MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacking & Programming payout override

by HellsGuard Posted 15th Jan 2017 at 3:37 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2020 at 10:56 PM by HellsGuard
48 Comments / replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts
I was away with work and family life for awhile, certain things prevented me from updating my games and such however I have returned back to playing the sims and noticed this wasn't working anymore, and I really can't play with out it so I updated it.

Compatibility
  • Version 1.61.15 (02/04/2020 Update, Includes small patch on 02/12/2020)

Description
Changes the payouts of programming & hacking.
Available in x2 or x5.

I have separated each flavor so you can use x2 or x5 or just programming, or just hacking, or get the combined one so you don't need to have 2 packages for a cleaner mod folder.

Conflicts
This mod will conflict with any other mods that make changes to the XML's as listed below, be sure to check the list for compatibility.



Additional Credits
Programming and Hacking payout revision (1.7 update) by NightTorch (Basically an updated version of theirs)
SP4E
S4TT
My girlfriend for making me coffee.
Type: Other

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.26.96
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Hacking & Programming Loot Increase [x5].rar | Combined loot increase. x5 Version - 1.61.15 Update

Size: 11.3 KB · Downloads: 10,797 · 25th Mar 2020
11.3 KB 10,797 25th Mar 2020
Hacking & Programming Loot Increase [x2].rar | Combined loot increase. x2 Version - 1.61.15 Update

Size: 11.3 KB · Downloads: 2,364 · 25th Mar 2020
11.3 KB 2,364 25th Mar 2020
Programming Loot Increase [x5].rar | Programming loot increase only. x5 Version. - 1.61.15 Update

Size: 5.0 KB · Downloads: 1,355 · 25th Mar 2020
5.0 KB 1,355 25th Mar 2020
Programming Loot Increase [x2].rar | Programming loot increase only. x2 Version. - 1.61.15 Update

Size: 5.0 KB · Downloads: 774 · 25th Mar 2020
5.0 KB 774 25th Mar 2020
Hacking Loot Increase [x5].rar | Hacking loot increase only. x5 Version. - 1.61.15 Update

Size: 6.6 KB · Downloads: 1,903 · 25th Mar 2020
6.6 KB 1,903 25th Mar 2020
Hacking Loot Increase [x2].rar | Hacking loot increase only. x2 Version. - 1.61.15 Update

Size: 6.6 KB · Downloads: 912 · 25th Mar 2020
6.6 KB 912 25th Mar 2020
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:28 AM
Seems to have been broken by 1.36 - any chance of an update? One of my most used mods!
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:48 AM
I remade the x2 Mod and am uploading it as an update to make it easier for ppl to install, i hope that is ok with forum rules. If not could upload as my own I suppose. In the .rar file I have added a royalty increase mod also if ppl would like higher App+Game Royalties. If ppl would like to change the values themselves and need some help let me know, its pretty simple just a matter of taking the time to do it. Thanks to HellsGuard for making this, it certainly made finding the right xmls a lot faster.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Pd1ds - Royalty Increase + [HF Creations] Hacking x2 Update.rar (10.4 KB, 387 downloads)
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1ds
I remade the x2 Mod and am uploading it as an update to make it easier for ppl to install, i hope that is ok with forum rules. If not could upload as my own I suppose. In the .rar file I have added a royalty increase mod also if ppl would like higher App+Game Royalties. If ppl would like to change the values themselves and need some help let me know, its pretty simple just a matter of taking the time to do it. Thanks to HellsGuard for making this, it certainly made finding the right xmls a lot faster.


Can you make a x5 version pls?
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1ds
I remade the x2 Mod and am uploading it as an update to make it easier for ppl to install, i hope that is ok with forum rules. If not could upload as my own I suppose. In the .rar file I have added a royalty increase mod also if ppl would like higher App+Game Royalties. If ppl would like to change the values themselves and need some help let me know, its pretty simple just a matter of taking the time to do it. Thanks to HellsGuard for making this, it certainly made finding the right xmls a lot faster.


Thank you so much for doing this! But would you like to tell me how to change the values?
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:13 PM
A lot of us would have no idea how to change the values (I'm guessing) which is why we download stuff that's already made. I also would like the x5 version again. if it's as simple as a batch fix then that'll be fine.
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:37 PM
Hey everyone sorry I haven`t checked this page in a little while. Someone had sent me a pm asking for help also and I think ill just copy paste the little Tutorial I had sent them. Basically there`s two ways to do it. The first one will help you edit my update for 5 times mod, the second has only a step or two more and will help you update this mod anytime in the future from scratch.

Now I actually typed out how to do it from scratch first cause its just as easy and a lot more useful. But I'll post how to alter mine first just cause there's less text and hopefully shows how easy it is a little better.

