MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stop Random Flirting

by Aariancya Posted 10th Jul 2016 at 12:00 AM - Updated 22nd Apr 2021 at 9:32 PM by Aariancya : updated description
89 Comments / replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Update 26th December 2020:
After seeing people having issues with my mod I decided to make a more reliable version of it. It's a script mod which selects all flirt interactions and changes the tests for autonomous usage.

Mod description:
This mod changes the conditions for autonomous flirting. Your sims need to be in a romantic relationship or romantic conversation to flirt. It's a script mod and doesn't need to be updated for every patch.

Your sims can still flirt autonomously if they fulfill any of the requirements listed here:
  • when they are in a suggestive, amorous or steamy conversation.
  • with their wife/husband, fiancee/fiance, girlfriend/boyfriend.
  • when they have a romantic relationship (pink bar) which is at least 10.

Please note:
  • Your single sims won't flirt until you tell them to.
  • This mod can't prevent the game from generating random relationships when you switch households.
  • This mod won't affect enchanting introductions. You'll need No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions by egureh to prevent this.
  • This mod can't prevent random NPC romances. You'll need No Random NPC Romance by lazarusinashes to prevent this.
  • This mod can't affect autonomy pushes for NPCs like the Free Love NAP. You need additional mods to prevent this.
  • This mod won't affect the „Vampiric Charm“ or club rules.

Possible conflicts:
  • Don't use this mod with other script mods which change autonomous usage of romantic social interactions. You could get unpredictable results.
  • If you use it with tuning mods which change autonomous usage of romantic social interactions, these mods could be ignored.
  • You can use custom romantic social interactions, these will be covered as long as the creator tagged them with Social_Flirty. But sims might use these interactions differently than the creator intended.
  • Mods to unlock interactions should be fine.

Known issues:
If EA adds new romantic situations that should not to be tested for faithfulness, my mod will probably block unfaithful behavior from it.

Installation:
Extract the mod from the .zip file and place the .ts4script and the .package file together in your Mods folder. Don't place it more than one subfolder deep. Script mods have to be activated in your game or it won't work.

Additional Credits:
Scumbumbo: for everything he has done for the modding community
Triplis: for the tutorial „Injecting to Test Autonomous“ and the auto hash tool
andrew: for the tutorial „Getting Started with Python Scripting“
Sims Log Enabler
XML Extractor
PyCharm
S4PE

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
StopRandomFlirting_V4.0.zip

Size: 2.6 KB · Downloads: 4,575 · 26th Dec 2020
2.6 KB 4,575 26th Dec 2020
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 10:30 PM
Thanks for this! I don't think the No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions mod is being updated so perhaps you could include that feature in this mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#77 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 1:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby2805
Thanks for this! I don't think the No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions mod is being updated so perhaps you could include that feature in this mod?


Until now I had no problems to use egureh’s mod. I don’t think the XMLs for introductions are changed very often. I don’t have the XMLs of patch 1.55 to compare the changes but I took a short look at the mod and it should work fine. I hope I didn’t miss anything.

If you use SCAM, you can add this to your MTS_Scumbumbo_SCAM_Config.txt

32047 # mixer_social_HilariousIcebreaker_greetings
26179 # mixer_social_RudeIntroduction_greetings
26180 # mixer_social_FlirtyIntroduction_greetings_skills
26182 # mixer_social_EnchantingIntroduction_greetings_skills

For MCCC it should be for tuner.cfg

32047, mixer_social_HilariousIcebreaker_greetings
26179, mixer_social_RudeIntroduction_greetings
26180, mixer_social_FlirtyIntroduction_greetings_skills
26182, mixer_social_EnchantingIntroduction_greetings_skills
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 5:32 PM
oh so happy to see this mod come back!! thnx u thnx u! is a MUST TO HAVE!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 7:24 PM Last edited by sharq : 24th Dec 2019 at 9:59 PM.
hey, your mod looks like very helpful, but I don’t quite understand what is the difference between your mod and the settings of the MC Tuner (Stop Random Flirting), at first glance MC do almost the same
and the second question, I wonder if your mod is compatible with this one? it looks like they are using the same file http://modthesims.info/d/619542/upd...er-romance.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#80 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Aariancya : 28th Dec 2019 at 3:27 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharq
hey, your mod looks like very helpful, but I don’t quite understand what is the difference between your mod and the settings of the MC Tuner (Stop Random Flirting), at first glance MC do almost the same
and the second question, I wonder if your mod is compatible with this one? it looks like they are using the same file http://modthesims.info/d/619542/upd...er-romance.html


I don’t know how this setting in MCCC works, it wasn’t there before I made this mod. You can try it out and use the one that suits your needs better.

Version 3.0 is not compatible with Better Romance by simler90. It is possible to use this mod and Version 2.1 but I wouldn’t advise to do that. Better use one or the other.
Test Subject
#81 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 1:03 PM Last edited by sharq : 2nd Jan 2020 at 10:03 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariancya
I don’t know how this setting in MCCC works, it wasn’t there before I made this mod. You can try it out and use the one that suits your needs better.

