MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide Maxis Clothing & Hair in Bon Voyage

by Ambular Posted 5th Feb 2008 at 2:44 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2008 at 8:23 AM by AmberDiceless
21 Comments / replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Since Jordi (who gets full credit for the idea) appears to have gone on indefinite hiatus and never made a hider for the Bon Voyage gear, I put these together.

These files will hide all the hair, clothes and hats that came with Bon Voyage from the game catalog and Bodyshop. They will also prevent those items from being used by new townies, NPC's and randomly generated CAS Sims. Existing Sims should not be affected, and the hidden content can still be found and selected in debug mode.

There is one file each for clothing, hats and non-hat hair. They all work fine for me and my testers; please let me know if you experience any problems.

Jordi's hiders for the previous EP's and some of the SP's can be found here. (Also read Jordi's note on using all the mods for your installed EP's.)

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Bon Voyage
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
AD_HideHatsXP6.rar

Size: 2.6 KB · Downloads: 4,391 · 5th Feb 2008
2.6 KB 4,391 5th Feb 2008
AD_HideHairXP6.rar

Size: 2.7 KB · Downloads: 4,145 · 5th Feb 2008
2.7 KB 4,145 5th Feb 2008
AD_HideClothesXP6.rar

Size: 5.1 KB · Downloads: 4,370 · 5th Feb 2008
5.1 KB 4,370 5th Feb 2008
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.

3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
  • Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
  • Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
 
21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:20 AM
Huh wow interesting, sounds good, I never really saw the original mod, so I can't really say too much about this. The only thing is, since it's all randomized you'd probably end up with really bad outfit combos.

Could you possibly make a mod that would simply hide the items from Body Shop, so perhaps it would run faster, but still allow them in-game? Because I happen to have majority of Pharenoh's default replacements.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:12 AM
As soon as I saw this I was sad. I've been on a quest to make all Maxis clothes usable and mods that 'erase' them completely are hard to fight. That being aside, it is a good thing to continue for those who do use these mods, (all about options here!) and I'm sure you have done it well. Does changing the flag to 09 prevent them from being used on Townies, or does it just hide it from the catalog? I always wondered how it worked. Good work here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerxgirl
Because I happen to have majority of Pharenoh's default replacements.
lol, I seem to exist outside my own threads...
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:26 AM Last edited by AmberDiceless : 5th Feb 2008 at 5:39 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaenoh
As soon as I saw this I was sad. I've been on a quest to make all Maxis clothes usable and mods that 'erase' them completely are hard to fight. That being aside, it is a good thing to continue for those who do use these mods, (all about options here!) and I'm sure you have done it well. Does changing the flag to 09 prevent them from being used on Townies, or does it just hide it from the catalog? I always wondered how it worked. Good work here. lol, I seem to exist outside my own threads...

I'm providing this for the sake of completeness for those who want it, dear. AFAIK, it's never been a wildly popular series of mods, and I'm sure since you've begun providing alternatives, most people will go with yours instead. I use a cannibalized and much-reduced version of the hiders myself, and you should be happy to know that whenever you release a new set of your lovely defaults, I go through and unhide a bunch of stuff in my own game so I can use them. :)

As it was explained to me, hiding an item from the catalog requires increasing its Flags value by 1 (i.e., changing 00 to 01, 08 to 09, etc.) and this should also prevent the item from showing up on townies.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerxgirl
Huh wow interesting, sounds good, I never really saw the original mod, so I can't really say too much about this. The only thing is, since it's all randomized you'd probably end up with really bad outfit combos.

Could you possibly make a mod that would simply hide the items from Body Shop, so perhaps it would run faster, but still allow them in-game? Because I happen to have majority of Pharenoh's default replacements.


Yeah, with these and all of Jordi's hiders and all EP's installed, you wind up with something like two or three fugly items left in each clothing category (which I understand is necessary or else the game will just go back to choosing random stuff for CAS Sims from whatever it's got, hidden or not.) These are I think intended mainly for people who loathe all Maxis content and have enough custom stuff that they don't need it.

