MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trait/Custom Life State Inheritance & Club Filters

by KlingonDragon Posted 16th May 2017 at 5:58 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2021 at 1:48 PM by KlingonDragon : Club Filters V.1.3.8
87 Comments / replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
This mod allows certain traits and life states to be inherited and/or used[/s] as a club filter. It also allows up to 20 sims to be added to a club.
Club filters updated for Discover University, Trait Inheritance no longer being updated.

Club Filters V.1.3.7:
Adds more traits as club filters and increases the maximum number of sims in a club to 20.

Traits for Club Filters:
Human (Not Occult)
Plant Sims
Sorcerer (Become a Sorcerer (Choose your Alignment and unlock Spells!) by CardTaken)
Succubus/Incubus/Cambion (Sims 4 Occult Life State: Succubus by batman101)
Hogwarts House Traits by brittpinkiesims
The Siren Trait: Reloaded (by Aaronj3)
Fairies (Fairies Mod by Nyx)
Mermaids
(Mermaids Mod by Nyx)
(Mermaid Lifestate by Gaybie)
Zombies (Zombies Mod by Nyx)
Electromaniac (by Nyx)
Werewolves (Werewolf Mod by Nyx)

You must buy the "Club Size" club perks to increase the number of sims that can be added.
No Perks: 6 Sims
Perk 1: 12 Sims
Perk 2: 20 Sims


Inheritance V.2.1.3:
This section is no longer being updated
The trait inheritance has got extremely complex with all the different combinations of both custom and EA parents.
I don't have the time I need to sit down and actually make this all work.

You are welcome to download and use this mod but I make no guarantees that it will work.

As of V.2.0.0, the custom trait inheritance is configured such that every combination of parents has their own list of outcomes (The .zip contains an excel spreadsheet with the possibilities), this should minimise problems with inheritance between 2 occult parents. I've not yet done all the combinations for the new Island Living Inheritance. I'll sit down and do that when I have more free time. I'll also be removing compatibility with mermaid mods as they're included in the new pack.

Traits for Inheritance:
Plant Sims
Ghosts (You must have my Ghost Needs Mod for this to work.)
Succubus/Incubus/Cambion (Sims 4 Occult Life State: Succubus by batman101)
Sorcerer (Become a Sorcerer (Choose your Alignment and unlock Spells!) by CardTaken)
Fairies (Fairies Mod by Nyx)
Mermaids (Mermaids Mod by Nyx)
Werewolves (Werewolf Mod by Nyx)

I will add more life states and traits if they're requested. (Please comment with a link)

Any other mod that allows inheritance or adds club filters will probably conflict


Deaderpool's MC Command Center
This mod is compatible with MCCC.
Some Trait Inheritance may be overridden by MC Occult's Custom Pregnancy Options. For full effect, set that setting to 'false'.
MC Clubs' Club Member Count Setting will override the More Members Club Perks; to use the Club Perk Upgrades, set that setting to the default "8".
MC Clubs' Monitor Club Members Setting will add extra sims to clubs to clubs with more Sim Slots.
MC Clubs also adds Male and Female as club filters and as such, they have been removed from this mod. (If requested I can make a version with Male and Female as club filters).


To Other Modders: Please separate the inheritance and club filter files from your main package(s) and pm me or comment so I can add them to this mod. A central set of mods should minimise conflicts. Also, for full compatibility, ensure your mod removes the trait 154191<!--Trait: trait_Occult_NoOccult--> when it adds your life state's trait.
If you don't want your mod to be supported just pm or comment and I'll remove support from this mod.
To players: If a mod supports inheritance for itself it will probably conflict. I can remove inheritance and upload a version compatible with this mod if requested (It will be uploaded to the comments of this mod. All credit to original modder).




Additional Credits:
The creators of any traits or custom life states I have added or will add.
Thanks to the creators of S4PE for allowing me to package my mod.
Thanks to scumbumbo for his XML Extractor, without this I couldn't have found the right file to modify and would have been stuck looking through all EA's .package files.

