MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Featured upload! TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.3 on 6/9/2020

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 9th Jun 2020 at 12:09 PM by CmarNYC : Update
353 Comments / replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This tool makes custom TS4 morphs from base and morphed meshes and packages them in CAS sliders and presets.

Supports all species/ages/genders/frames/occults.

Meshing can be done using any 3D editor that will import and export OBJ without changing the vertex order or the face sequence or the group/object names. Tested with Milkshape and Blender.

To use: Download the TS4MorphMaker program zip file, extract, open the folder and run TS4MorphMaker.exe


There are three tutorials posted which have much more complete information and instructions:
Making a CAS slider with TS4MorphMaker using a DeformerMap
Making a CAS preset with TS4MorphMaker using a BGEO
Making a Cat Body Preset and Fur Preset with TS4 MorphMaker using EA Morphs and a Deformer Map

Check back for updates - now that people are using the tool I'm fixing bugs and updating often.

If something doesn't work, please check to see if an update has fixed it. If not, please report any bugs in the comments, giving as much information as possible. Please upload your meshes if you're having trouble making a BGEO or DMap. Please upload your package if it's not working as expected in CAS or the game. If you'd rather not upload, pm me with a link.

Note that the bone delta editor hasn't had much testing, and that support for morphs of custom meshes is mostly untested.

Additional Credits:
s4pe/s4pi is used by MorphMaker for package and image handling. s4pi/s4pe and MorphMaker are open source.
s4pe download: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases
Latest working s4pi source: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/tree/develop

With thanks to lumialover8 for encouragement and lots and lots of testing. His beautiful sets of ear and hand sliders and presets made with MorphMaker are here: https://luumiasims.com/post/1740062...headed-toward-a

Updates:
V4.3
Head distortion in DMap preview of certain morphs is fixed.
Bone morphs for preview have been reworked, but animal meshes are still distorting so it needs more work.

V4.2
Support added for mermaids and witches.

V4.1
Corrections to the bone delta editor which hopefully will fix the issue of numbers randomly changing for some users, probably affecting users in countries that use a comma instead of a period as the decimal marker. I can't test this myself, however.
Improvement to the accuracy of bone morph previews.

Updates:
V4.0-beta
Bone Delta Editor (this part is still beta):
  • Will now interactively show you the effect of bone morphs as you change values.
  • Now allows values to be edited using either global/world or local coordinate system.
All previews now include bone morphs.
Exports of morphed meshes from previews now include bone morphs.
Preset regions which are not supported by the game have been removed from the preset options.

V3.0-beta
This is a beta since there are a lot of changes, and the previous version is still available until this one is final.
Enhancements:
  • Full support for cat and dog sliders and presets added.
  • The DeformerMap creation has been substantially rewritten to produce smoother and more accurate maps which are also a bit faster to make. The problem of morphs 'smearing' into the wrong areas and causing distortion should now be gone. Any bumpiness in very high poly meshes should be gone.
  • *Note this exception: In human sims the fingers and inner mouth are mapped onto the same area of the uv1 so DMap morphs cannot be used for either part without distorting the other.
  • Sculpts now include the full set of textures (material, normalmap, specular) and bone deltas.
  • Small fixes and changes.
Bugfix: Export of morphs included tiny inaccuracies due to rounding error causing distortion when exported whole body morphs were used as a morph mesh. This has been corrected.

V2.3.2
Bugfix: Corrected bug causing body preset custom thumbnails to not show up. (Use this version to open and save a package with body preset thumbs to fix it.)
Changes: The thumbnail import/export window will now resize correctly. The preset sort order will display as a decimal number.

V2.3.1
Bugfix: Correction of bug in HotSpotControl display causing gender restriction flags to be incorrectly checked in some conditions.
Changes: Addition of custom regions for Sim Modifiers, for use in body presets meant to affect only one body part. Choice of regions in presets restricted to regions that can have presets. Cosmetic and informational changes to screens.

V2.3.0
Bugfix: Correction of bug in the Tight Boundaries option of DMap creation which caused erroring out.
Changes: Addition of mesh export from all previews, including previews of presets, sculpts, and sim modifiers. Exported meshes can now be modified and used as a morph mesh with the correct standard base mesh for the age/gender.

V2.2.7
Bugfix: Correction of DMap compression bug introduced in previous fix, affecting base/morph pairs of any size with areas of unchanged normals. Anyone using V2.2.6 should update immediately.
Change: Body meshes exported from the Previewer tab will now include the head.

V2.2.6
Bugfix: Correction of bug in whole body compressed DMap creation, resulting in a DMap with bad data. Anyone working with whole body size DMaps should update.
Change: A few user error checks added.

