Testers Wanted: Antique Table Phone
Updated: 19th Mar 2009 at 2:01 PM by -Maylin-
I give you... an antique cradle phone! This lovely table phone has been a long time coming, mainly the amount of time it took me to become skilled enough to create it. However, with Numenor's amazing cloning templates, some perserverence, and several tries, I have come up with something I like... that actually works... and can be recoloured!
The animation is not absolutely perfect - it clips a little bit into the ear when in-use, and the hand may clip into the handset during some animations. There is no cord, and sims will still start a call by dialing, and perhaps even leave the handset somewhere stupid - it will still behave like a normal phone, just with a different mesh and textures. Not much I could do about that but it's still quite lovely and looks very nice for Victorian sims.
It shows in the catalogue in the same place as normal phones (Buy Mode - Electronics - Small Electronics), and is 200 simoleons (a bit more expensive than normal). 710 polys, 630 vertices (pretty darn low), created from scratch in Milkshape. This should be EP and base-game compatible... I have Pets and all the Pets functions seem to come up on it as well. I would appreciate testers - I don't tend to play much myself. I am also not an incredibly experienced object creator, and probably had no business creating a phone, so use at your own risk.
I've taken care to make the map extremely easy to recolour, and have double-size layer-separated PSDs that you can PM me for if you want to recolour it easily using some of my graphics. Three recolours are included, plus the default cream with brass, gold curliecues, and roses.
- NUMENOR!!!! Thank you thank you thank you! The phone cloning templates which I used to clone my phone from, and his very clear instructions had me with a phone package in under 10 minutes, and a few values from the Simstones phone for the handset and I was almost done!
- Everyone who has contributed to the creation and development of SimPE. Couldn't do this without your efforts.
- House of Lime for the curliecue font and Antique Clip Art for the flower graphics.
- Star, for encouraging me even when I get all mopey and convinced I have an atmospheric pressure considerably lower than my surrounding environment. Thanks, hon.
- MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for creating a such a fantastic place to learn and share information, so I could figure out how to do cool stuff like this.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 382.6 KB · Downloads: 129,724 · 27th Oct 2006
|382.6 KB||129,724||27th Oct 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.