MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fortuneteller Baba's High School for Witches

by TheRealAnimeSpot Posted 13th Feb 2019 at 5:14 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2019 at 12:35 AM by TheRealAnimeSpot
40 Comments / replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
This download is a custom career. This means that you will need the NRaas Careers mod installed in order to use the download in your game.
School Offer:
Disappointed with the fact that your high school doesn't have an alchemy club or a broom riding team? The reality is, most high schools are geared towards normal, non-witch, Sims. Fortuneteller Baba's High School for Witches is geared toward, you guessed it, witches. Alchemy, broom riding, spellcasting, if its witch-like, we offer it at our school because Witch teens deserve a real education. Enroll today.

Things You Need:
This was created with version 1.67 so yours would need to match it or be higher.
nraas Careers Mod & Careers School Module
Supernatural
Generations - For After School Activity

Future Updates:
Opportunities - Done (3-22-19)

Rabbithole:
School

Work Tones:
Work Hard
Slack Off
Meet New Friends
Hang With Friends
Help Out in School Garden (Increases Gardening)
Join Mock Collection Expeditions (Increases Collecting)
Read Elixir Recipe Book (Increases Alchemy)
Ride Broom Around Field (Increases Broom Riding)
Participate in Spellcasting Battles (Increases Spellcasting)
Fish in School Pond (Increases Fishing)

Work Tone Descriptions:
Help Out in School Garden:
The school garden has a plethora of plants from which you can gain knowledge from. All you have to do is spend some time there.

Join Mock Collection Expeditions:
Mock collection expeditions are organized so that students will get familiar with the types of environments collectibles are most likely to be in.

Read Elixir Recipe Book:
If you want to improve your alchemy skill, reading through an elixir recipe book is way more effective than randomly throwing ingredients together.

Ride Broom Around Field:
Being able to use a broom as a way of transportation doesn't always translate onto the field. Have you ever ridden a broom upside down in opposite yet all directions at once? You can learn by doing practice rides around the field.

Participate in Spellcasting Battles:
Spellcasting battles can turn ugly very quickly. Even though there are qualified staff members present, you and your parents need to sign a form stating that the school isn't responsible for any injuries you may incur.

Fish in School Pond:
The school regularly keeps the school pond stocked with various fish so that students can have an easy way to practice their fishing skill.

Level 1 - Witch in Training
Wages: None

School Days: M - F

Description:
As a young Witch in Training, your job is to learn the ins and outs of spellcasting, alchemy, and various other skills that are necessary for your witching success.

Metrics:
-Homework
-Alchemy
-Broom Riding
-Spellcasting (Shows up in game now.)

Opportunties

Gardening For Extra Credit:
Some elixirs require hard to acquire ingredients so being able to grow them is very important for future alchemists! Improve your gardening skill for extra credit.

Alchemy For Extra Credit:
While not all witches go on to become career alchemists, elixirs can provide a variety of benefits. Improve your alchemy skill for extra credit.

Broom Riding For Extra Credit:
Last week, two students go into an accident in the parking lot. The entire school had to sit through a boring seminar on safe broom riding. Teachers are offering extra credit to those who put the information to good use.

Spellcasting For Extra Credit:
Spellcasting is one of the more difficult and dangerous arts witches undertake and its very important that young witches have a good grip on it. Improve your spellcasting skill for extra credit.

Fishing For Extra Credit:
Buying fish ingredients for elixirs may be easy but catching them yourself is cheaper. Improve your fishing skill for extra credit.

After School Activity
  • Name: Witch Training
  • Days: M,Th
  • Ages: Teen
  • Skills:
    • Gardening
    • Collecting
    • Alchemy
    • Broom Riding
    • Spellcasting
    • Fishing
  • Genders: Male & Female


How to Enroll in School & Other Things:
To enroll you'll need to use a computer and choose the Enroll in School interaction. From there you can choose Fortuneteller Baba's High School for Witches. Once enrolled, this will replace your teen's default high school and they'll be going there instead. If you decide to re-enroll in the default high school just use the Enroll in School interaction on the computer again. Grades and school performance may or may not transfer.

You can only have one of the files installed or you'll get an error.