Operating System: Windows
Utility Type: CC Editors
Plugin Type: Not Applicable

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
TS4MorphMakerSource_6_8_20.zip | Source files, not needed to use the tool

Size: 8.88 MB · Downloads: 3,533 · 9th Jun 2020
8.88 MB 3,533 9th Jun 2020
TS4MorphMaker_4_3_0_0.zip | Extract folder and run TS4MorphMaker.exe

Size: 8.96 MB · Downloads: 10,063 · 9th Jun 2020
8.96 MB 10,063 9th Jun 2020
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract: Use 7zip (recommended), WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (OS X) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s). OS X also has a built-in utility for that (just rightclick).

3. Download the TS4MorphMaker program zip file, extract, and run TS4MorphMaker.exe

Need more information?
 
353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 291 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 15
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#251 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgurcelikel
Hello I want to create a body preset. But morph maker gives me an error. The error is: "Index out of range". (I translated it) My morphed file is here. Please help

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M...ld6_8LcZXPtNM95


Your mesh has no normals. If you're using Blender, make sure the option to export normals is checked. I was able to get it working by smoothing it. Very nice morph, btw!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#252 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 2:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Your mesh has no normals. If you're using Blender, make sure the option to export normals is checked. I was able to get it working by smoothing it. Very nice morph, btw!

Thank you, glad you like it But I don't know how to export normals
Test Subject
#253 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 3:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Your mesh has no normals. If you're using Blender, make sure the option to export normals is checked. I was able to get it working by smoothing it. Very nice morph, btw!

Okayy !! I found it. Thank you, youre awesome. I'm very thankful to you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#254 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 3:53 AM
I'm very thankful to you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#255 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 1:56 AM
Would it be possible to make some mod that would make it possible to choose a body style (preset) in each style of clothing? I wouldn’t necessarily need to choose a body, but I really needed it to be able to make other objects.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#256 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 5:42 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Feb 2020 at 8:04 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyagom
Would it be possible to make some mod that would make it possible to choose a body style (preset) in each style of clothing? I wouldn’t necessarily need to choose a body, but I really needed it to be able to make other objects.


Presets are applied to the sim, not to a clothing category or style, if I understand your question. I guess it's possible the game code could be modified to do it, but that's way outside the scope of MorphMaker.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#257 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 5:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Presets are applied to the sim, not to a clothing category or style, if I understand your question. I guess it's possible the game code could be modified to do it, but that's way outside the scope of MorphMaker.


My God, did I see a light? Could you try to help me with this as it might be possible? This would help with high heels that are under the floor and I could make a preset that could be chosen only for that type of clothing style.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#258 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyagom
My God, did I see a light? Could you try to help me with this as it might be possible? This would help with high heels that are under the floor and I could make a preset that could be chosen only for that type of clothing style.


Presets have no way to be restricted by clothing style. Even if the part of the game code that controls styles and presets can be modified by scripting or XML (the rest cannot be modified at all) I don't do TS4 scripting and have no clue where to find it or how to modify it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#259 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 12:11 AM
Hi! I was following your Making a Cat Body Preset tutorial and no matter what I do I keep getting "The base and morph faces do not match".
I tried your suggestion of importing the base to Blender and exporting it without changes, and using that exported mesh as the base and editing it to make my morph, but I still got this message. The face/head of my morph is completely untouched, I'm not deleting any vertices or anything, and my order of groups is ears, earsdown, tail, tailstub, and body in both meshes. My Blender settings are set correctly from what I understand. What am I doing wrong?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#260 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 5:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micisoft
Hi! I was following your Making a Cat Body Preset tutorial and no matter what I do I keep getting "The base and morph faces do not match".
I tried your suggestion of importing the base to Blender and exporting it without changes, and using that exported mesh as the base and editing it to make my morph, but I still got this message. The face/head of my morph is completely untouched, I'm not deleting any vertices or anything, and my order of groups is ears, earsdown, tail, tailstub, and body in both meshes. My Blender settings are set correctly from what I understand. What am I doing wrong?


