"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (AL)
Uploaded 1st Sep 2008 at 8:59 PM · Updated 17th Sep 2008 at 4:38 PM by HystericalParoxysm
After getting Apartment Life, I was instantly smitten with the adorable textures and meshes for the clothes they had. However, I was NOT pleased with how much skin was showing on otherwise adorable outfits. Bellies hanging out all over the place! There's a time and place for that thing, and it's called the beach!
Yes, I'm a little old lady at heart. But I know I'm not the only one who tends to not use outfits that show too much skin!
So I fixed it. All of the outfits for teen and adult female (and those elder outfits that share adult female textures) are no longer midriffy!
I realize this may not be to everyone's taste and some people may like them just the way they were to begin with - but instead of calling me a puritan or something, just pass on by and find something else to fit your taste, k?
All files here are default replacements - [b]they will completely replace the original outfits with my changes. If you don't like that, don't download them! I have no plans to make non-defaults of these. If someone else wants to do that, go right ahead - I made these for my own use and figured I'd upload them to share. Don't ask for non-defaults or I will come to your house and eat all your pasta!
The textures are compressed as much as would let me compress them (no texture quality loss, by the way) so these should be relatively small in size despite being defaults.
Yes, I'm thinking I might do the same thing for a lot of other too-revealing outfits from the base game and EPs. I work on my own time, my own schedule, and do 'em how I want, so please don't whine for me to do them - if I want to, I will. If I don't, I won't. Currently, I want to, but have a lot of other things to do too.
[size=4][color=indigo][b]Downloads are in Comments![/header1]
Because of the fact that I have nine different sets here, I am putting the downloads in the comments.
[b]The file attached to this first post is a useless file which you do not need so don't download it! It's only attached because I have to in order for this thread to work as a proper download thread... and because it'll amuse me to see how many people download it anyway without having read this at all.
MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for giving me a cool place to make pretty things for pixel dollies.
Everyone who has contributed to the development of SimPE.
Age: Teen Young Adult Adult Elder
Clothing Type: Everyday Athletic
Clothing Style: Modern Alternative
Other Type: Not Applicable
Maxis Flags: Default Replacement
Outfit Type: Top Full Outfit
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Do not download this file - downloads are in the comments!.rar
Size: 259 Bytes · Downloads: 1,725 · 1st Sep 2008
|259 Bytes||1,725||1st Sep 2008|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.