MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nikki Sixx

by Astraea Nevermore Posted 21st Aug 2010 at 5:12 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2011 at 8:10 PM by Astraea Nevermore
47 Comments / replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts


Nikki Sixx (born Frank Carlton Ferrana, Jr., December 11, 1958) is an American bassist, author, fashion designer, photographer, and the main songwriter for the band Mötley Crüe. He has also played bass for glam metal bands London, the experimental band 58, the hard rock band Brides of Destruction and more recently, Sixx:A.M.

(Wikipedia)

Ok, I'll admit that I'm not the biggest Mötley Crüe fan out of there, even if I still enjoy their music. The idea for this sim came just after seeing the hair conversion you can see in these screenshots, which looked pretty damn close to Nikki Sixx's hair... that made me think that he would have been one hell of a sim, and here's the final result I had a lot of fun making him and playing with him, hope you'll like this Nikki sim as much as I do =)

He should be compatible with base game, just make sure to use a fully patched game, 'cos I used that opacity tool for make up that came with the Ambitions patch, and I don't know if that's gonna cause any problems for games with previous patches! If you experience any problem, just let me know!


Now going with the...

Custom content used:

Sim
-Non-default hairy skintone, converted by jmtmom
-Face skin replacement by Aikea Guinea
-Hair by Discovering Club (scroll down the page and click on the Download button... if you have troubles getting it from there, follow the infos on MS3B)
-Lipstick by The Sims World
-Eyebrows by Arisuka
-Eyebags, still by Arisuka (can't say from which set they are, exactly... I have all of them!)
-Tiffany Glaze default replacement eyes by escand (in case you don't want to change your defaults, you might download the eye contacts version, found in the same link)
-Stubble by bocboc256

Clothes/accessories
-Open shirt by Lady Frontbum
-Leather pants by Aikea Guinea
-Tattoos: Japanese sleeves + backpiece by XJonasX

Other outfits are all Maxis ones.

Mods used - PLEASE READ:

-AwesomeMod for slider multiplier, you'll need that if you want to edit the sim's features, and to remove the limit to the number of additional sliders you can have in game. If you don't want to install AwesomeMod, here you can get another hack to remove just the slider limit.
-Facial sliders by Ahmad. Just download 'em all :P
-UI Mod by Rez Delnava: you'll *NEED* this for the non-default skintone to show up. Otherwise, you're probably gonna get a scary boogeyman with no eyes, instead of Nikki Sixx.
EDIT: the UI mod is not updated for PATCH 1.17/Late Night, however you don't really need it anymore for the non-default skintone to show up: if you install non-default skintones, in fact, the game will still recognize them: read the note added by the MTS staff on the top of the UI Mod page to have more infos on how non-default skintones work in game
EDIT #2: added a version of the sim packaged with default skintone

Additional Credits:
HUGE thanks to all the people that helped me to improve the sim in the Creator Feedback Forum! You rock! =)
Tags: #nikki, #sixx, #motley, #crue, #80s, #rock, #metal, #music, #sim, #celebrity

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
NikkiSixx_withDEFAULTSkin.rar | Nikki Sixx sim with default skintone

Size: 410.7 KB · Downloads: 5,222 · 1st Mar 2011
410.7 KB 5,222 1st Mar 2011
Nikki_Sixx.rar | Nikki Sixx sim

Size: 392.0 KB · Downloads: 12,509 · 21st Aug 2010
392.0 KB 12,509 21st Aug 2010
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Quick Guide:

1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the sim to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sim file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game, enter Create-a-Sim, and save a sim to the sim bin to create this folder, rather than doing so manually. After that you can close the game and put the .sim file in SavedSims
4. Once the .sim file is in SavedSims, you can load the game, and look for your sim in the premade sims bin in Create-a-Sim.

Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.


Need more help?

If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Simswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide! Special Installation Instructions
  • If you get an error that says "This content requires expansion pack data that is not installed", please use either Clean Installer to install this sim.
 
47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:45 AM
Well done! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:09 AM
He looks amazing! Thank you so much!
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:53 AM
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 7:11 AM
Very nice, I'm sorry though for not being able to create you a custom skin, I have been working hard in the real word lately and will continue to do so for the upcoming weeks...

He looks great nonetheless...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 10:15 AM
Wow, Nikki looks great!! Thanks for sharing him!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJonasX
Very nice, I'm sorry though for not being able to create you a custom skin, I have been working hard in the real word lately and will continue to do so for the upcoming weeks...

He looks great nonetheless...


No worries! The custom sleeves you did still look wonderful =)

Aaand... thank you, really
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 8:45 PM
O. M. G. I...um...yeah. LOL!! I literally screamed like a little girl. Thank you!!!!!

*Newness coming.....*
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 9:28 PM
He looks fantastic, great work!
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 12:52 AM
HOT!!! You did a fantastic job
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:01 AM Last edited by candyapplegirl : 22nd Aug 2010 at 4:24 AM.
Okay, i'm a complete computer dolt, so I need help here. There are several download options on Rez Delnada's UI Mod that you said we had to have. Which one should I install? This sim looks so great, and I really want him to look right.