Version 3.0 is not compatible with Better Romance by simler90. It is possible to use this mod and Version 2.1 but I wouldn’t advise to do that. Better use one or the other.

ok, thank you for your help
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 11:58 PM
Pretty sure this mod no longer works 100%. It seems to only effect the player sims now, as I have npc's cheating on their spouses and forming new romances left and right (Example: Saw Geoffoery Landgrabb ask Katrina Caliente to be his girlfriend when I know he's still married - Both npcs). While generally I do not care about my npc townies.. this concerns me when my sim's partner is an npc. While yes, I could use MCCC - I'd prefer not to. I've used this mod as long as I can remember. I do hope it is still supported and will be updated. Thanks!

Modder | Builder | Storyteller | Support
Test Subject
Original Poster
#83 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Aariancya : 10th Sep 2020 at 3:01 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFalseHope
Pretty sure this mod no longer works 100%. It seems to only effect the player sims now, as I have npc's cheating on their spouses and forming new romances left and right (Example: Saw Geoffoery Landgrabb ask Katrina Caliente to be his girlfriend when I know he's still married - Both npcs). While generally I do not care about my npc townies.. this concerns me when my sim's partner is an npc. While yes, I could use MCCC - I'd prefer not to. I've used this mod as long as I can remember. I do hope it is still supported and will be updated. Thanks!


Which version of my mod do you use? I'm using version 3 in my own game and didn't notice any problems.

Do you have a mod to prevent generating random relationships when you switch households? I don't know if the game still generates romantic relationships when you do this, I use mods to prevent this for years.

Do you use any other romance mod? I know Better Romance by simler90 is not compatible with my mod and maybe there are more mods out there which use the same XML. And there is more than one way to make the game ignore my mod.

Maybe you could tell me under which circumstances your NPCs flirt? I saw in your profile, you own DLCs I don't have: University and Eco. Maybe there is something in one of the DLCs. I have read about unwanted behavior caused by NAPs. If it's something NAP related, you'll probably need another mod to fix this.

I understand your concern, I wouldn't like that too. I just need some more information to find the problem.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariancya
Which version of my mod do you use? I'm using version 3 in my own game and didn't notice any problems.

Do you have a mod to prevent generating random relationships when you switch households? I don't know if the game still generates romantic relationships when you do this, I use mods to prevent this for years.

Do you use any other romance mod? I know Better Romance by simler90 is not compatible with my mod and maybe there are more mods out there which use the same XML. And there is more than one way to make the game ignore my mod.

Maybe you could tell me under which circumstances your NPCs flirt? I saw in your profile, you own DLCs I don't have: University and Eco. Maybe there is something in one of the DLCs. I have read about unwanted behavior caused by NAPs. If it's something NAP related, you'll probably need another mod to fix this.

I understand your concern, I wouldn't like that too. I just need some more information to find the problem.


Sorry for the late reply but I use version 3 and only play one household. I am unsure about the circumstances. I believe for the landgrab situation I mentioned one of them was in the NPC false flirty mood and it was just a random conversation on the side of the road. I already have mods to block the romance autonomy from NAPS so I'm not sure what else it could be. In my game relationships are cleared it seems the minute they leave the lot as the next time I saw them, they had no clue who one another was. My game has been doing this for years, even without mods.

Modder | Builder | Storyteller | Support
Test Subject
Original Poster
#85 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFalseHope
Sorry for the late reply but I use version 3 and only play one household. I am unsure about the circumstances. I believe for the landgrab situation I mentioned one of them was in the NPC false flirty mood and it was just a random conversation on the side of the road. I already have mods to block the romance autonomy from NAPS so I'm not sure what else it could be. In my game relationships are cleared it seems the minute they leave the lot as the next time I saw them, they had no clue who one another was. My game has been doing this for years, even without mods.


No problem. I can't answer as quickly as I would like too. That's really weird. There is something I noticed since the Eco patch: I blocked all autonomy from interactions for phones in my game. Many sims going around my lots use their phones since this patch. Sims in the household I play don't do this. I looked in the original tuning and the interaction to ask a sim to be girlfriend is not allowed to be used autonomous. It seems there is something pushing NPCs to use interactions which are not usable autonomous for them.

I will try to find a solution but I can't promise anything. I can't really test this because it doesn't happen in my game. Maybe you could tell me which mods you use to block NAP autonomy. Then I know where I don't need to look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#86 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:45 PM
@YourFalseHope

I borrowed a game with Eco and tried to reproduce the bug. I tested with my mod and used No NPC Free Love by magneticsouth to block romantic NAP autonomy. But no NPC tried to flirt with anyone.

I really don't know what causes this behavior in your game. I'm sorry, but I think I can't fix this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 12:53 AM
Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:23 AM
can you please please make a separate version of the StopRandomRisqueQuestions mod again? I don't want to place restrictions on flirting, just that single aspect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#89 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveGotACat
can you please please make a separate version of the StopRandomRisqueQuestions mod again? I don't want to place restrictions on flirting, just that single aspect.


At the moment the original game doesn't allow to do autonomous risque questions. As far as I know the mod PersonalityPlease allows autonomous risque questions. If you don't have this mod you don't need an additional mod.
If you do, you could ask the creator of this mod. Or you could use MCCC Tuner to block all autonomous use for this interaction.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:37 PM
This mod is vital. I cannot play without it. Thanks a million times.
Page 4 of 4