MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed Ears as CAS Sliders

by CmarNYC Posted 16th Jun 2017 at 5:33 PM
43 Comments / replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Adds pointed ears to the standard CAS main ear sliders.

Compatible with Basegame. I've constructed this so it should have no conflicts with Get To Work and Vampires, although it doesn't combine well with the alien pointed ears and (I assume) the vampire ears. Should not conflict with Khitsule's Pointy Ears Unlocked mod. WILL conflict with any other mod overriding the macro mode ears HotSpotControl.

Instructions:
  • Put the package in your Mods folder as usual.
  • In CAS, select the ear for editing. Do not go into Micro mode.
  • From the SIDE view of the ear, you can pull a point up and/or back.
  • From the FRONT and BACK views of the ears, you can still use the ear size and ears out/in sliders, and the Micro mode is unchanged.

Tested on game versions 1.30 and 1.31. There's a patch version below which it won't work, but I don't know when the changes were made so I don't know which one, although I suspect it was the flexible-gender patch.

Additional Credits:
EA forums and SimGuruModSquad for information about how the CAS sliders work.
Tags: #Sims4, #pointed, #pointy, #ears, #slider, #CAS

Type: Other

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.30
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
cmar_PointedEarsAllAges.zip

Size: 3.2 KB · Downloads: 51,524 · 16th Jun 2017
3.2 KB 51,524 16th Jun 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGal
CmarNYC, I was so excited to see you had created Pointy Ears for Sims 4. I used the ones you had created for Sims3 until we got aliens in Seasons, and it turned out the ears applied to human Sims, too. I have since used NoteEgain's ears, then Khitsule's ears and now back to yours. I'm sorry to say none of them are compatible with the C & D EP. I just pulled yours out of my Mods folder as my game started acting a tad wonky. It wasn't as bad as with Khitsule's, as that really disrupted the game, but it did stall game play. I do hope you'll find the time to update them, as yours are more like a Vulcan's ears, and that's what I need. Please, and thank you, in advance.


Are you sure it's this mod affecting your game? It still works fine in my game, and none of the resources it uses have a new version for C&D so there's nothing to update. Please try removing all other mods and cc and try a new game with just this, to make sure it's not something else.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Are you sure it's this mod affecting your game? It still works fine in my game, and none of the resources it uses have a new version for C&D so there's nothing to update. Please try removing all other mods and cc and try a new game with just this, to make sure it's not something else.


It's working fine in my game, no issues with it so far, so I don't think it's this mod. Maybe OP has to update some other mods?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 6:02 AM
very nice its work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:46 AM
this is excellent, thank you so much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:29 AM
Works great, thank you!
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:17 PM
Default This is it, I SWEAR!
I have one LAST request, I SWEAR! Is there a way for you make the tip of these ears point outward and inward when you drag them out? PLEASE??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:27 AM
Great mod for my elf sims, thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 4:45 PM Last edited by Tetsuki : 30th Nov 2018 at 4:48 PM. Reason: addendum
Thank you! Elves would be nice in the sims. These elven ears are perfect.

*EDIT* Though now that i think about it, those make great Vulcan ears as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 1:19 PM
well done!
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 6:51 PM
Hi! Do these work with island living? I read that someone elses ear mod doesn't work, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiasharon
Hi! Do these work with island living? I read that someone elses ear mod doesn't work, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!


Seems to work fine, at least in CAS.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 1:31 AM
Seems to be broken after the university patch. The ears don't show up properly in live mode.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 2:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly666monkey
Seems to be broken after the university patch. The ears don't show up properly in live mode.


This and other custom sliders look fine in my game. I'll need more information to try to figure out what's going on:

A screenshot of the distortion
Your operating system
Your video card
Does it happen with all sims or only some? If not all sims, which ones are affected?
Does it only happen with sims already created? With newly created or modified sims?
Does it happen with all sliders and presets or only some? If not all, which ones?
Does it happen in CAS? In game close to the sim? In game zoomed out?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 9:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
This and other custom sliders look fine in my game. I'll need more information to try to figure out what's going on:

A screenshot of the distortion
Your operating system
Your video card
Does it happen with all sims or only some? If not all sims, which ones are affected?
Does it only happen with sims already created? With newly created or modified sims?
Does it happen with all sliders and presets or only some? If not all, which ones?
Does it happen in CAS? In game close to the sim? In game zoomed out?


Currently using Windows 10 with an AMD 580 card.

After a bit more investigation, I was able to narrow down the issue. There's an additional slider your mod adds under Detail Edit mode that only works on Occults, and I'd been using that slider for many of my sims. It's that slider that's not showing up in live mode, on both new and old sims.

https://imgur.com/a/STeKBhb

Here's some picture showing off the issue. Fernbrook is using the Detail Edit Mode slider, Moonriver the standard one. Fernbrook's ears show up everywhere but live mode. (In fact, if I go back into CAS with her, the ears come back.)
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly666monkey
Currently using Windows 10 with an AMD 580 card.

After a bit more investigation, I was able to narrow down the issue. There's an additional slider your mod adds under Detail Edit mode that only works on Occults, and I'd been using that slider for many of my sims. It's that slider that's not showing up in live mode, on both new and old sims.

https://imgur.com/a/STeKBhb

Here's some picture showing off the issue. Fernbrook is using the Detail Edit Mode slider, Moonriver the standard one. Fernbrook's ears show up everywhere but live mode. (In fact, if I go back into CAS with her, the ears come back.)


This mod does not add the detail mode ear slider, that's an EA slider for aliens and vampires. If you don't have the occult EPs you're probably using Khitsule's Pointy Ears Unlocked mod and it's not working properly.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
This mod does not add the detail mode ear slider, that's an EA slider for aliens and vampires. If you don't have the occult EPs you're probably using Khitsule's Pointy Ears Unlocked mod and it's not working properly.


Hmm, seems you're right, looks like it might be spellcasters being buggy again, not your mod. (I have all the packs installed.) I'll mess around with it some more, might even try Khitsule's mod and see if that solves the issue.

EDIT: Installing Khitsule's mod seems to have fixed the issue. Definitely EA breaking spellcasters again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 9:25 AM
One of the few mods I cannot play without, as I adore playing elves in-game. Thank you so much for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 7:07 PM
Thank you for this! I can confirm that this still works with the new June 03, 2020 Eco Living Patch alongside with the Small June 04, 2020 Update. Hope to see more of your work soon. Stay safe and keep being awesome!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 8:49 AM
The Perfect Pair of Elf Ears
Omg, thank you so much! :o I love you~!!! Personally, the other elf ears out there in the Internet never intrigued me. They weren't my cup of tea. But this one--this suits my needs perfectly, and it's as a CAS slider! Thank you again. Time to create The LotR elves and Solas (from Dragon Age: Inquisition) sims. :3

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Page 2 of 2