Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandi Sim
Thank you BartekStu for making this mod.

I'm glad I could make something so many people enjoy!

Quote: Originally posted by Mortia
I've been out of the TS2 loop for a few months but this was one of the mods I was following closely before I had to go on hiatus. Would you say it's finished with beta and good to use in games now for the most part? Thank you!

Hi! I'm quite happy with the 1.0.3 update - all the features work well and correctly. However, I would say the mod is still very much in beta as there is more I want to add to it - I also want to go back and update some old code, too. I'm pleased with the design from a Simantics perspective but there's some cleaning up BHAV-wise I have to do.

In other words - definitely still in beta, and as for good to use in games - that's up to your discretion! I'm confident that the mod won't break your hoods anyway in this current state.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BartekStu
I'm glad I could make something so many people enjoy!

Hi! I'm quite happy with the 1.0.3 update - all the features work well and correctly. However, I would say the mod is still very much in beta as there is more I want to add to it - I also want to go back and update some old code, too. I'm pleased with the design from a Simantics perspective but there's some cleaning up BHAV-wise I have to do.

In other words - definitely still in beta, and as for good to use in games - that's up to your discretion! I'm confident that the mod won't break your hoods anyway in this current state.

Thank you for the reply! Now I feel confident going ahead and planning out some custom menu items This mod is great!
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 11:51 AM
Thank you for this mod. I was really hoping someone would make something like this.
I still have to try out how well it works when playing with it.

I might have an answer for the collection file problem though.
When I look at the file using jfade's Collection Creator, it shows that there are only walls and floors in that file.
Somehow it seems to be an original collection file instead of one with your ingredients in it.
By the way, I used the English version.
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 11:06 AM
So far this mod works great!

I do have some suggestions.

1. At this moment when you want to buy more than 1 ingredient, you have to go through the menu for each ingredient. Would it be possible to add a slider (like for buying groceries)? That way you can at least buy 5 cheeses at once, instead of having to buy cheese 5 times.

2. Would it be possible to add a recipe list in game?
Something like the juicer uses or a cook book (like the Sun&Moon referece tomes)?
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 4:32 PM
I just ran into a small problem.
When I use the grocery list to buy ingredients, the money is deducted, but the ingredients aren't added to the fridge. They are not in my inventory either.
Just buying the ingredients works fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norica
Thank you for this mod. I was really hoping someone would make something like this.
I still have to try out how well it works when playing with it.

I might have an answer for the collection file problem though.
When I look at the file using jfade's Collection Creator, it shows that there are only walls and floors in that file.
Somehow it seems to be an original collection file instead of one with your ingredients in it.
By the way, I used the English version.

Ooh this might be pertinent, thanks for the lead!

So far this mod works great!

I do have some suggestions.

1. At this moment when you want to buy more than 1 ingredient, you have to go through the menu for each ingredient. Would it be possible to add a slider (like for buying groceries)? That way you can at least buy 5 cheeses at once, instead of having to buy cheese 5 times.

2. Would it be possible to add a recipe list in game?
Something like the juicer uses or a cook book (like the Sun&Moon referece tomes)?

These are good suggestions - I do dislike that you can only buy one ingredient at a time, and that it's impossible to check the recipes in-game in a simple way.
I definitely plan to add a slider to the set of grocery racks that will be the 'intended' means of buying the ingredients. I'm on the fence of adding it to the debugger, though, since that's meant to be a temporary measure anyway. As for a recipe book, one of my biggest grievances is that it's impossible, or at least not documented, that is, adding new dialogue UIs to the game. Because of this, we have to use existing ones, and I haven't yet decided on one that best suits this purpose. I will take a look at the S&M tomes, though!

I just ran into a small problem.
When I use the grocery list to buy ingredients, the money is deducted, but the ingredients aren't added to the fridge. They are not in my inventory either.
Just buying the ingredients works fine.

Hmm, it seems to work for me. Do you have any conflicts, or custom ingredients? Try using the DEBUG - Remove All Ingredients, DEBUG - Force Error on Food Controller, and DEBUG - Reset All Food Menus options on the debugger (in that order) and see if that helps - you will need to have testingcheats enabled and shift click.
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 3:49 PM
I think there was something wrong with my lot.
It works fine on a new lot.
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Norica : 14th Jan 2022 at 2:41 PM.
I found a small error with the Pole Beans.
You get the "stock fridge" option instead of "put away ingredients".
They are however recognized as ingredients when they are in the fridge.

