Harp Floating Stairs Set
- Harp Floating Half Landing Stairs Left - $800, found under Stairs/Spiral Stairs; 4 presets, 2 recolorable channels
- Harp Floating Half Landing Stairs Right - $800, found under Stairs/Spiral Stairs; 4 presets, 2 recolorable channels
- Harp Stairs Partition 1 Tile - $175, found under Build Mode/Columns; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Stairs Partition 3 Tiles - $200, found under Build Mode/Columns; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Floating Stairs Up - $10, found under Stairs/Regular Stairs; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Floating Stairs Down - $10, found under Stairs/Regular Stairs; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Floating Stairs Partition Deco - $200, found under Decor/Sculptures; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
Important: The u-shaped, half-landing stairs are based on Gosik & Inge Jones' Cottage Stairs and function the same way. They use the spiral stairs' animation so they're not perfect, and they don't really have a matching cutout so you have to delete the necessary 2nd storey tiles yourself. While they're technically stackable, the same rules for regular spiral stairs apply here as well - they need to be facing the right way according to lot/world coordinates, otherwise prepare for routing tantrums galore.
I decided to add an option with regular stairs, too - you need both the Up & Down version for it to work. The "Up" goes from the lower to the middle floor, "Down" goes from the top to the middle. The floor height needs to be standard 16 steps for everything to line up. Build up your floors, place the stairs accordingly and then add the deco partition on the lowest floor. The partition has no footprint/doesn't interfere with routing.
The two column partitions also have no footprints in order not to be in the way of the stairs - sims will walk right through them if they're not blocked otherwise. I've also enabled them to be placed anywhere, including on upper floor levels' grid without the need for floor tiles underneath. They stack on seamlessly and leave no gap b/w different floors like eaxis columns do.
A big thank you to Gosik & Inge Jones for their work, otherwise these would've never seen the light of day!
Also huge thanks to everyone in the Creator's Cave Discord who gave ideas, helped battle numerous issues or was just there to listen to me whine about how much stairs suck. You guys are the best!
Half Landing Stairs Left & Right:
high/med: 802f / 498f
Regular Stairs Up & Down :
high/med: 50f / n/a
Partition 3 Tiles:
high/med: 184f / 180f
Partition 1 Tile:
high/med: 64f / 60f
high/med: 1440f / 664f
Blender, Milkshape, TSRW, Photoshop, Gosik & Inge Jones for the original U-shaped stairs
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 1.45 MB · Downloads: 8,171 · 26th Jan 2021
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)