That's reasonable!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#295 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 6:41 PM
"Unknown category value found: 2279"
New error. Probably after the update 12/12/2019
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#296 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataliS
"Unknown category value found: 2279"
New error. Probably after the update 12/12/2019


Yes, that's the tag for Occult - Witch. I'll upload an update tomorrow or the next day.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#297 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 7:48 AM
Thanks , but now how can I export one mesh to a simgeom?
When I want to export it to a colladа, it freezes
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#298 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 1:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinaRuDICH
Thanks , but now how can I export one mesh to a simgeom?
When I want to export it to a colladа, it freezes


Collada export takes a long time. If it doesn't finish after an hour, please upload your package so I can take a look.

If you want to export to a simgeom, change the view to meshpart and select simgeom as the export format.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 7:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Collada export takes a long time. If it doesn't finish after an hour, please upload your package so I can take a look.

If you want to export to a simgeom, change the view to meshpart and select simgeom as the export format.

thank you dear
Test Subject
#300 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 11:51 PM
Google translation

Hello

I have a problem and I hope you can help me. When I want to change the category of some custom eyes, it won't work for witchs and mermaids.

For example, vampire eyes should only appear for them. It will work perfectly with humans and aliens, the eyes will not appear in the CAS for them. But they will always appear for mermaids and witchs. I think this is normal for sirens as it lacks the Disable for sirens, but shouldn't that work with witchs ?
Page 12 of 21