The overdue Maxis matching fences-and-stairs recolour set
Anyway, I'm alive and here's proof:
3 recolours of the "Holy Smoke Stairs" (80Â§) - you need these for them to work.
They match the 3 colours of the "InvisiBarrier Fencing" that come with the base game.
3 recolours of the "Tornado Solid Steel Fence" (59Â§)
One of them matches the Holy Smoke stairs.
One matches the Zecutine stairs.
One doesn't match any stairs - but a gate. The "Pigue Pen Gate" had this useless black recolour with no fence to it.
I added a 4th one to go with the "Stairway to Eleven" - for my stairs recolours or just for variety.
2 recolours of the "InvisiBarrier Fencing" (40Â§)
One is for the normal Zecutine Stairs. God how I hate not having matching fences.
And: I lied. The fence by Spaik I had linked doesn't really match the Stairway To Eleven or my "Stairway To Eleven"-style recolours. I added one that does, though.
I added a 3rd one to go with this. HL's description says it doesn't recolour the glass rail, but it does recolour the actual rail (minus glass). So this fence will match HL's rail with my clear glass in it.
3 recolours of "Zecutine's Step Away With Me Stairs" (100Â§) - you need these for them to work.
Eh, it's actually 2... but they will match all 3 InvisiBarrier Fencings anyway, because the default glass colour just happens to exactly match that blue fence.
2 more recolours that match the "Stairway To Eleven" stairacase
I like the Stairway To Eleven fence way more than the staircase, so here's a Zecutine and a Holy Smoke recolour to go with it.
I assure you that these are OCD-proof. They all have the texture, level of shininess, smell and what have you to go with the thing they were made for. If you don't know why you need three versions of one fence that are all black... delete two. But if you're anything like me, throw them all in and be happy.
EAxis, SimPE, Gimp...
HugeLunatic & Numenor for recolourable stairs
AddOn: Maxis Add-Ons (like an armchair that matches a Maxis couch)
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.+ 1 SPs
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
2 added fences only.rar
Size: 45.1 KB · Downloads: 1,595 · 6th Jul 2018
Zecutine recolours & matching fences.rar
Size: 211.9 KB · Downloads: 1,634 · 6th Jul 2018
Holy Smoke recolours & matching fences.rar
Size: 121.5 KB · Downloads: 1,649 · 6th Jul 2018
fences & stairs set - ALL.rar
Size: 363.9 KB · Downloads: 3,426 · 6th Jul 2018
Tornado Fence - black.rar
Size: 8.8 KB · Downloads: 2,159 · 30th Jan 2018
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)