Editing a Mod
1. Find the mod you want to edit (my 2x update) and make a copy, then rename to whatever you like (In this case you should name it [HF Creations] - Hacking & Programming Loot Increase [x5].package)
2. Open Sims 4 Studio and Click My Project in top right corner> Find Your New Copied File and open it. Your Tables are on the Left and Xmls that you edit on the right
3. Look for Money_Loot in the xml. under that there will be a lower bound and upper bound with >Number< in each. Because I already doubled the value if you multiply by 2.5 you will get your 5x value. Now Scroll down and keep finding Money_Loot and changing the values, there will be about ten of them for each table.
4. Once you've edited all your values Save and put into your mod folder.


From Scratch
1. In Sims 4 Studio at the top of the screen Click Tools>Create Empty Package>Name your file and save
2. Next Click Tools>Extract Tuning.
The Very First Time you do this it will take some time, Some ppl say even up to ten minutes, Depends on your computer. Every Major update to the sims 4 it will also take some time.
3. Another Window saying Export Tuning... should pop up. In the top search bar type loot_programming and from the list you want to select the following
-action/Loot_ProgrammingSkill_FreelanceDone
-" "HackedSupercomputer
-" "HackedTarget1
-" "HackedTarget2
-" "HackedTarget3
-" "HackedTarget4
-" "HackedTarget5
-" "HackedTarget6
-" "MadeApp
-" "MadeGame
-" "MadePlugin
-" "MadeVirus
4. Once all are selected press Add to Current Package, You'll See Your tables on the left side and the xml code you need to edit on the right side
5. the first table that shows up for me is HackedTarget4 so I'll use that as an example. All you have to do now is look through the code for <V t="money_loot"> (Line 11) and then down to line line 15 & 16 where it says <T n="lower_bound">320</T> and <T n="upper_bound">550</T> the 320 and 550 are the numbers you would multiply by 5. they are the lowest you'll get paid and the highest. Now scroll down till you find Money_loot again and change the lower and upper bound again, Each table should have roughly 10 of them cause there for different skill levels.
6. Do this to every table and you'll see why I didn't want to do it all over a second time haha
7. Save and put in mods folder

Both ways have there value, using the 1st Edit Mod is best in this situation because the mod is already up to date and we just need to change some values. And From Scratch is more valuable when a mod is out of date and you want to update it, all you have to do is open the old version of the mod using the My Project button, take note of the tables used. Then start the from scratch Tutorial here.

If someone completes the update please put it here to help everyone else out. I`m new to modding and would rather help ppl get started modding then sit around and do 240 multiplications...for a second time lol Hope it helps some ppl to start exploring some mods, this was basically my first mod and helped me learn how to explore the files a little bit. Good Luck!
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1ds
Hey everyone sorry I haven`t checked this page in a little while. Someone had sent me a pm asking for help also and I think ill just copy paste the little Tutorial I had sent them. Basically there`s two ways to do it. The first one will help you edit my update for 5 times mod, the second has only a step or two more and will help you update this mod anytime in the future from scratch.

Now I actually typed out how to do it from scratch first cause its just as easy and a lot more useful. But I'll post how to alter mine first just cause there's less text and hopefully shows how easy it is a little better.

Editing a Mod
1. Find the mod you want to edit (my 2x update) and make a copy, then rename to whatever you like (In this case you should name it [HF Creations] - Hacking & Programming Loot Increase [x5].package)
2. Open Sims 4 Studio and Click My Project in top right corner> Find Your New Copied File and open it. Your Tables are on the Left and Xmls that you edit on the right
3. Look for Money_Loot in the xml. under that there will be a lower bound and upper bound with >Number< in each. Because I already doubled the value if you multiply by 2.5 you will get your 5x value. Now Scroll down and keep finding Money_Loot and changing the values, there will be about ten of them for each table.
4. Once you've edited all your values Save and put into your mod folder.


From Scratch
1. In Sims 4 Studio at the top of the screen Click Tools>Create Empty Package>Name your file and save
2. Next Click Tools>Extract Tuning.
The Very First Time you do this it will take some time, Some ppl say even up to ten minutes, Depends on your computer. Every Major update to the sims 4 it will also take some time.
3. Another Window saying Export Tuning... should pop up. In the top search bar type loot_programming and from the list you want to select the following
-action/Loot_ProgrammingSkill_FreelanceDone
-" "HackedSupercomputer
-" "HackedTarget1
-" "HackedTarget2
-" "HackedTarget3
-" "HackedTarget4
-" "HackedTarget5
-" "HackedTarget6
-" "MadeApp
-" "MadeGame
-" "MadePlugin
-" "MadeVirus
4. Once all are selected press Add to Current Package, You'll See Your tables on the left side and the xml code you need to edit on the right side
5. the first table that shows up for me is HackedTarget4 so I'll use that as an example. All you have to do now is look through the code for <V t="money_loot"> (Line 11) and then down to line line 15 & 16 where it says <T n="lower_bound">320</T> and <T n="upper_bound">550</T> the 320 and 550 are the numbers you would multiply by 5. they are the lowest you'll get paid and the highest. Now scroll down till you find Money_loot again and change the lower and upper bound again, Each table should have roughly 10 of them cause there for different skill levels.
6. Do this to every table and you'll see why I didn't want to do it all over a second time haha
7. Save and put in mods folder

