As part of the RL Series: Houses I've Lived In
This is my Granny's House - a retirement/down-sized dwelling in Spring Hill, Florida. (aka: Sprung Hill
- no offense to those who live there now... but I lived there way back when it had dirt roads and not much else!) The development started in '69, under the Mackle Brothers/Deltona "brand"; this house was built in 1971. It is less than 1000 square feet, has a carport - with a separate laundry room, and a small storage room. It is two bedrooms and one bath - though the second bedroom is hardly bigger than the bed! The yard is small. The neighborhood is packed. And every house looks the same.
And yes, the kitchen was pink and turquoise. When I lived here the "theme" of the kitchen (on towels, pot holders, magnets, wall calendar, etc) was pink flamingos - I even had a pink metal spice rack with hand-painted flamingo jars. Yes I did! This was the first real house hubs and I lived in (Thank you, Granny!) and I figured the only way to live with pink cabinets was to go all-out kitsch. So I happily kitsched the kitch, if you will
In RL there are pink upper cabinets lining the kitchen nook pictured below, and over the eating-bar counter - as I was trying to cut down on CC, I didn't include them here.
Please scroll through all the pictures to see everything this house has to offer. This upload is a copy of the lot - no sim has set foot on this lot. There is a smoke alarm, burglar alarm, phone, and everything else your sim will need for easy retirement living - it is move-in ready. Enjoy!
, and NOT included
- GO get them:
Extendable Touch of Teak French Arch
by tbudgett @ MTS
By Numenor @ MTS
Backless Value Tub
by HL @ MTS
by HL @ Sims2Artists
Veil of Dreams
1T Long by Mutske @ TSR
Veil of Dreams
1T Short by Mutske @ TSR
Veil of Dreams
1T Short by DGandy @ TSR
: If walls are missing when you first visit the lot, exit without
saving and add Numenor's Unlevel Wall - #90
to your DL folder before loading this house again. Sometimes I use this wall instead of the CFE cheat when building houses.
: If wall/floor coverings are missing, then they are probably from the Lifestyle Build Bundle
- extracted from Lifestyle Stories by Argon @ MATY. I use these all the time; but they don't package with a lot, so frequently I forget to include them
Standard mods I use that are not
necessary nor included - but were probably used whilst building/photo-ing/prepping this house for upload...
I use Moi's Roof Shader
for brighter roofs
Maranatah's White Wall Top
Moo's Turn On/Off Lights
Menaceman's Lunatech Lighting Fix
I also use FRAPs
to take in-game pictures, and PhotoShop
to clean/collage said pictures.
Lot Price (furnished):
Custom Content Included:
- Sectional Cement Fence Marble by immlegacy @ livejournal
- WalkThroughBlock by Silent Lucidity @ MTS2
- WalkThroughBlockinvi by Silent Lucidity @ MTS2
- counter-dummy_island by HoneyWell @ MTS2
- CounterValueIslandMESH by MsB @ MTS2
Thank you EAxis for this wonderful game
And, MTS2 for this terrific website!