The Time Factor : Walls
As a constant reminder of Impermanence, Time is ageing, weathering, distressing things and beings, giving them an identity and an history, marking them up with details.
Details make things unique and therefore beautiful.
And uniqueness calls variations.
So, here are varieties of walls with life stigmata features. Some are hard beaten, some are softly faded.
Although, like in real life, categories doesn't have a real meaning -they're made to make us feel secure-, and after solving vital dilemmas like: should painted bricks go in brick or in paint ?, I've ordered, subjectively, the 325 walls, more or less, according the game categories:
- Bricks (40), Masonry (30), Siding (60), Poured (45), Paint (40), Wallpaper (65), Tiles (20), Wood (25).
Some series are seamless (at least horizontally), each panel can be placed in any order and match the others. Price: 7§.
Some series needs to be placed in a particular order to match and keep the continuity, like a strip. Price: 5§.
Here and there you will find some clean and untouched wall. Price: 7§.
All series are Mac friendly.
Hopefully, package naming is comprehensible... In order to prevent nervous breakdown caused by searching the matching wall, a collection file is provided with each categories.
I've tried to personalise almost each panel by collage and other deconstruction/reconstruction and with all the possible tricks I've learned all these years. Home-made drawn material, personal photos, tweaked computer generated textures have also been used.
Nothing "artistic" here. I torture pixels through software attempting to bring realism in a virtual world I use to escape Reality.
Some of these may look familiar as I don't know all the walls created worldwide. Sources used are free and some are coming from well known websites:
GC Textures, Spectralogue, Arroway Textures, Lemog3D, Animax Turbo squid
This set was originally bigger (+400 walls) but rejected because of use of other game textures and the deficiency of authorizations.
I've pruned it from all the files coming from other game textures or those without proof of "free to use" or from unsure origin.
I've made and modified those for myself but I'm glad to share them, while all credits goes to their original creators, I'm unable to name them.
You'll find the additional walls(78) here. None of them are pictured here. Have them for your personal use.
From the bottom of my heart, a huge THANKS to anyone who consider me as one of their favourite creator, have taken the time to comment or pushed the fuzzy-feeling thanks button during all these years.
I'm honoured every time One is using my stuff for One's pleasure...
This post is dedicated to :
The earlier Trash Makers who have inspired me in the beginning: Dumbblonde, Bink13y, The_Balloon_Dog and their caretaker: Dewshine.
And all the weathered material lovers and trash Hunters out there... You know who you are.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 1.58 MB · Downloads: 22,239 · 25th Nov 2008
Size: 1.25 MB · Downloads: 20,976 · 25th Nov 2008
Size: 3.92 MB · Downloads: 24,517 · 25th Nov 2008
Size: 2.48 MB · Downloads: 22,787 · 25th Nov 2008
Size: 2.76 MB · Downloads: 21,627 · 25th Nov 2008
Size: 3.37 MB · Downloads: 20,946 · 25th Nov 2008
Size: 1.93 MB · Downloads: 22,410 · 25th Nov 2008
Size: 2.63 MB · Downloads: 26,749 · 25th Nov 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5