MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Human Life Span for Supernatural Sims

by Gurra09 Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 8:29 PM
16 Comments / replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Are you tired of your Vampires, Unicorns, Genies, Werewolves and Fairies living such long lives? Well, I was too, so here is a mod that changes that!

What does it do?
In the unmodded game these occults have a longer life span as YAs and older. Vampires' and Fairies' life span are multiplied by 5, Unicorns' by 3, Genies' by 2 and Werewolves' by 1.5.

With this mod all those multipliers have been set to 1, giving them a just as long life as a normal Sim or Horse.



Compatibility
Made with game version 1.48, and works for all version up to and including 1.67.

This mod alters the AgingManager XML which means any other mod altering this XML will conflict with this mod. The mod is functional no matter what EPs you own so even if you for example don't have Supernatural you can still use this mod to shorten the life span for your Vampires, Unicorns and Genies.

Less Long Life Span for Supernatural Sims
I also made a flavor of this mod that keeps the occults' life spans longer but not as long as the original. Only have one of the packages installed at the same time.

If you download this version the life span multipliers will be:
Vampires and Fairies (3), Unicorns (2), Genies (1.5), Werewolf (1.25). This version also adjusts the life span the genie Long Life wish (1.5 multiplier instead of 2) and Animal Expert (1.25 instead of 1.5) multipliers.

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Built with Game Version: 1.48
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Gurra_HumanLifeSpanforSupernaturalSims.zip 7.7 KB 4,947 18th Nov 2014
Gurra_LessLongLifeSpanforSupernaturalSims.zip 7.7 KB 1,718 18th Nov 2014
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
 
16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
18th Nov 2014 at 9:07 PM
This message has been deleted by Darkcloudwalker. Reason: Just trying to be helpful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloudwalker
Here is the 1.67 version. Double check it and feel free to use it.


Eh, what? The file uploaded by me IS compatible with patch 1.67. Thanks for trying to help out though, but it wasn't needed.

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit simgurra.tumblr.com - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:20 PM Last edited by 310175 : 24th Nov 2014 at 2:05 AM.
I've tried the "lesslonglifespan" version and it didn't work. When I checked in the panel for my vampire, it still said it would never age up. I was wondering if it's possible that it won't affect supernaturals that are made supernatural with Master Controller?
Dashboard didn't report any conflicts.

I haven't played Supernaturals in ages and I love the idea.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
I've tried the "lesslonglifespan" version and it didn't work. When I checked in the panel for my vampire, it still said it would never age up. I was wondering if it's possible that it won't affect supernaturals that are made supernatural with Master Controller?
Dashboard didn't report any conflicts.

I haven't played Supernaturals in ages and I love the idea.


The Never Aging Up issue with vampires has nothing to do with my mod, this has been reported even by players that play unmodded games ever since the University Life patch. If it's true you haven't played supernaturals in ages you probably just haven't noticed this bug.

I too thought it was an issue with my mod when it happened to me but thorough testing has shown it does not.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 3:47 AM
now I'll finally stop rejecting all those supernatural sims I see around xD thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 10:54 PM
Hi! Thanks so much for this mod, I really don't like at all the aging up differences between my supernatural sims. I mean who wants a werewolf still being a young adult while his/her human couple just died of old age?! I play epic lifespan and they live like three or four hundred days more. Fairies more than a thousand!
As I understand though, your mod would conflict with mods like Buzzler's Aging Manager http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=447628 or Consort's Age http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=517293 , am I right?
Sorry about my English
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukigalleta
Hi! Thanks so much for this mod, I really don't like at all the aging up differences between my supernatural sims. I mean who wants a werewolf still being a young adult while his/her human couple just died of old age?! I play epic lifespan and they live like three or four hundred days more. Fairies more than a thousand!
As I understand though, your mod would conflict with mods like Buzzler's Aging Manager http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=447628 or Consort's Age http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=517293 , am I right?
Sorry about my English


Sorry for the late reply but I'm happy you like it. As far as I can see those mods are script mods, not tuning mods, and shouldn't be altering the AgingManager XML file per se. So they should work together with this mod.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurra09
Sorry for the late reply but I'm happy you like it. As far as I can see those mods are script mods, not tuning mods, and shouldn't be altering the AgingManager XML file per se. So they should work together with this mod.


Then I'm not wasting one single minute and go to download it right away!
Thank you so much for your reply and your amazing creations! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 7:58 PM
Thank you very much! I found their expanded lifespans have become exceptionally frustrating.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:31 PM
Thanks for this! Supernatural had always been my favourite expansion pack. :)
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:28 PM
i have a request, is there a way to make a version that gives all supernatural except vampires a human lifespan and makes vampires immortal
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 4:46 AM
Thank you so much! I can't believe I just now found this! The only thing keeping me from playing supernaturals (other than witches) was the fact that their lifespans were just way too long! Now I can actually enjoy them! :) Thanks again!
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 3:47 AM
Is this safe to use in a save that currently has supernaturals in the active family? Thanks for letting me know.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 8:10 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:25 PM
Doesn't work in my game
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 4:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneduckazoid
i have a request, is there a way to make a version that gives all supernatural except vampires a human lifespan and makes vampires immortal


You could get the Human Life Span mod here and then just use the Immortal LTR on vampres