Monte Vista's Buona Sera Dress Retextured
Updated: 21st Nov 2016 at 1:56 AM - fixed morphs
The older version has an issue with the fat/thin morph, they didn't work properly without Monte Vista installed (dunno why TSRW did that ). I (finally) fixed this issue, so please download the file with "FIXED" on the end. It's not necessary to clear your cache files since this one is a brand new clone from the original. It remains stand-alone, and won't replace the EA original. Thanks for understanding!
Well, I love the Buona Sera Dress that came with Monte Vista, but always thought that EA was somewhat undecided about its sleeves. But, when I was in CAS looking for a nice wedding dress for my sim, and while I was recolouring this dress, I thought that was the time of trying to retexture this and make it with "full" sleeves...
And, for someone who didn't use Photoshop for a looong time, I've got a nice result, and with a better bump map than the original one
And, since I'm not a addicted of bright and light blue, I've added three "classic" presets: red, black, and white, which one looks nice for a bride
- It has 2 recolorable channels (the same as the original): the main part of the dress, and the lace;
- For Young Adult and Adult females, in Formal category;
- Has 3 recolour presets (as shown above);
- Since this is not a default replacement, you can have the Store version and mine at the same time
That's all, hope you like it!
Since I didn't touch the mesh, it's the same than EA's original version.
Thanks for "Clothing Retexture Tutorial" by Ekinege;
to "Creating Bumpmaps for TS3" by Elexis;
to Elexis (again) for the poses used in the screenshots;
and for TSRW, S3PE, and Photoshop.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
buona sera retextured - FIXED.zip
Size: 1.78 MB · Downloads: 5,547 · 21st Nov 2016
|1.78 MB||5,547||21st Nov 2016|
Buonasera Dress retextured (with sleeves) - by bellakenobi.rar
Size: 1.64 MB · Downloads: 17,432 · 22nd Aug 2014
|1.64 MB||17,432||22nd Aug 2014|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: