16 Comments / replies (Who?
- 3 Feedback Posts,
13 Thanks Posts
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
My first stairs ever - which turned out to be a major pain in the ass - are finally defeated and done! Cause TS3 deserves fancy things, too.
And we deserve more u-shaped stairs that don't require you to fiddle with cfe till exhaustion, destroying half your house in the process and having to deal with warped walls and bonkers levels. So, here you'll find:
- Harp Floating Half Landing Stairs Left - $800, found under Stairs/Spiral Stairs; 4 presets, 2 recolorable channels
- Harp Floating Half Landing Stairs Right - $800, found under Stairs/Spiral Stairs; 4 presets, 2 recolorable channels
- Harp Stairs Partition 1 Tile - $175, found under Build Mode/Columns; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Stairs Partition 3 Tiles - $200, found under Build Mode/Columns; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Floating Stairs Up - $10, found under Stairs/Regular Stairs; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Floating Stairs Down - $10, found under Stairs/Regular Stairs; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
- Harp Floating Stairs Partition Deco - $200, found under Decor/Sculptures; 4 presets, 1 recolorable channel
The u-shaped, half-landing stairs are based on Gosik & Inge Jones' Cottage Stairs
and function the same way. They use the spiral stairs' animation so they're not perfect, and they don't really have a matching cutout so you have to delete the necessary 2nd storey tiles yourself. While they're technically stackable, the same rules for regular spiral stairs apply here as well - they need to be facing the right way according to lot/world coordinates, otherwise prepare for routing tantrums galore.
I decided to add an option with regular stairs, too - you need both the Up
version for it to work. The "Up" goes from the lower to the middle floor, "Down" goes from the top to the middle. The floor height needs to be standard 16 steps for everything to line up. Build up your floors, place the stairs accordingly and then add the deco partition on the lowest floor. The partition has no footprint/doesn't interfere with routing.
The two column partitions also have no footprints in order not to be in the way of the stairs - sims will walk right through them if they're not blocked otherwise. I've also enabled them to be placed anywhere, including on upper floor levels' grid without the need for floor tiles underneath. They stack on seamlessly and leave no gap b/w different floors like eaxis columns do.
A big thank you to Gosik & Inge Jones
for their work, otherwise these would've never seen the light of day!
Also huge thanks to everyone in the Creator's Cave Discord
who gave ideas, helped battle numerous issues or was just there to listen to me whine about how much stairs suck. You guys are the best!
Half Landing Stairs Left & Right:
high/med: 802f / 498f
Regular Stairs Up & Down :
high/med: 50f / n/a
Partition 3 Tiles:
high/med: 184f / 180f
Partition 1 Tile:
high/med: 64f / 60f
high/med: 1440f / 664f
Blender, Milkshape, TSRW, Photoshop, Gosik & Inge Jones for the original U-shaped stairs