UPDATED - Harry Potter style text replacement for spells
Updated: 18th Apr 2019 at 4:30 PM
All strings are part of the 0xFFFFFFFF group, and their instance numbers are:
- Summon Cat(EP4) - Cast Expecto Patronum (formerly Cast Apello Cattus Amicus) - 0x000014F6
- Freeze Time - Use Time-Turner (formerly Cast Tempus Interruptus) - 0x000014F5
- Cast a Good Spell (bad) - 0x000014F1
- Cast a Bad Spell (good) - 0x000014F2
- Cast a Bad Spell (bad) - 0x000014F3
The Cast Good Spell (good) doesn't mention any spell by name.
23.06.'18 Updated to include missing leaf pile menu, fix a typo (thanks @Modder), and bring out the Time-Turner from spell list. Please redownload for the changes to take effect; it's got the same name and will replace the old incomplete one.
For all HP fans, here's a text replacement pack that changes the names of the spells we already have. That means they will not change the way spells are learnt, cast or handled by the game, only the words we see in menus and the spell book.
As far as i know, besides Apartment Life for the magic, one would need Seasons for the leaf pile spell, and Pets for the Spectral Cat. Since i haven't been able to get the AGS to work, i do not know if in the absence of Pets or Seasons the package crashes, or quite simply the spells aren't called on anywhere and so the texts ignored.
Possible conflicts: it does not conflict with mods that target alignment (such as this one ), but if you have .package-s editing the actual spells, containing their catalog description (CTSS) or menu name (TTAs/STR#), i cannot tell which would be loaded first and therefore would show in-game.
It started out as one spell, which became 5, then 10, then oh my! nearly all of them, which begged the effort to transform the last few into something that, i admit, is only likely, not straight out of the books/movies. So here they are, as viewed in the grimoires (yes, i went there; i made Bella, Cissy and Meda Black to test) :
Since in HP the incantation is just a couple of words, i've edited out the rhymes (was anyone ever partial to those?) to add a description, sometimes a warning.
- ground tile/object spells:
- Apparate (Magivestigium) - the spell that started this avalanche. You know, "He's been Apparating downstairs every morning since, just to prove that he can."
- Incendio! (Inflammo)
- Evanesco (Aqua Deletus)
- Follium Incendio (Follium Deletus)
- Accio Insectum (Creatum Insecto Volucris)
- Sim_name Inferius (Vivificus Zombiae Sim_name)
- self-menu spells:
- Engorgio/Reducio (Corpus Fleshicus/Athleticus)
- Lumos/Nox (Beautificus/Corruptus Locus)
- Geminio Nutrimens (Creatum Nutrimens) - we all know why
- Tergeo (Cleanius Corpus)
- Small/Large Cheering Charm (Benemoodus Simae/Populus) - we know the charm exists, just not the actual incantation
- Use Time-Turner...Freeze/Thaw Moment (Tempus Interruptus/Resumo) - despite the initial misgivings, it makes things a bit more magical if not everything is a literal spell
- Expecto Patronum/Servantus (Apello Cattus Amicus/Servantus) - i know a few people who would agree that all patroni are cats
- Accio Simae (Apello Simae)
- other Sim menu:
- Tarantallegra (Spiritus Poultria) - i wondered if Imperio might be more appropriate, but the general air of mischief fits better with a jinx than curse
- Obliviate (Tabula Rasa)
- Diffindo Simae (Extractum Amorus) - i know it's a spell to literally tear an object, but it felt symbolic enough to apply
- Oppugno!/Servantus Oppugno (Mellifera/Servantus Attackum)
- Crucio (Heavus Ho) - it felt painful enough, dunno
- Vulnera Sanentur (Remedis Simae) - even if it's for cuts, you can easily imagine that any pain or illness causes tissue damage, right?
- Expelliarmus!! (Expello Simae) - it obviously doesn't disarm anyone, but those two "!" signs suggest the force of a spell good enough to push a Sim off your lawn
- Mortis Evanesco (Expello Mortis)
- Finite Incantatem (Purgomagus)
- and the ones that are a stretch, but in the end they work well in the set:
- Anger Charm (Compello Discrepo)
- Confundo (Compello Acceptus)
- Friendship Charm (Mactoamicus)
- Magus Mutatio (unchanged, except for description. It really isn't in accordance with the Potterverse, still in doubt here)
Known issue: SOLVED!! Read the update notice at the top of the page.
If other issues arise, please post them in Comments so that i may investigate.
Have a magical summer ^.^
Many thanks to Lamare, who helped narrow down and fix problems.
Grateful to JKR for this wonderful universe.
And to whichever great-grandparent passed down their persistence to me.
Title: Friendship Charm
Description: Make friends easily with this nifty spell.
Title: Cast Expecto Patronum
Description: One of the great things about witchcraft is that you can summon your own pet! If your Sim is feeling lonely or simply wants a cool companion, click on your Sim and select "Cast Spell... Expecto Patronum".
| text replacement for wants to complete the set
Size: 822 Bytes · Downloads: 484 · 18th Apr 2019
|822 Bytes||484||18th Apr 2019|
Size: 8.7 KB · Downloads: 1,031 · 23rd Jun 2018
|8.7 KB||1,031||23rd Jun 2018|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.