Halved Apartment Rent
There is no need to move apartment-dwelling sims out of their apartments and back in again, the change to their rent should take effect immediately. If you have existing apartments in your hood, or you place pre-built apartments, the rents displayed at hood-level will not update to the halved values until you go into the base lot in build mode and make a change. After that, they should be recalculated, however, even if the apartment rent is displaying incorrectly in the hood the sims living there will still pay the halved prices.
This hack requires Apartment Life.
This hack changes the BHAV that calculates apartment rent, which is 0x20A8 in group 0x7FD0DEBA. It conflicts with Inge's (Simlogical) Lot Rights system, specifically the apartment overrides, which can change the apartment rent if you set the rent on an owned apartment lot using that mod. If you play with that hack, download halvedaptrent+lotrights instead, and make sure it loads after the Lot Rights apartment overrides file. The rent can still be set in the Lot Rights mod, only the default rent will be affected. I don't know of any other mods that conflict with this.
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Compatible with Inges Lot Rights for apartments
Size: 542 Bytes · Downloads: 2,122 · 21st Aug 2018
Size: 515 Bytes · Downloads: 7,379 · 21st Aug 2018
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
kestrellyn also recommends you check the following:
To avoid making apartments too cheap, you probably want to also play with the halved career wages I mentioned, which can be found here: http://modthesims.info/d/304457.