Edit: Never mind, once again it was my game acting up.

I also found an error with the ingredients.
I made my own collection file, but not all the ingredients show up.
I can buy the missing ingredients with the controller, but I can't add those to the collection file.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 4:41 PM
I'm really enjoying this mod and appreciate you making it user- and modder-friendly. I had an idea/question about adding custom food and ingredients to the system individually. Will your system recognize clones of the ingredients? Example: If I clone the "spices" and "meat" objects, change the model/GUID, and put them in-game - will that work? If not, i'm perfectly fine adding things the way you've spelled it out in the tutorial.
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Norica : 16th Jan 2022 at 1:58 PM.
Apparently there is a load order conflict between your mod (the CORE file) and Neder's ''Variable Meal Server' '.

Your mod needs to load last or the maxis vegetables won't be recognized as ingredients, but as normal stock.

EDIT: Unfortunately when your mod loads last, the Meal Server no longer works (I forgot to check this before)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 9:22 PM
I found a small error with the Pole Beans.
You get the "stock fridge" option instead of "put away ingredients".
They are however recognized as ingredients when they are in the fridge.

Edit: Never mind, once again it was my game acting up.

I also found an error with the ingredients.
I made my own collection file, but not all the ingredients show up.
I can buy the missing ingredients with the controller, but I can't add those to the collection file.

Apparently there is a load order conflict between your mod (the CORE file) and Neder's ''Variable Meal Server' '.

Your mod needs to load last or the maxis vegetables won't be recognized as ingredients, but as normal stock.

EDIT: Unfortunately when your mod loads last, the Meal Server no longer works (I forgot to check this before)

Good to know it was just a conflict - I'll add it to the conflict list yeah, it makes sense that they would conflict, as they both presumably edit TEST BHAVs to do with the fridge. Since you can only have one version of that TEST BHAV load order wouldn't help much, and you need my version of the BHAV for the mod to function correctly. I am not interested in incorporating Neder's mod at this time, sorry!

Quote: Originally posted by mrcsthernr
I'm really enjoying this mod and appreciate you making it user- and modder-friendly. I had an idea/question about adding custom food and ingredients to the system individually. Will your system recognize clones of the ingredients? Example: If I clone the "spices" and "meat" objects, change the model/GUID, and put them in-game - will that work? If not, i'm perfectly fine adding things the way you've spelled it out in the tutorial.

Oh! Yeah, this is actually a clever way to do it! You'll still need to do some work to get the system to recognize your new ingredients but cloning my existing ones will save you some time. The steps you'll still need to do are 1 - 4, but you'll only have to change the values instead of creating new resources - steps 5 and 6 are skippable leaving you only to worry about steps 7 - 8.5. You can then add debugger functionality at your discretion - feel free to post here if you need any pointers
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 4:05 PM
I found another oddity today.
I can only use "check available ingredients" on the fridge, when I have an ingredient in my inventory.
The option is not there when I don't have ingredients in my inventory.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 4:55 PM
I found another oddity today.
I can only use "check available ingredients" on the fridge, when I have an ingredient in my inventory.
The option is not there when I don't have ingredients in my inventory.

I just took a look at the code there...

basically to preserve compatibility with custom fridges I decided to piggyback an existing Pie Menu option, that is, Stock Fridge (the one that comes with seasons, for harvestables.) This way I get two Pie Menu options with some neat manipulation of MakeActionString.

Reading the code the logic is as follows:

If there ARE NOT harvestables in the inventory: A check is made to see if ingredients are in the fridge, and if there is, 'Check Available Ingredients' will appear.
If there ARE harvestables in the inventory: A check is made to see if the harvestables are FO ingredients. If true, the above happens. If false, and I believe this is what is causing the bug - 'Stock Fridge' will appear instead.

Do you have custom ingredients you've made? Or do you have custom, non-FO harvestables installed? Also - not to be pedantic - have you verified there are ingredients in the fridge? Are there any conflicts with MakeActionString?
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Norica : 2nd Feb 2022 at 1:58 PM. Reason: Additional info
It was a lot with a custom fridge.
That's what probably was causing this.
On another lot with a Maxis fridge it works fine.