Both ways have there value, using the 1st Edit Mod is best in this situation because the mod is already up to date and we just need to change some values. And From Scratch is more valuable when a mod is out of date and you want to update it, all you have to do is open the old version of the mod using the My Project button, take note of the tables used. Then start the from scratch Tutorial here.

If someone completes the update please put it here to help everyone else out. I`m new to modding and would rather help ppl get started modding then sit around and do 240 multiplications...for a second time lol Hope it helps some ppl to start exploring some mods, this was basically my first mod and helped me learn how to explore the files a little bit. Good Luck!


Thank you!
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1ds
Hey everyone sorry I haven`t checked this page in a little while. Someone had sent me a pm asking for help also and I think ill just copy paste the little Tutorial I had sent them. Basically there`s two ways to do it. The first one will help you edit my update for 5 times mod, the second has only a step or two more and will help you update this mod anytime in the future from scratch.

Now I actually typed out how to do it from scratch first cause its just as easy and a lot more useful. But I'll post how to alter mine first just cause there's less text and hopefully shows how easy it is a little better.

Editing a Mod
1. Find the mod you want to edit (my 2x update) and make a copy, then rename to whatever you like (In this case you should name it [HF Creations] - Hacking & Programming Loot Increase [x5].package)
2. Open Sims 4 Studio and Click My Project in top right corner> Find Your New Copied File and open it. Your Tables are on the Left and Xmls that you edit on the right
3. Look for Money_Loot in the xml. under that there will be a lower bound and upper bound with >Number< in each. Because I already doubled the value if you multiply by 2.5 you will get your 5x value. Now Scroll down and keep finding Money_Loot and changing the values, there will be about ten of them for each table.
4. Once you've edited all your values Save and put into your mod folder.


From Scratch
1. In Sims 4 Studio at the top of the screen Click Tools>Create Empty Package>Name your file and save
2. Next Click Tools>Extract Tuning.
The Very First Time you do this it will take some time, Some ppl say even up to ten minutes, Depends on your computer. Every Major update to the sims 4 it will also take some time.
3. Another Window saying Export Tuning... should pop up. In the top search bar type loot_programming and from the list you want to select the following
-action/Loot_ProgrammingSkill_FreelanceDone
-" "HackedSupercomputer
-" "HackedTarget1
-" "HackedTarget2
-" "HackedTarget3
-" "HackedTarget4
-" "HackedTarget5
-" "HackedTarget6
-" "MadeApp
-" "MadeGame
-" "MadePlugin
-" "MadeVirus
4. Once all are selected press Add to Current Package, You'll See Your tables on the left side and the xml code you need to edit on the right side
5. the first table that shows up for me is HackedTarget4 so I'll use that as an example. All you have to do now is look through the code for <V t="money_loot"> (Line 11) and then down to line line 15 & 16 where it says <T n="lower_bound">320</T> and <T n="upper_bound">550</T> the 320 and 550 are the numbers you would multiply by 5. they are the lowest you'll get paid and the highest. Now scroll down till you find Money_loot again and change the lower and upper bound again, Each table should have roughly 10 of them cause there for different skill levels.
6. Do this to every table and you'll see why I didn't want to do it all over a second time haha
7. Save and put in mods folder

Both ways have there value, using the 1st Edit Mod is best in this situation because the mod is already up to date and we just need to change some values. And From Scratch is more valuable when a mod is out of date and you want to update it, all you have to do is open the old version of the mod using the My Project button, take note of the tables used. Then start the from scratch Tutorial here.

If someone completes the update please put it here to help everyone else out. I`m new to modding and would rather help ppl get started modding then sit around and do 240 multiplications...for a second time lol Hope it helps some ppl to start exploring some mods, this was basically my first mod and helped me learn how to explore the files a little bit. Good Luck!


