Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I was just told on Discord the @Chris Hatch had updated CLT? But that it may have a pets bug?

Yes, I did. Wait on Community Return never had a pets bug that I'm aware of but Time Control did. It doubled the number of minutes to idle when the global 'Idle Minutes' was called, but in the hex coding if a value becomes too large it becomes a negative value so the Stray Controller could start spewing a new stray every (game) minute instead of several hours apart. It was fixed by idling the called amount twice instead of doubling the value.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 11:17 PM
@Chris Hatch Would you have a link? That's one of the reasons for the ping -sorry if that wasn't clear.

So you renamed CLT to Wait on Community Return?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#28 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 4:03 PM
The newest version is part of The Globe project and does require the global overrides which will conflict with a lot of things.
Alternatively I just uploaded a new stand alone version for you CJH_CommTime(StandAlone).zip (25.9 kB) which doesn't require any other files.

After your comment about problems with pets I took a look and tested with a couple of pets to see if there could be something I missed, and as it was (I just updated it) sims held off world would have their motives held static but any pets travelling with them wouldn't. Pregnancy controllers that pertain to sims held off world that can be paused will be (by default they can't be but most mods that effect preg controllers enable it and my Alternate Controller can). However pet pregnancies aren't advanced by a pregnancy controller but by the age controller which can't be paused so some discretion is advised if you send pregnant pets to comm lots.

I didn't actually re-name it but the pie menu option to enable/disable it on the globe is called Wait On Community Return.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 12:17 AM
Thanks Chris for the info and file! The old version could have a bug with pregnant sims too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The newest version is part of The Globe project and does require the global overrides which will conflict with a lot of things.
Alternatively I just uploaded a new stand alone version for you CJH_CommTime(StandAlone).zip (25.9 kB) which doesn't require any other files.

@Chris Hatch just wondering does your version fix the issues iCad mentions that the original had with uni lots and BV on the previous page? Thanks for providing it either way!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:35 PM
I tried out the new static version just in the main hood on a regular lot and that worked well. It has it's own unique pop up saying sim X will be back in so many hours. I haven't tried it in any sub hood. I am playing my medieval hood and it doesn't have one, so maybe someone wants to try it on UNI or BV?

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 3:11 PM
This version only takes the time stamp and creates the token when sims choose Go Home, there was no need to be creating and updating the token every trip. It does not run at all at university neighbourhoods or holiday neighbourhoods.
At Uni-hoods students are sent to class while at community lots, if they were held off world waiting for the time to catch up when they get home they'd miss going to class and get penalized for missing a class that they had already attended once.
Holiday hoods handle time differently, when sims return to their hotel the time is updated to whatever time is was when they left the previous lot so there is no need for it at all. When sims return home from holiday it won't run because the lot they just left was in a holiday-hood. I didn't care to change that because sitting and watching a lot with no active sims run for four days or more would be no fun, and sims may start getting penalized for missing school etc.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:11 PM
Thanks for the info Chris.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:48 PM
@Chris Hatch does this play well with life expectancy and uni semester modifiers? I use a custom life expectancy mod and shortened uni semesters. I just want to make sure it's not going to bork anything up when I put it in my game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:55 PM
Also pregnancy length mods. I don't think they would clash, but since it was asked ^ I am tossing that in as well.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#36 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 1:43 PM
Altered age or semester durations won't make any difference. Altered pregnancy duration may cause the occasional quirk. While sims are held off world once per hour a check is made to see if community time should end. One of those checks is if a (human) pregnancy gets to 72 hours or more then a sim is about to have a baby so bring everyone home. A shorter duration means the 72 hours will never be reached so off world sims will miss the birth, while a longer pregnancy means sims may be returned early for no apparent reason.

The other check is if a wedding arch becomes in use, while sims are held off world no-one else can travel anywhere. If a couple getting married have a honeymoon booked then having sims held off world could prevent them leaving for their honeymoon.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 2:54 PM
I use a 48 hour pregnancy mod and haven't had any trouble with CBoys version, except once I got the known pregnant sim glitch where their needs drop while waiting to arrive home. I don't keep my pregnant sims out for long though.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 6:00 PM
Thanks for the info Chris Hatch.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 2:28 PM
Thanks for the clarification Chris!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 10:17 AM
Does anybody know how to get rid of the tokens CBoy's version created so I can remove the mod and switch to Chris' version?
Scholar
#41 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 4:38 PM
You don't need to, I used the same GUID for the tokens. My version was only ever intended as an update to CBoy's original.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 6:03 PM
You don't need to, I used the same GUID for the tokens. My version was only ever intended as an update to CBoy's original.

Thank you so much for this update. I look forward to using hotel lots again.

It's saving so much work for my dormies too - Morganna Goth disappeared for a week after University. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Also, the icon letting me know they are off lot is also perfect. Really grateful!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 8:30 PM

Okay, awesome! Thanks so much!
Forum Resident
#44 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 1:24 PM

@Chris Hatch (sorry to bother!) does this "CJH_CommTime(StandAlone)" still conflict with your time controller like the version by crammyboy? I assume it still does, but I thought I'd ask!
Scholar
#45 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 2:53 PM
I could be wrong because I never use either but I don't think there is a problem using them both together, they are not changing the same things so there is no reason for them to conflict.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 4:55 PM
I could be wrong because I never use either but I don't think there is a problem using them both together, they are not changing the same things so there is no reason for them to conflict.

Oh woah, I'm so happy! Tested them both in a neighborhood and it worked like a charm! No conflict whatsoever, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 10:52 PM
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but to instal Chris's one do I remove the two original community time downloads from my game? Or do I just add the new one?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#48 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 11:19 PM
Remove the other one. Did the original have 2 files? I don't remember.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Remove the other one. Did the original have 2 files? I don't remember.

Yeah, the main package and the token package.

: "There's no such thing as too high! I'm Phoenix Sparrow, I was born to be in the sky with my fellow birds!" -Phoenix Sparrow ~ Chapter 2.02
Mad Poster
#50 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 11:08 AM
On Vegan Kakus's advice, I'm going to use both of Chris's new versions of both CLT and Slower Time..I hope they work well together, but Vegan used them without any problems, so I'm hopeful.
It's also nice that they won't affect the 48 hour pregnancy hack, because I use the even shorter version (24 hours) and was concerned it would interfere with that as well.

Many thanks to Chris for having updated these mods-they definitely do enhance the game-and I adore the slower time hack. I'd never play without it!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 2 of 3