Edit: I do have a lot of custom harvestables (Sun&Moon), so they may have something to do with it as well.

It's not really a big problem, since I can still make meals if there are ingredients present.

EXCEPT for 'Grandma's Comfort Soup'.
There is something strange with that one.
The meat needed is removed, but the other ingredients are not.
The meal is not prepared either.

'Grandma's Comfort Soup' is not under the 'Buy ingredients for recipes' option. But maybe that's intentional, since not every sim can make that.

EDIT 2: It's probably a memory or token problem.
It's fixed after using Mootilda's Hood Checker.
Space Pony
#40 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 11:28 PM
Hello there! I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put the ingredients in the bins folder in the program files to prevent accident deletion. Yeah or no?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Hello there! I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put the ingredients in the bins folder in the program files to prevent accident deletion. Yeah or no?

Hi! Putting the ingredients in the Bins folder is perfectly fine, and will prevent them from being flagged as custom content and thus make them undeletable
Space Pony
#42 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BartekStu
Hi! Putting the ingredients in the Bins folder is perfectly fine, and will prevent them from being flagged as custom content and thus make them undeletable

Cool, thanks!
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 3:03 AM
This is such a nifty idea!

I'm having a wee bit of trouble with the collection file at the moment. It appears as the "Ultra Modern" collection for me, even though I've downloaded from both links you've provided for the mod. Is there a chance this might be an oversight? The object appears in my catalog and works wonders, just can't seem to get the right collection file to show up for some strange reason.
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 7:48 PM
Oh! And another follow up question: is it possible to require a set number of cooking skill points for certain recipes?
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 3:59 AM
Is it possible to outline how to add Sun&Moon harvestable objects to this mod?

I was able to add the sun&moon butcher products (Chicken, Turkey, Ribs, etc..) fine but when I try to add modded vegetables (eg. Pumpkins and Carrots) it breaks my game a little: the pie menu option to buy specific ingredients disappear if I attempt to add it in these custom harvestables as an ingredient, and if I require them for any recipe the debugger becomes completely unselectable and there's no option to cook any meal from the fridge. Not sure why, but if anyone has any advice it'd be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by popcorns
Is it possible to outline how to add Sun&Moon harvestable objects to this mod?

I was able to add the sun&moon butcher products (Chicken, Turkey, Ribs, etc..) fine but when I try to add modded vegetables (eg. Pumpkins and Carrots) it breaks my game a little: the pie menu option to buy specific ingredients disappear if I attempt to add it in these custom harvestables as an ingredient, and if I require them for any recipe the debugger becomes completely unselectable and there's no option to cook any meal from the fridge. Not sure why, but if anyone has any advice it'd be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Oh darn, I'd also planned to use S&M products to make my custom foods. Did you ever find a solution?
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mortia
Oh darn, I'd also planned to use S&M products to make my custom foods. Did you ever find a solution?

Waiting for this to be updated/addressed as well. I thoroughly love the idea of this mod, but I'm not able to figure out how to add Sun & Moons fruits, vegetables, or meat/animal products. Going to keep trying to fiddle with it myself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thefaerie
This is such a nifty idea!

I'm having a wee bit of trouble with the collection file at the moment. It appears as the "Ultra Modern" collection for me, even though I've downloaded from both links you've provided for the mod. Is there a chance this might be an oversight? The object appears in my catalog and works wonders, just can't seem to get the right collection file to show up for some strange reason.

Hi! This is a known issue, I have no idea why it occurs I'm afraid The collection file fails to appear for some users for no discernable reason

Mind sharing some info about your EP/SP setup, and your game version?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by popcorns
Oh! And another follow up question: is it possible to require a set number of cooking skill points for certain recipes?

Yes! See this thread. Clone your food of choice via the object workshop with all the boxes unticked to create an override, and delete everything but your modified BCON. Save that to a package and you're good to go - and if it's a custom food, no need to clone, just edit it directly
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 11:51 AM
RE: The folks curious about Sun&Moon compatibility - I do have a solution in mind which would have the additional benefit of greatly simplifying the process of adding new ingredients - it'll likely be some time before it is implemented. Well done to those who managed to modify the mod to their tastes regardless! I'll keep backwards compatibility in mind.

I'm thoroughly humbled and grateful of the continued interest in this mod.
Page 2 of 3