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.50.67
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
KlingonDragon_Club-Stuff.zip | V.1.3.8

Size: 7.3 KB · Downloads: 10,629 · 3rd Jan 2021
7.3 KB 10,629 3rd Jan 2021
KlingonDragon_Trait-Inheritance.zip | V.2.1.3 [Not Being Updated]

Size: 289.1 KB · Downloads: 15,239 · 19th Jun 2019
289.1 KB 15,239 19th Jun 2019
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety2911
probléme sais que j'en ai pleins, y'en a pour ajouter des activité de club, un autre pour avoir plus icônes de club. mais du coup ses dommage, car celui la m'étais utile. j'avais envie d'avoir l'icone de sirène pour mon groupe de sirène en plus du trait de caractère.

I'm sorry, I don't understand French, but from what I can gather you'd like me to add a mermaid icon and let sims join more than 3 clubs at once.
club icons: Easy, I can add as many as requested and will start by adding some mermaid icons tonight.
more clubs: Not so easy. I can't do this right now; but, as far as I'm aware, Neia is updating her mod so that should help with that. I've checked it out and it shouldn't conflict with mine (assuming any fix doesn't require editing the same files I do).
Test Subject
#77 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlingonDragon
I'm sorry, I don't understand French, but from what I can gather you'd like me to add a mermaid icon and let sims join more than 3 clubs at once.
club icons: Easy, I can add as many as requested and will start by adding some mermaid icons tonight.
more clubs: Not so easy. I can't do this right now; but, as far as I'm aware, Neia is updating her mod so that should help with that. I've checked it out and it shouldn't conflict with mine (assuming any fix doesn't require editing the same files I do).

and I do not understand English. Only add group icons, such as mermaid, fairy, werewolf and other, that I no longer need to use zerbu mod "Zerbu - More Club Icons" because it suddenly conflicts with your mod I think.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 4:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety2911
and I do not understand English. Only add group icons, such as mermaid, fairy, werewolf and other, that I no longer need to use zerbu mod "Zerbu - More Club Icons" because it suddenly conflicts with your mod I think.

Yes, that mod would definitely conflict.
Test Subject
#79 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 6:33 AM
If someone knows the settings for the MCCC, I need some input for a "Pregnancy" setting...

Setting: Pregnancy_OffspringTraitsType
Description: Determines what type of inheritance MC Pregnancy will use to determine the traits a baby inherits. The different types are 'Inherit No Traits', 'Inherit Maximum Number' which will always inherit the specified maximum number of traits unless there aren't that many valid traits available for the baby to inherit, and 'Inherit Random Number' which inherits between 1 and the maximum number of traits for each offspring just to give some variety. The default for this setting is 'Inherit No Traits' so offspring will not inherit any traits unless it is changed.
UI Menu Path: MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Inherit Trait Type
Default setting: N ( = Inherit no traits )

Question: What are the other settings for the cfg. file? (Inherit Maximum Number = ?, Inherit Random Number = ?) *Much appreciated if someone knows the other entries (other than "N").
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 3:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdaddy57P
If someone knows the settings for the MCCC, I need some input for a "Pregnancy" setting...

Setting: Pregnancy_OffspringTraitsType
Description: Determines what type of inheritance MC Pregnancy will use to determine the traits a baby inherits. The different types are 'Inherit No Traits', 'Inherit Maximum Number' which will always inherit the specified maximum number of traits unless there aren't that many valid traits available for the baby to inherit, and 'Inherit Random Number' which inherits between 1 and the maximum number of traits for each offspring just to give some variety. The default for this setting is 'Inherit No Traits' so offspring will not inherit any traits unless it is changed.
UI Menu Path: MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Inherit Trait Type
Default setting: N ( = Inherit no traits )

Question: What are the other settings for the cfg. file? (Inherit Maximum Number = ?, Inherit Random Number = ?) *Much appreciated if someone knows the other entries (other than "N").

