MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Longer Efficacy Emotion Potions (UPDATE: 2020-06-07)

by egureh Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 8:08 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2020 at 3:38 PM by egureh
49 Comments / replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
UPDATE 2020-06-07: Update for Game Version 1.63.134 (2020-06-04)

I was looking for something to keep the specific emotion covering the whole working time.
The emotion potions are cool, but their effects don't last long enough. So I made this mod to extend the duration.
It works on all the 6 kinds of lasting emotion potions. (Happy/Energized/Confident/Inspired/Flirty/Focused)
You could get these potions either from the Reward Store or a sim completed Master Mixologist aspiration.

Maxis/EA Defaults
One potion lasts for 3 hours, more potions accumulate to 4 hours at most.

Mod Effects
Super24: One dose a day, keeps the doctor away. (24h)

Notice
These buffs could be removed by traveling to other lot or reloading the game.

Compatibility
Based on Game Version 1.58.63, INCOMPATIBLE with previous patches.

Conflicts
This mod edits these files, will conflict with any other mod dose the same.


Install
This is a non-script mod. Unzip and place the .package file in the Mods folder.


Additional Credits
S4PE & XML Extractor for The Sims 4 & Notepad++

Type: Other

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.47.49
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
LongerPotions-Super24.zip | One dose a day, keeps the doctor away.

Size: 33.3 KB · Downloads: 12,134 · 7th Jun 2020
33.3 KB 12,134 7th Jun 2020
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 11:14 PM
thanks you should have a longer time when they cost so much. Appreciate your creativity!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:02 PM
Is this compatible with the Dec 16th patch?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejesse8
Is this compatible with the Dec 16th patch?

Sure. No update means it's still compatible with the lastest patch.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhelay
what i need to modify to make happines potion lasts forever? )
sorry for bad english

Oops, I'm terribly sorry. I've read your question but it ran out of my head next minute.
Yes, of course you can make it last forever.
Just open the statistic file of happy potion, edit <T n="decay_rate">1</T> to <T n="decay_rate">0</T>.
Then there you go.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 10:10 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:12 AM
Thank You, Thank You... :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:06 PM
Great!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:10 AM
Thanks so much appreciate it much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 1:59 AM
Thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:16 PM
thanks
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Camo5050 : 10th Jun 2015 at 6:29 PM.
I don't know if this is a bug with the mod, or something unavoidable within the game engine:

While using your Super 24 hour mod, I've noticed that if you drink more than one potion (let's say 2), the first potion's duration is reduced from the expected 24 hour duration. I've been able to replicate this with no other mods installed, on the 05/14/2015 update PC Version 1.7.62.1020 / Mac Version 1.7.62.1220, with GTW and the Luxury stuff pack installed.

To clarify, these are two different potions where this bug will occur. ex. a Confidence followed by a Happiness potion.
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 7:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo5050
I don't know if this is a bug with the mod, or something unavoidable within the game engine:

While using your Super 24 hour mod, I've noticed that if you drink more than one potion (let's say 2), the first potion's duration is reduced from the expected 24 hour duration. I've been able to replicate this with no other mods installed, on the 05/14/2015 update PC Version 1.7.62.1020 / Mac Version 1.7.62.1220, with GTW and the Luxury stuff pack installed.

To clarify, these are two different potions where this bug will occur. ex. a Confidence followed by a Happiness potion.


I had this same issue as well. I'm also using the mod with the latest version of the Sims 4, which is 1.10 I believe. I mean the mod works fine, but it reduces the happy moodlet from the potion from 24 hours to 8 hours.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:48 AM
AWESOME THANKS
Instructor
#39 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 6:01 AM
Thank you, my doctor will be able to become Focused, phew !! Thank you for your serious
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 1:53 AM
这个在论坛上有吗?帖子写的什么名字?我想去找找。我点进来发现是大神你的作品,然后发现并看不懂英文版的介绍,哭
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda-qingyuesong
这个在论坛上有吗?帖子写的什么名字?我想去找找。我点进来发现是大神你的作品,然后发现并看不懂英文版的介绍,哭

在我论坛签名栏里有链接,奖励强化那帖。
Test Subject
DELETED POST
19th Jan 2017 at 9:31 PM
This message has been deleted by retroberrii.
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 9:33 PM
This mod doesn't work with the latest patch. It gives no option to drink the potions. Removing the mod fixes it.
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 12:18 AM
First of all I would like to thank you for this marvelous work. I've been using this mod since forever, and it's great! But I got my game updated to 1.25.136.1020 and all of a sudden I got this issue that I can't use any potion of emotion, simply put: The option to drink the potions such as flirty, confident, focused, happy, energized and inspired don't show anymore. I had no idea what did that, so when I got rid of this mod I could drink the potions again. I was using the 24h flavor. Please egureh can you help me?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeth
First of all I would like to thank you for this marvelous work. I've been using this mod since forever, and it's great! But I got my game updated to 1.25.136.1020 and all of a sudden I got this issue that I can't use any potion of emotion, simply put: The option to drink the potions such as flirty, confident, focused, happy, energized and inspired don't show anymore. I had no idea what did that, so when I got rid of this mod I could drink the potions again. I was using the 24h flavor. Please egureh can you help me?

Latest update of this mod is based on v1.26.96, I assume it should be compatible with previous game but I'm not 100% sure. You could have a try.
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 4:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egureh
Latest update of this mod is based on v1.26.96, I assume it should be compatible with previous game but I'm not 100% sure. You could have a try.


Thank you for your quick reply. I'll try it!
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 11:08 PM
Hi Egureh, thanks for created the mod. I'm first using this mod but unfortunately the latest version of this mod isn't compatible with game version 1.25, it caused the drink option dissapeared in the game. Can you please help me to fix that?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 12:51 AM
Wow I really need this mod!
Still working with the last update?

Edit: Yes, the mod works perfectly for me!
Thankx!!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:27 AM
Well doesn't break anything that I can tell but doesn't extend potion duration either.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 7:59 PM
Thank you for the update!
Is that possible to bring back the 8 hours potion option?
Page 2 of 2