As far as I can tell, this school isn't exclusive to just Witches. Other life states can join as well but it'll probably be more difficult for them to earn good grades.

Error Notification
If anyone gets a message like "You should not be able to see this notification. If you see it, contact the mod creator.". I put that in there intentionally to make it easier to catch mistakes that I may have overlooked in the mod. Its more than likely an issue with an opportunity. If you see it please give me the name of the mod you're using and the opportunity so that I can make a note and fix it.


Additional Credits:
NekoCat - For inspiring me with her own school mod.
Pirate Career & School

MissyHissy
Creating Sims 3 Rabbithole Careers: The Beginners Guide

Simlogical
s3pe

The person or group of people who created the nraas Careers mod

School Icon
https://pixabay.com/en/witch-evil-s...loween-1751025/
Tags: #Career, #Witch, #School

Age: Teen
Career Type: Supernaturals
Chance cards: None

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Supernatural

This is a multi-part download:


Only have one of the school files installed at a time or an error will occur. You can have the after school activity file installed with a school file.
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
TRAS_WitchTraining.7z | After school activity that teaches the same skills included in the school.

Size: 4.0 KB · Downloads: 802 · 17th Jul 2019
4.0 KB 802 17th Jul 2019
WitchSchoolVersion2MoreDifficult.7z | Rabbit-Hole @ Vault of Antiquity w/ Higher Skill Requirements w/ Opportunities

Size: 13.2 KB · Downloads: 721 · 18th May 2019
13.2 KB 721 18th May 2019
WitchSchoolVersion2.7z | Rabbit-Hole @ Vault of Antiquity w/ Opportunities

Size: 13.3 KB · Downloads: 890 · 16th May 2019
13.3 KB 890 16th May 2019
WitchSchoolMoreDifficult.7z | Higher Skill Requirements w/ Opportunities

Size: 13.2 KB · Downloads: 526 · 15th May 2019
13.2 KB 526 15th May 2019
WitchSchool.7z | High School for Witches w/ Opportunities

Size: 13.2 KB · Downloads: 2,137 · 15th May 2019
13.2 KB 2,137 15th May 2019
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Quick Guide:

1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.

For Package files:

1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).

For Sims3Pack files:

1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).


Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.


Need more help?

If you need more info, see:
 
40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:55 PM
@TheRealAnimeSpot

Sure. It's called WitchSchool.package. It is your first flavor, that with normal skill requirements, with opportunities, with the lessons held in the school RH. I don't exactly remember, but I recall recently having the "Spellcasting for extra credit" opportunity objective completed when my sim went to school. I don't exactly remember if his school performance increased because of the opportunity though, but I know that my sim came home with a B that day (he previously had a C).
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAnimeSpot
If its a rabbit-hole that doesn't have any other schools attached to it, then it shouldn't. I'm not 100% sure though.


Thanks, that's great, now I can have separate schools for the mundane and magical
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 6:54 PM
@TheRealAnimeSpot Thank you so much for this mod. It fits right in with my Supernatural challenge! I have a little problem, the worktones and opportunities are not showing up. Only the EA tones are visible, your worktones and opportunities are not showing. I can click on them but I don't know what the teens are working on .
I 'm playing the Dutch sims games, I don't know if that is the problem. Love your Mods and it's not a big problem but I wonder if there are others with the same problem.

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 2:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna2710
@TheRealAnimeSpot Thank you so much for this mod. It fits right in with my Supernatural challenge! I have a little problem, the worktones and opportunities are not showing up. Only the EA tones are visible, your worktones and opportunities are not showing. I can click on them but I don't know what the teens are working on .
I 'm playing the Dutch sims games, I don't know if that is the problem. Love your Mods and it's not a big problem but I wonder if there are others with the same problem.


Thanks for checking out my mod! It probably isn't working because the mod doesn't include Dutch language strings. I can add one but it'll be in English. If you want it to be in Dutch, I can upload the English strings file, you can look at it and send me the translation and then I'll add it.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
24th Apr 2019 at 3:34 AM
This message has been deleted by mrdione.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 3:38 AM
Can you choose which building the school is in or do the witch kids automatically go to the town RH? I only ask because I have this huge magic school lot downloaded ( http://modthesims.info/d/610595 ) and I would love to be able to send my witches there. And by the way it's so exciting to see you still active! Most modders have seemed to have forgotten the Sims 3 Oh and I deleted my last comment because my computer glitched and duplicated it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAnimeSpot
Thanks for checking out my mod! It probably isn't working because the mod doesn't include Dutch language strings. I can add one but it'll be in English. If you want it to be in Dutch, I can upload the English strings file, you can look at it and send me the translation and then I'll add it.


Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to say but I never translated a Mod . I don't mind the English string if it won't cause problems in my game. How do I put the sting in my game? (sorry I really don't know anything about Modding). Thanks again for your patience!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdione
Can you choose which building the school is in or do the witch kids automatically go to the town RH? I only ask because I have this huge magic school lot downloaded ( http://modthesims.info/d/610595 ) and I would love to be able to send my witches there. And by the way it's so exciting to see you still active! Most modders have seemed to have forgotten the Sims 3 Oh and I deleted my last comment because my computer glitched and duplicated it.


I believe there's a mod where you can place a rug on a lot and then use it as a rabbit-hole but I'm not sure what its called.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna2710
Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to say but I never translated a Mod . I don't mind the English string if it won't cause problems in my game. How do I put the sting in my game? (sorry I really don't know anything about Modding). Thanks again for your patience!


Its actually easier than you think, but if you don't mind the English than I'll just add it in. Once its up, all you have to do is download the updated mod and install it again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 11:22 PM
I think I found a way to get your school in that building i linked to you. Your mod assigns the school to the vault of antiquity so I placed the vault in the basement of the magic school i mentioned earlier. so far it's working. i'm basically trying to creatively get my teenage witches to have the option to go to that lot and stay overnight at the school without being arrested for breaking curfew or without the lot closing down and kicking everyone out. The idea is to have a functional boarding school in world for my witch teens.

Anyway concerning your actual mod itself, i want to let you know that it's working quite well for me. I would love to see you try and make a university version of this mod where young adults could go to university in the neighborhood and take witch themed classes. but that may be wishful thinking for now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 2:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdione
I think I found a way to get your school in that building i linked to you. Your mod assigns the school to the vault of antiquity so I placed the vault in the basement of the magic school i mentioned earlier. so far it's working. i'm basically trying to creatively get my teenage witches to have the option to go to that lot and stay overnight at the school without being arrested for breaking curfew or without the lot closing down and kicking everyone out. The idea is to have a functional boarding school in world for my witch teens.

Anyway concerning your actual mod itself, i want to let you know that it's working quite well for me. I would love to see you try and make a university version of this mod where young adults could go to university in the neighborhood and take witch themed classes. but that may be wishful thinking for now.


Wow... that's a very creative way of solving the problem. I think that the nraas storyprogression mod gives you the ability to toggle curfew on and off. A university version would be awesome but I definitely don't have the skills for that yet. I managed to get a custom degree to show up in game but you can't earn it like the default degrees and it doesn't provide the career boost. I plan on creating a mod where you can earn degrees online without going to the university world. Once I finish my C# course and complete some of the tutorials on here, I should be in the green for that.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 4:35 AM
Just stopping by to say thanks for this mod again! It's really adding so much more to my gameplay
Test Subject
#37 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 2:49 PM
This looks really awesome! Thank you for creating it. I've been playing Sims 3 forever and have only just started using/learning about mods. Will be downloading this soon😁
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 1:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAnimeSpot
If anyone gets a message like "You should not be able to see this notification. If you see it, contact the mod creator.". I put that in there intentionally to make it easier to catch mistakes that I may have overlooked in the mod. Its more than likely an issue with an opportunity. If you see it please give me the name of the mod you're using and the opportunity so that I can make a note and fix it. Thanks!


I got this message when my sim completed the Spellcasting for Extra Credit opportunity. Just thought I'd let you know!

Kulo Seeri - Home of the Nuidya Tribe
"Not SimNation and Proud"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 2:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuidyaforever
I got this message when my sim completed the Spellcasting for Extra Credit opportunity. Just thought I'd let you know!


Thank you very much! I'll look into it when I get a chance.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 5:27 AM
Anyone has a cool lot for witch schools in mind?
Page 2 of 2