[UPDATE] Sims 2 GMDC Import/Export for Blender 2.79
Over the past few weeks I've been working on a fully featured GMDC Importer Exporter for Blender 2.79, It has now reached the point where it has reached a stable point from a user perspective.
This means that it should be fully functional and no major changes should be happening, though if you find something broken feel free to tell me in the comments.
Update version 0.2.1B [26/05/2018]
- Objects (Including Shadow Meshes)
- Sim Meshes
- Bounding Meshes (Static and Animated)
- Changing vertex order (Adding/Removing vertices)
- Face meshes are not supported
- Only one UV layer is supported
In Blender go to "File > User Preferences > Install Add-on from File"
Navigate to and select the add-on you've downloaded, then still inside the add-ons section, look for "Sims 2 GMDC Tools" and activate it by clicking the checkbox.
The imported scene consists of an empty container object, one or more mesh objects and on rigged meshes an armature object.
How to Use
Import a GMDC file, either through the newly added UI panel or the Import/Export menu.
Make any edits you want to make, taking note of the information below.
Editing of morphs is done through shape keys, you can either manually add them through the shape keys panel or by clicking 'Add Morph' inside the add-on's panel.
I recommend adding morphs through the add-on's panel as this will ensure proper naming.
As an added note to working with morphs, make sure all shape keys have the same order on every group.
For example, if one mesh has this order:  base  botmorphs, pregbot  botmorphs, fatbot, make sure every other mesh follows this order. I may implement a feature to automate this in the future.
Before exporting a rigged mesh, make sure to limit and normalize all bone weights.
First, make sure to limit the amount of bone weights to 4.
This can be done by selecting an object, pressing spacebar, typing 'limit' and selecting 'Limit number of Weights per Vertex' and setting the limit to 4.
After that you'll want to normalize all weights.
This can be done by selecting an object, pressing spacebar, typing 'normalize' and selecting 'Normalize All Vertex Groups'.
If you're working with a bodyshop mesh, you can apply a neck fix to all required objects. This will prevent sharp lines in a sim's neck.
Hard edges can be defined with marking them as sharp, the exporter will then make sure to split the edges when required.
To export your finished mesh, select either the container object or anything inside it from the hierarchy.
With the aforementioned selected, click export from the menu or the add-on's panel and save.
Then simply continue as if you were using Milkshape.
I hope someone finds it useful.
Operating System: |
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Linux: Various flavours of Linux, may need Mono or Wine
Mac OS X: OS X, may need Mono
CC Editors: Tools for modifying .package files, sims*pack files, and resources contained within those files.
Meshing Tools: Tools and utilities helpful to meshers.
Blender: Plugins for Blender
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 47.8 KB · Downloads: 1,907 · 25th May 2018
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3