Updated: The Harbinger Fridge
Uploaded 24th Mar 2015 at 4:44 PM · Updated 30th Apr 2015 at 11:12 PM by plasticbox
Update 2015-04-30 ‒ I overhauled the entire thing, the new package is changed/improved thusly:
- Found a simpler and more logical way to deal with the rig ‒ no more weird start/stop states
- Moved the right side of the interior so it won’t clip into the wall when the fridge is placed in a corner
- Fixed the mirrored light reflection on the door texture and edited the door handles to better match their shadow
- Baseboard is now matching the equivalent counters a little better
- Cleaned up the low poly mesh, it is more low poly now
- Various little mesh/map edits that also get rid of some pointless high-poly-ness
You should redownload, it really looks much better now =).
It costs 1.800§ and is available in Function > Appliances > Refrigerators and Room > Kitchen > Refrigerators. All textures are custom. Tuning is referenced from one of the Maxis medium quality fridges, so if you have any mods that modify that (like graycurse’s “Shop from Fridge” which I had in when taking the screenshots) it will work for this fridge as well. All screenshots are taken with the Harbinger Light Fix in; it changes how the cabinets are rendered (like the counters, so that the colours look the same as on those).
- The fridge is being rendered a little differently from the counters and cabinets ‒ this is because I can’t use the Counter shader for the fridge since that stops the animations from working. With some colour variants this is more noticeable, with some less; it also depends on the lighting in the room how much of annoyance it is.
High Poly: 1044V/633F
Mid Poly: 851V/484F
Low Poly: 210V/114F
blender, s4pe, TSRW, Milkshape, Paint.net.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Modthesims. Info/members/plasticbox
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Mesh name: The Harbinger Fridge
Size: 5.64 MB · Downloads: 20,246 · 30th Apr 2015
|5.64 MB||20,246||30th Apr 2015|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.