Unfortunately I am not experienced enough with altering property sets to make a mod that would differentiate between the CAS catalog and Bodyshop (if that's even possible.) However, you can easily make Phaenoh's defaults work with this if you have SimPE. Just open both files and delete any Property Set lines in the hider that match lines in Phaenoh's file.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:49 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 5th Feb 2008 at 6:04 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDiceless
I'm providing this for the sake of completeness for those who want it, dear.
I know it and I'm glad for it. I know the value of complete sets (other OCD'ers will agree with me). Just because its not what I want in my game doesn't mean I don't want to available in case others do. Though, unless I decide to one day get around to tackling all those awful hats, I think I might just have to consider one of these mods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDiceless
this should also prevent the item from showing up on townies.
Did not know that, but now that I think about it, that does make sense. Thank you for taking the time to do this and also for explaining it!
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 1:46 PM
Back when Jordi postet the first mesh of this series I thought it was a great idea, but I feared my game could be a lot slower than before.
But now I'm going to download the newest version, as I really loathe all maxis' stuff and even Phaenoh's replacements don't improve them a lot (sorry, that's that my opinion)
Maxis' clothes, hair and accessories are that ugly I kept using mods to change all Townies who crossed my path to wear my custom stuff... that won't be necessary anymore.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:32 PM
Thanks, it is infaact something I was hoping for. I use mostly custom defualt meshes and need to hide those Maxian clothes from the EPs that use meshes that were never converted.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 3:09 AM
Yes! I also only use Custom clothing/hair and have no need for these items. I've been dying for someone to update this for BV. Thank you so much!

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Theorist
#10 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 10:08 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! you have no freaknig idea how long I've wanted this, I hate all the crap that came with this exp. so again thank you so very much :-)
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:56 AM
one quick question, about this hider, and other hiders avail...
im looking to create a new n/hood. now i want to use the tree to create the townies etc.
which will create them with content i have in there, or using CAS. which is fine (well im asuming this works from my memories)
now my question here is... will NPCs be made when needed in the game with the normal NPC clothing, as this might be hidden, etc?

does that make sence?
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 8:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellygoose21
one quick question, about this hider, and other hiders avail...
im looking to create a new n/hood. now i want to use the tree to create the townies etc.
which will create them with content i have in there, or using CAS. which is fine (well im asuming this works from my memories)
now my question here is... will NPCs be made when needed in the game with the normal NPC clothing, as this might be hidden, etc?

does that make sence?


I don't think this mod will affect NPC clothing; it only contains the information needed to hide clothing that's normally visible in the catalog.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 1:45 PM
Thank you, AmberDiceless, for bring Jordi's set up to date. I don't know if I'll use any of them, but it's great to have the option to do so.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 3:32 PM
Quick question, just to make sure...hiding the kimonos etc doesn't keep those outfits from showing up on the vacation locals, right? I'm sure the answer is no since they probably work the same as the NPC uniforms, but I wanted to double check
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenwar
Quick question, just to make sure...hiding the kimonos etc doesn't keep those outfits from showing up on the vacation locals, right? I'm sure the answer is no since they probably work the same as the NPC uniforms, but I wanted to double check


It shouldn't affect existing locals. I'm unsure what it will do with newly-spawned ones. My suggestion would be to remove the mod when spawning a new vacation subhood and then put it back in before you actually play it (perhaps use a throwaway test hood to see what happens.) If necessary, you can easily re-enable the kimonos and any other local outfits by opening the file in SimPE and deleting the appropriately named Property Sets.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:45 PM
Okay, thanks Amber. Probably taking it out while creating the subhoods is the safest way to go. Thanks for your help
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th May 2008 at 8:17 AM
Is there a cheat to view hidden clothing like the Gream Reaper`s? I`ve once saw it in the clothing but than it dissapeard... thx
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedygirl
Is there a cheat to view hidden clothing like the Gream Reaper`s? I`ve once saw it in the clothing but than it dissapeard... thx :)


In neighborhood view, open the cheat window and type boolprop testingCheatsEnabled True. Then hold down shift+N while loading CAS and all hidden CAS items will be visible. :)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 6:47 PM
I want something that hides all the Maxis sims in the bodyshop bin, so only the downloaded and self created sims is showing. Does anyone know if there is such a hack/mod for download somewhere? If so, please PM me!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 11:05 PM Last edited by marie2sims : 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:16 PM. Reason: updated
I like the idea of hiding *some* of the maxis content. Specifically, I would really like to hide all the tacky elder ladies shirts that are low cut (halter top) and/or sleeveless. They look horrible, and I don't think they are fixable, so if you could make a hider for them, I'd be very grateful.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 4:19 PM
Thanks a lot. This keeps the cataloge free from meaningless outdated material. Bravo to you!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 7:50 AM
Very handy for theme hoods. Thanks!