Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 12:01 AM
Default Changing price and description for pet collars
I've followed the tutorial by Paleoanth and Wes_h on using the recolorable pet collars. I made two and they show up in my game. They even look cute on the dog. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to change the title or add a description for a collar? I've noticed there are no tooltips in-game for collars, but it would show up in DDO, which would be helpful.

2. When purchased online (or, presumably, in a store), the collars do have prices. Can the price be changed? If so, how?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 12:39 AM
Using this particular format, I'd say it looks like the result will be recolors of the existing pet collars.

If there is any hovertext, it's in the "Text Lists (STR#)" resource. If tooltips don't show up, I'm guessing there isn't a way to make them show, because I think they would already do so when there's text here.

As for price, I think that's coded in somewhere else in the game than in the pet collars themselves. I would think it's similar to buying sim clothes - where I have seen mods where you can get clothes for free, but not mods where you can set custom prices for various items. It's possible the overall price can be modded, but not sure how.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Using this particular format, I'd say it looks like the result will be recolors of the existing pet collars.

If there is any hovertext, it's in the "Text Lists (STR#)" resource. If tooltips don't show up, I'm guessing there isn't a way to make them show, because I think they would already do so when there's text here.

As for price, I think that's coded in somewhere else in the game than in the pet collars themselves. I would think it's similar to buying sim clothes - where I have seen mods where you can get clothes for free, but not mods where you can set custom prices for various items. It's possible the overall price can be modded, but not sure how.

The tutorial (https://modthesims.info/showthread....483#post1581483) calls for cloning in the SimPE object workshop, not recoloring.

I can modify that string, but it doesn't save. I can also set a price (default is 0), but that doesn't take, either. All collars are 49 simoleons. Plain, jewel-encrusted, stripes--it's all 49 simoleons.

I'll learn to live with it--I don't want to get into that particular type of modding. I have enough ambitious creative stuff on my list already.

Thanks!