MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Minimum Wage Remastered and Realistic

by EvelynnMama Posted 18th Jun 2021 at 1:49 PM - Updated 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:28 AM by EvelynnMama
18 Comments / replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
New and remastered mod for a minimum wage in the Sims 3. I was inspired by Madame Doofie's minimum wage mod. I like making my game harder for my Sims but her mod actually made some of the careers only earn three simoleons an hour or zero simoleons an hour for some jobs. I want my Sim's lives to be harder but not that hard. So this mod is somewhere in between her version of minimum wage and the vanilla version of minimum wage.

Features
-All jobs now start at 15 simoleons an hour at Lvl. 1
-All jobs now have a realistic raise system
-No outrageous amounts of money earned like the law enforcement level one career earning 40 simoleons an hour

I made this mod for myself but I figured some people would like to be able to use it if they want their wages to be lower and more realistic. For the people who don’t want their minimum wage to be super low and for the people who don’t want their minimum wage to be super high. For the people who don’t want to go in and do it themselves.

Examples:
Medical Career-Deady Disease Specialist Path
Lvl 1: 15$/hour vs. Maxis 22$/hour
Lvl 2: 18$/hour vs. Maxis 25$/hour
Lvl 3: 25$/hour vs. Maxis 28$/hour
Lvl 4: 30$/hour vs. Maxis 33$/hour
Lvl 5: 42$/hour vs. Maxis 78$/hour
Lvl 6: 60$/hour vs. Maxis 102$/hour
Lvl 7: 85$/hour vs. Maxis 192$/hour
Lvl 8: 100$/hour vs. Maxis 210$/hour
Lvl 9: 150$/hour vs. Maxis 225$/hour
Lvl 10: 250$/hour vs. Maxis 480$/hour

Law Enforcement- Special Agent
Lvl 1: 15$/hour vs. Maxis 40$/hour
Lvl 2: 25$/hour vs. Maxis 47$/hour
Lvl 3: 30$/hour vs. Maxis 55$/hour
Lvl 4: 45$/hour vs. Maxis 73$/hour
Lvl 5: 55$/hour vs. Maxis 94$/hour
Lvl 6: 68$/hour vs. Maxis 147$/hour
Lvl 7: 85$/hour vs. Maxis 172$/hour
Lvl 8: 92$/hour vs. Maxis 202$/hour
Lvl 9: 115$/hour vs. Maxis 293$/hour
Lvl 10: 252$/hour vs. Maxis 477$/hour

Information: This does affect all expansion packs except into the future, I own it but I don't really use it.


You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Evm- Career Wages Mod.rar | Makes all careers start at base wage of 15$ at Lvl. 1, gives a more dynamic and realistic raise system to the game

Size: 39.6 KB · Downloads: 1,031 · 18th Jun 2021
39.6 KB 1,031 18th Jun 2021
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
 
18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 10:13 PM
Looks cool!
I'm gonna try this mod out!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 11:25 PM
*Sigh* Do I really want my sims broke? Yes, I think I do. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 12:08 AM
Wow this version of minimum wage looks perfect for my playstyle. Thank you!
Also, does this affect expansion pack careers as well or just base game careers?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 3:09 AM
Thank you! My Sims is level 10 in the medical career. She's bringing home about 4,000 simoleons a day! That's too much. Can't spend it all.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 2:23 AM
I tried this and started a new game, where I had my sim join the culinary career, but it didn't set to $15/hr ????
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaMama515
I tried this and started a new game, where I had my sim join the culinary career, but it didn't set to $15/hr ????

Hi! Thank you for downloading How many files deep do you have this mod? I'd recommend only putting it one file deep if you can or even just in the mods folder if possible, if that doesn't help let me know!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree101
*Sigh* Do I really want my sims broke? Yes, I think I do. Thanks!

You're welcome! I thought this was a good balance, the maxis wages are outrageous!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxolixx
Wow this version of minimum wage looks perfect for my playstyle. Thank you!
Also, does this affect expansion pack careers as well or just base game careers?

This affects all expansion careers except for into the future because while I have it, I just don't use it Thank you for downloading!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 2:41 AM
I'm looking forward to trying this out! I've been using Madame Doofie's as well, and came across similar issues, so this is a great compromise.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynnMama
Hi! Thank you for downloading How many files deep do you have this mod? I'd recommend only putting it one file deep if you can or even just in the mods folder if possible, if that doesn't help let me know!


I do have it in my mods folder. I started another career to see if it was just the one that was bugged but nope, still no minimum wage
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 4:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaMama515
I do have it in my mods folder. I started another career to see if it was just the one that was bugged but nope, still no minimum wage

So this is the file trail for my mod that I have on my computer personally, just in case, Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 3-Mods-Packages. I leave my mod in the packages file by itself, not in an organizing file one file deep. You might have done this too, I don't know, I just want to make sure If you have the mod in that exact place then let me know and I will try and help you figure out the problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 1:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynnMama
So this is the file trail for my mod that I have on my computer personally, just in case, Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 3-Mods-Packages. I leave my mod in the packages file by itself, not in an organizing file one file deep. You might have done this too, I don't know, I just want to make sure If you have the mod in that exact place then let me know and I will try and help you figure out the problem.


Yup, same place. I exited the game, removed it, started the game back up, exited again then added it back, started the game up and still not working ???? It must be user error on my part but I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaMama515
Yup, same place. I exited the game, removed it, started the game back up, exited again then added it back, started the game up and still not working ???? It must be user error on my part but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Hmm, have you deleted your cache files recently and cleaned your sims 3 folders of the things it needs to be cleaned of?
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynnMama
Hmm, have you deleted your cache files recently and cleaned your sims 3 folders of the things it needs to be cleaned of?

...no, it's been an embarrassingly long time since I've done that Thank you, I'll see if that does the trick!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 12:05 PM
I wonder if this works with Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated mod by SonyaYU? Maxis default wages make everything far too easy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 3:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrox999
I wonder if this works with Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated mod by SonyaYU? Maxis default wages make everything far too easy.

I'd have to test that out and see!
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:20 PM
Hi EvelynnMama, how well does your mod play with the other package files from Madam Doofie's mod, such as the changes to the price of university and boarding schools?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:52 AM
Great job!!!