Edit: Nevermind! I figured it out He looks fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 4:06 PM
I had to grab him.... I was a teen in the 80's and a huge Crew fan. lol

You did a great job on him, you really did. : )
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:48 PM
He's a beautiful man, and you've captured it perfectly here! Thank you for sharing this wonderful Sim w/us! I was also an 80's teen girl, loving me some Nikki Sixx! From what I hear, he is truly a very genuine, nice guy! I love that he's dating Kat Von D!!!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier
One died for your soul;
The other for your freedom.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyapplegirl
Okay, i'm a complete computer dolt, so I need help here. There are several download options on Rez Delnada's UI Mod that you said we had to have. Which one should I install? This sim looks so great, and I really want him to look right.

Edit: Nevermind! I figured it out He looks fantastic!


Glad you could resolve the thing, sorry for not answering before, I wasn't online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakabu
He's a beautiful man, and you've captured it perfectly here! Thank you for sharing this wonderful Sim w/us! I was also an 80's teen girl, loving me some Nikki Sixx! From what I hear, he is truly a very genuine, nice guy! I love that he's dating Kat Von D!!!


Haha, yep, seems he's very nice (and handsome, too!) Same here, btw, I think that him and Kat look really cute together! =)

Again, thanks everyone!
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 1:40 AM
I am positively mesmerized by him, thank you for sharing!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 3:29 AM
Can someone tell me which UI mod i need to download for it to work? I can't seem to figure it out... but from the screenshots, Nikki looks great!

All you twilighters have been brainwashed by Stephanie Myers.... :cry:
Justin Bieber must be destroyed
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr434
Can someone tell me which UI mod i need to download for it to work? I can't seem to figure it out... but from the screenshots, Nikki looks great!


To just show the custom skintones, you can download the UI CASBasics Mod 5x5 or the UI CASBasics Mod 5x10. The only difference between the two is the layout, the way they appear in game (as shown in the previews), but they both do the same. Personally, I have the "5x10" one. Mind that you can have only ONE package in your game.

Thanks, btw =)
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:52 AM
As a Crue/Sixx fan for the past 27 years ... EXCELLENT job! I'm so excited! The link to your blog actually came to me in a google alert I have set up for Sixx. I really wish I still use fan content .. I'd download this in a second! Beautiful job. You nailed him!

Edit to inform others -- Sixx and Kat broke up about a week ago.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakabu
I love that he's dating Kat Von D!!!


Not that it matters but Kat has already moved on to Jesse James and is no longer with Nikki, who I think should find someone alittle more his age anyway. This is a great sim, I was also a teen in the 80's and in thier earlier years "Live Wire" / "Shout at the Devil" was a huge fan of Nikki's. At first glance it reminded me of how badly I wanted to see them live and hitch-hiked to my very first concert when I was 14. Needless to say I never hitch-hiked again but the concert was great! I think you really captured his likeness and mega appreciate you taking the time out to create him. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:55 AM
Possibly stupid question but where did the tatoos come from? I've never liked tats on my sims but lately reconsidering, they really add to the effect!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahxRIx
As a Crue/Sixx fan for the past 27 years ... EXCELLENT job! I'm so excited! The link to your blog actually came to me in a google alert I have set up for Sixx. I really wish I still use fan content .. I'd download this in a second! Beautiful job. You nailed him!


Woh, thank you so much, really!

Quote:
Edit to inform others -- Sixx and Kat broke up about a week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playful
Not that it matters but Kat has already moved on to Jesse James and is no longer with Nikki, who I think should find someone alittle more his age anyway.

D'oh, I didn't know anything about that, lol... I was still on the news that they were back together after breaking up for a while in the beginning of the year.

Quote:
This is a great sim, I was also a teen in the 80's and in thier earlier years "Live Wire" / "Shout at the Devil" was a huge fan of Nikki's. At first glance it reminded me of how badly I wanted to see them live and hitch-hiked to my very first concert when I was 14. Needless to say I never hitch-hiked again but the concert was great! I think you really captured his likeness and mega appreciate you taking the time out to create him. Thanks!

Hahah, yay for hitch-hiking to reach the concert! I saw them this year for the first time at Wacken Open Air... I SO wish I was a teen in the 80s, by the way
Aaaaand... thanks!! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebreak
Possibly stupid question but where did the tatoos come from? I've never liked tats on my sims but lately reconsidering, they really add to the effect!


Ehr... it's linked in the custom Content List The tattoos are by XJonasX, and you can find the one I used for Nikki Sixx here: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=414584

I also suggest you check his other custom tattoos on his profile, as well, they're really stunning! =)
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:24 AM
I pretty much love you for this... thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks... wonderful job ^____________________________^
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 9:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraea Nevermore



Ehr... it's linked in the custom Content List The tattoos are by XJonasX, and you can find the one I used for Nikki Sixx here: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=414584

I also suggest you check his other custom tattoos on his profile, as well, they're really stunning! =)


You are too kind ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 9:40 AM
love it!
wish i had the sims 3. : )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:29 PM
This is amazing. Nice work! :D
Page 1 of 2