Please upload your base and morph meshes so I can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#261 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 10:33 AM
Hey Cmar.
Is it possible to somehow update sliders made prior to the Cats & Dogs patch?
While I am not 100% sure about this, after talking to simmythesim on discord it seems that something was changed in the way sliders are made or formatted internally or something because that's when his height slider mod stopped working. I've been trying to play around with adding Luumia's height sliders to the Modifier Tunings in the game and although they function exactly as intended when manually manipulated by the player, I can't get the game to use them from the Modifier Tunings. The only thing we discovered is that s4studio cannot read the Bone Delta resources within Luumia's package which lead simmythesim to believe something had changed in the underlying internal code.
The other option we though of was that EA had changed something about the game code to prevent it reading custom sliders added to the Modifier Tunings but neither of us now enough about the coding side of things to be able to check. Well I certainly don't. I thought you might seeing as you created this tool.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#262 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 2:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Hey Cmar.
Is it possible to somehow update sliders made prior to the Cats & Dogs patch?
While I am not 100% sure about this, after talking to simmythesim on discord it seems that something was changed in the way sliders are made or formatted internally or something because that's when his height slider mod stopped working. I've been trying to play around with adding Luumia's height sliders to the Modifier Tunings in the game and although they function exactly as intended when manually manipulated by the player, I can't get the game to use them from the Modifier Tunings. The only thing we discovered is that s4studio cannot read the Bone Delta resources within Luumia's package which lead simmythesim to believe something had changed in the underlying internal code.
The other option we though of was that EA had changed something about the game code to prevent it reading custom sliders added to the Modifier Tunings but neither of us now enough about the coding side of things to be able to check. Well I certainly don't. I thought you might seeing as you created this tool.


Hi! I checked and Luumia's height slider is working fine in CAS for manual adjustment, so I think you mean only scripted height adjustments aren't working?

A bug in MorphMaker causing a wrong value is why S4S can't read the bone deltas, my bad. However, they work fine in-game and s4pe reads them, so S4S seems to be the only one bothered. I'll fix it in the next version. The bone delta version hasn't changed or anything like that. I guess it's possible the wrong value makes the bone delta fail only in scripting, although unlikely, so I've attached Luumia's height slider package with the bone poses fixed for testing. (To fix the bone deltas, all you have to do is open the package in s4pe, click on each BOND, click the Grid button, commit the grid edit window, and save.)

If you could point me to the mod that isn't working I can take a look, although if it's a scripting problem I probably won't be much help. There are so many changes and versions of simmythesim's height mods and I want to be looking at the same one you are.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip LUUMIA_mod_Sim+NeckHeightSlider boneposes fixed.zip (7.5 KB, 5 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
DELETED POST
11th Feb 2020 at 5:28 PM
This message has been deleted by micisoft.
Test Subject
#263 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 6:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Please upload your base and morph meshes so I can take a look.


ok here are the correct files
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar cat.rar (353.7 KB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#264 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 7:28 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 11th Feb 2020 at 9:06 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by micisoft
ok here are the correct files


In the fat cat mesh all the objects/groups have been merged into one called CAT_base. Merging, splitting, deleting, or renaming the objects/groups will make it unusable in MorphMaker.

When you export, in the options try checking both 'Objects as OBJ Objects' and 'Objects as OBJ Groups'. Probably not needed, though.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#265 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
In the fat cat mesh all the objects/groups have been merged into one called CAT_base. Merging, splitting, deleting, or renaming the objects/groups will make it unusable in MorphMaker.

When you export, in the options try checking both 'Objects as OBJ Objects' and 'Objects as OBJ Groups'. Probably not needed, though.


Thank you! That worked, but I'm still not able to get through Dmaps
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar cat(updated).rar (301.6 KB, 4 downloads)
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#266 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 5:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micisoft
Thank you! That worked, but I'm still not able to get through Dmaps


Yeah, I can't get it to work either. Maybe you exported the base and morph meshes using different settings, or somehow changed vertex and face order. Or it's just Blender being weird. I will try to find what specifically is causing the problem but that's going to take time.

Meanwhile, all I can tell you is to import the base you exported from MorphMaker, export that with 'Keep Vertex Order' and both Objects and Groups checked and save that as your base, then make changes and export as the morph mesh using exactly the same export settings. Try with a test change to the mesh so you don't waste time if it doesn't work.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#267 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 8:43 PM
Hello again, Cmar.

Thank you so much for taking a look at those sliders.
I've attached the package I have been trying to get to work. I'm trying , as always, to find a way to create automatically shorter Teens. I don't know if scripting would be needed or not at this stage. I don't know how to script either.
The game uses CASModifierTunings which appear to set parameters for the different CAS modifiers to be adjusted for different ages. The most obvious example of this is when creating an Adult Sim in CAS, when you age them down to Teens their shoulders narrow off.
I have taken this tuning and attempted to append Luumia's height modifiers into the code. The game seems to be ignoring them though. Either I am formatting my additions wrong, hashing the wrong names or in the wrong format, or the game simply doesn't read additions to the tunings. I know it reads edits made to the values already there though as that is something I've got to work successfully.
Note that I have only made edits to the regular Teen tunings and none of the occult types.
Any help you could provide would be immensly appreciated but at this point in time I'm figuring if it could be done then someone with more tuning knowledge than me would have already done it.