Thank you so much! Many many loves ;-)
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 4:14 AM
Can someone post the 5x increase for those of us that can't mod or edit mods? Please and thanks
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 7:24 PM
Default Modified
First. Thank you for the awesome mod and tutorial. Make the time that my sim spends sitting on its third-point of contact worth it. I have uploaded the mod with the x5 changes. Additionally, I created a python script that will do all the calculations and update the xml files for you. Copy the below code and put it in a file called UpdateValues.py (you must have python installed to run this). Once that is done we want to edit the mod as described in the previous instructions provided. Instead of modifying the table value in Sim4Studio, choose export at the bottom and export to the folder where UpdateValues.py is located. Name the export file "Output.xml". Run UpdateValyes.py and it will multiply all loot values by the multiplier value provided in the code (5 for this version) and create a new file Output_modified.xml. I recommend that you do a file compare between the two files just to make sure the script didn't modify anything unintentionally. I recommend using notepad++ with the comparer plugin. Once you have validated the changes go back to Sim4Studio. With the table still selected click import at the bottom and navigate to the Output_modified.xml file. It will replace the contents of the current table with the modified values.

Please let me know if you have any questions and keep up with the awesome modding.

import xml.etree.ElementTree as ET
sourceFile = 'Output'
multiplier = 5
fp = open(sourceFile + ".xml","r")
element = ET.parse(fp)
elist = element.findall('L/V/U/V/U/T')
for i in elist:
var_value = int(i.text)
i.text = str(var_value * multiplier)

element.write(sourceFile + '_modified.xml')
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Hacking & Programming Loot Increase [x5].zip (10.5 KB, 243 downloads)
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
21st Jun 2019 at 3:12 PM
This message has been deleted by nocturna76.
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 1:01 AM
Thank you very much for the great contribution, I would like to ask if it is possible to make a mod for the time it takes for the Sims to program or hack. Thanks again and I will be aware of your answers. Regards.
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMASim
Thank you very much for the great contribution, I would like to ask if it is possible to make a mod for the time it takes for the Sims to program or hack. Thanks again and I will be aware of your answers. Regards.



I second this request!!! That would be totally awesome!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 10:57 PM
Everything has been updated to the 1.61.15 Update, I have had a lot of real life things going on that prevented me from updating my games or even playing them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseiam
I second this request!!! That would be totally awesome!

I actually have this for myself, I could make a version and upload it, 2x, 5x, I use a 5x so things are done pretty quickly but not everyone may want it that fast.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 30th Mar 2020 at 8:03 PM
Hey the 5x hacking and programming doesn't seem to be correct, at least for freelance. Can you please double check?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
See Hunaki La
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 3:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alundra
Hey the 5x hacking and programming doesn't seem to be correct, at least for freelance. Can you please double check?


Could you describe your situation a bit more? Are you just selecting "Side Job"? What job does your sim have? They're all contributing factors so it would be super helpful if I could pinpoint it, thanks for the report
Field Researcher
#42 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Alundra : 1st Apr 2020 at 4:17 PM. Reason: not a thanks post oops
Thanks for looking into this :D. I'm selecting side job. One sim is a chef, the other is a detective and in uni. Both are getting 2-5k for the work. Both have maxed programming skill. They used to get roughly 21k.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
See Hunaki La
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 5:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alundra
Thanks for looking into this :D. I'm selecting side job. One sim is a chef, the other is a detective and in uni. Both are getting 2-5k for the work. Both have maxed programming skill. They used to get roughly 21k.


I assume you were getting the 21k before the mod, or a previous version?
Field Researcher
#44 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 5:44 PM
In the last version before the update I did get 21-27k usually for side jobs :D.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
See Hunaki La
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alundra
In the last version before the update I did get 21-27k usually for side jobs :D.


That is extremely odd, the highest default was 2000, X5 is 10000, did you ever make any personal edits based on any of the previous posts in here?
Field Researcher
#46 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 4:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsGuard
That is extremely odd, the highest default was 2000, X5 is 10000, did you ever make any personal edits based on any of the previous posts in here?


Nope, but I did open the file after downloading to increase it and that's when I noticed the values were maxing at 2k so I thought I'd mention it. I've only just learned how to do that this month. I wanted to increase the make game funds.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
See Hunaki La
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 5:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alundra
Nope, but I did open the file after downloading to increase it and that's when I noticed the values were maxing at 2k so I thought I'd mention it. I've only just learned how to do that this month. I wanted to increase the make game funds.


Yeah the defaults themselves are pretty low, I just multiplied all of them by 2 and 5, they're still pretty low considering in a real world situation you'd certainly make more than 10k for a video game lol
Instructor
#48 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 3:42 AM
Hi! thanks for the update! Quick question...was the payout lowered significantly? it seems like when they took on a Freelance job the payout was like $30,000 now it's like $800?
Page 2 of 2