First things first, this isn't the place to ask that question. Deaderpool has a discord server dedicated to mccc and the support team there can/will help with any problems you may have with mccc (you can join the server with this link https://discord.gg/z9qPtWU )
As for answering your question; the best way to edit settings in MCCC is to use the mccc settings menu in game. It can be opened by clicking a sim's computer or typing 'mc_settings' into the command line. Unless you know what you're doing editing the cfg could stop the mod working.
Test Subject
#81 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlingonDragon
First things first, this isn't the place to ask that question. Deaderpool has a discord server dedicated to mccc and the support team there can/will help with any problems you may have with mccc (you can join the server with this link https://discord.gg/z9qPtWU )
As for answering your question; the best way to edit settings in MCCC is to use the mccc settings menu in game. It can be opened by clicking a sim's computer or typing 'mc_settings' into the command line. Unless you know what you're doing editing the cfg could stop the mod working.


*K, thanks for letting me know. I'll try that
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 3:38 AM
So excited by this mod! It combines so many differ things I was looking for into a single mod! *Happy Dance*

Some of the original occult types rely on traits or mods that (seem) to be out of date... or at least the mod is not being updated here on MTS. I am a math-y girl, but know literally nothing about coding. Aside from the crazy amount of work chasing down multiple versions of other people's prefered occult types (which I would never ask you to do!), is there something that would allow your mod to apply to other versions of these occult traits? (for example TheLovelyGamer's Succubus trait vs. batman's)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 4:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaggles83
So excited by this mod! It combines so many differ things I was looking for into a single mod! *Happy Dance*

Some of the original occult types rely on traits or mods that (seem) to be out of date... or at least the mod is not being updated here on MTS. I am a math-y girl, but know literally nothing about coding. Aside from the crazy amount of work chasing down multiple versions of other people's prefered occult types (which I would never ask you to do!), is there something that would allow your mod to apply to other versions of these occult traits? (for example TheLovelyGamer's Succubus trait vs. batman's)


Unfortunately, due to the way the filters and inheritance work, no.

Basically, I just add these traits' ID numbers to a list of IDs in the clubs file or add the "Trait A + Trait B => Trait C" code to the inheritance file.

It could work for club filters if we could somehow get all modders to add a new shared trait to their mods e.g. if I created a Global Succubus trait that did nothing other than work as a club filter and get both TheLovelyGameryt and batman101 to add this new trait to sims when they add their succubus traits. But getting other modders to do that would be more complicated than me just going out and adding the traits to the list myself.


If you have a trait you'd like me to add (as either an inheritable trait or as a club filter) just comment with a link and I'll add it as soon as I have the chance.

As it is, I'm about to go through and clean up some code and also remove the custom mermaid inheritance in favour of EA's mermaids.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
5th Sep 2019 at 9:36 PM
This message has been deleted by LucyRuby.
Test Subject
#84 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 8:24 PM
Hi! I was about to download the mod to see if it still works with the 1.61 patch, but I noticed it says "Not Being Updated", may I know why? I loved having my tiny sorcerers :c
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#85 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:32 PM
Thanks for updating it for the game traits! I think many of the custom traits in the filters by Nyx, Triplis and all other creators have either broken or updated to get new IDs since the UI not understanding 64-bit trait IDs after the 1.68 Patch.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 3:56 PM
Hello KlingonDragon! I have made a club filter using the same tuning file as an addon for my 100+ custom traits. (not anything Inheritance related) I would like to include the other creators' cc traits as well. I asked Triplis for permission to include all their traits and since you already include the Sorcerer Trait I would like to also have your permission first to also add it in my list. ???? I will only include it if you are okay with it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#87 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 2:07 AM
Wowww this is cool. Thank you!
Page 4 of 4