Oh! You'll also need to place Luumia's sliders in your mods folder as well if you want to test this in your game. Since it doesn't currently do anything though I don't know as you'll actually have to bother.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip TeenTest.zip (15.6 KB, 4 downloads)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#268 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Hello again, Cmar.

Thank you so much for taking a look at those sliders.
I've attached the package I have been trying to get to work. I'm trying , as always, to find a way to create automatically shorter Teens. I don't know if scripting would be needed or not at this stage. I don't know how to script either.
The game uses CASModifierTunings which appear to set parameters for the different CAS modifiers to be adjusted for different ages. The most obvious example of this is when creating an Adult Sim in CAS, when you age them down to Teens their shoulders narrow off.
I have taken this tuning and attempted to append Luumia's height modifiers into the code. The game seems to be ignoring them though. Either I am formatting my additions wrong, hashing the wrong names or in the wrong format, or the game simply doesn't read additions to the tunings. I know it reads edits made to the values already there though as that is something I've got to work successfully.
Note that I have only made edits to the regular Teen tunings and none of the occult types.
Any help you could provide would be immensly appreciated but at this point in time I'm figuring if it could be done then someone with more tuning knowledge than me would have already done it.

Oh! You'll also need to place Luumia's sliders in your mods folder as well if you want to test this in your game. Since it doesn't currently do anything though I don't know as you'll actually have to bother.


The automatic adjustments are something I'm very interested in for my recreation of morphed sims from the game, so I'm excited about this! I'll play with it and let you know if I come up with anything. You're right that the lack of success by you or others isn't encouraging, but I remember an old saying: "It couldn't be done, but the damn fool didn't know that and did it anyway."

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#269 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Yeah, I can't get it to work either. Maybe you exported the base and morph meshes using different settings, or somehow changed vertex and face order. Or it's just Blender being weird. I will try to find what specifically is causing the problem but that's going to take time.

Meanwhile, all I can tell you is to import the base you exported from MorphMaker, export that with 'Keep Vertex Order' and both Objects and Groups checked and save that as your base, then make changes and export as the morph mesh using exactly the same export settings. Try with a test change to the mesh so you don't waste time if it doesn't work.


Ok, I will try this is in the future thank you so much for taking the time to help me! <3
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#270 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micisoft
Ok, I will try this is in the future thank you so much for taking the time to help me! <3


No problem - I'm just sorry I can't help more.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#271 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Yeah, I can't get it to work either. Maybe you exported the base and morph meshes using different settings, or somehow changed vertex and face order. Or it's just Blender being weird. I will try to find what specifically is causing the problem but that's going to take time.

Meanwhile, all I can tell you is to import the base you exported from MorphMaker, export that with 'Keep Vertex Order' and both Objects and Groups checked and save that as your base, then make changes and export as the morph mesh using exactly the same export settings. Try with a test change to the mesh so you don't waste time if it doesn't work.



I got this error code with an old version of Blender "Index was outside the bounds of the array". I downloaded the latest version of Blender and it works fine now.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#272 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 1:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQSIMS
I got this error code with an old version of Blender "Index was outside the bounds of the array". I downloaded the latest version of Blender and it works fine now.


I'm not surprised since Blender functions often change with the version, not always for the better. Thanks!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#273 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 2:33 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 13th Feb 2020 at 2:59 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Hello again, Cmar.

Thank you so much for taking a look at those sliders.
...


The names - SimHeightShort/Tall - of the Sim Modifiers you used in your xml and data resources do not FNV hash to the instance IDs. MorphMaker assigns a randomized instance when creating sliders, etc. and adds a string table just for convenience in identifying what's what.

So. I changed the instance IDs of the height Sim Modifiers and the bone deltas to the hashes of SimHeightShort and SimHeightTall, updated the internal links and self-references, and tested. I hesitate to even say in case I'm hallucinating, but I think it works, at least in CAS. Please test for yourself!

The package with the height sliders with modified instance IDs is attached. Since the IDs are different it shouldn't conflict with Luumia's mods, with the exception of the DMaps used by the short slider. That shouldn't be a problem though since they should be identical.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip SimHeightAdjust_Modified.zip (7.2 KB, 7 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#274 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 6:00 PM
I just about understand that. So I should have been using the modifier instance to get the hash and not the modifier name? Either way, I have replied to your PM. Thanks!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Page 11 of 15