Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 11:24 PM
Correct, no build mode once you have your shell. I would prefer a more specific color choice, yes. Though if you are ok with a broad interpretation of your colors, I suppose that's fine too. As long as you aren't expecting to see a specific blue, if you say blue.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#52 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 11:57 PM
I'll try and find a swatch. I really like design seeds. Then whoever gets it just has to try and get close. So much easier with TS3, but as I don't care for decorating in there -got to have a sim in the house just to take a photo. I'll stick to TS2.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#53 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 11:58 PM Last edited by luckyladycat : 26th Apr 2014 at 2:47 AM.
Default Trading Spaces Living Room (Round 1) Shell Submission TS3

Style: Gothic
Colours: #58686e #6c2048 #536a71
Object: Decaf Coffee Table

I have all expansion packs and all stuff packs (with the exception of Katy Perry) and have the game patched to 1.67.
But I used AGS with just Basegame to build the shell.

Edit- I have added the library file to the zip along a sims3pakage.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Round1-AplicationTS3.zip (668.8 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:10 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 26th Apr 2014 at 1:32 AM.

Style: Transitional (Transitional is a marriage of traditional and modern)
Colours: Ivory, beige and sage green.
Object: Renaissance Bookcase.

Made with AGS base game. I have all EP's and Sp's.

Since I was spending way too long looking at colour seeds and wondering how a sims 2 player could possibly match what I was looking at I just went with a basic transitional colour range. Hope that is okay Jones.

Urk might help if I uploaded the place.
https://app.box.com/s/pbqfbxtm8880uwqj2k2c

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:38 AM
And we have our 10! Will keep going to 20 (or maybe 25) or till the deadline though, so keep 'em coming! If we fill up before the deadline. We will start the decorating part sooner
Mad Poster
#56 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:46 AM
WooHoo! Way to run a contest, Jones!!! I thought this sounded like a really fun idea :D

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#57 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 2:16 AM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 26th Apr 2014 at 5:33 PM.
Default Applicaion
I present to you, my application shell...

Style: Modern/Contemporary
Colors: #c4c4c4, #87b38f, #7c99b3
Object: Astral Playground Telescope

I'm on the last patch, 1.67, I think.

Edit: I have the file now!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Round 1 Shell.rar (339.4 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#58 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 2:19 AM
TS3 Library Files:
Library files are a great way of sharing your lot. When you save a lot to the bin, the game creates a package file in your Library folder. Of course, it gives it a really random name of a string of letters and numbers so make sure to check your Library folder after saving it (sort by date created to make things easier) and rename the file right away so you remember which one it is! You can share this lot, just like you would a sims3pack. The downloader would just install the lot by placing the file in their Library folder, rather than installing a sims3pack through the launcher. These files are great for a couple of reasons: 1) no launcher (for sure!), 2) less chance of rogue CC attaching and 3) for library files, patch level doesn't matter. So, someone at patch 1.67 could give me a lot that I, at patch 1.63, could install without an issue. If anyone is concerned or wary of joining this contest due to not being fully patched, library files should allow you to join just fine!

I'd like to ask that everyone competing on the TS3 side include your library file, instead of or along with the sims3pack from here on out. If you've already uploaded a shell, please just hang on to that library file, on the off chance that your partner might need them. This will make getting participants a little easier. I've personally refused to patch to 1.67 (RIMP (rest in modding peace) twallan) and I would hate to be restricted from participating, if I had the time, just because of my patch level.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 2:37 AM
Blake, I will add you to the table. But if we fill up and someone else wants in, if you, for some reason, do not have your file up by Sunday, you will lose your spot.
Scholar
#60 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 3:19 AM
I updated my application post, I have the file now.

Field Researcher
#61 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 3:36 AM
I know what I'm doing tonight. I'll get my Plan ready and planned.

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Field Researcher
#62 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 3:44 AM
But can be a playalong insted. I don;t have time to commet to a fill time contest

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Field Researcher
#63 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 5:45 AM
I am incredibly confused to how you sims 3 players do things! Where did all these numbers for colours come from?! This is not like the Sims 2 that I know and love!

Call me Seth!
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 8:47 AM
Default Colour Codes
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
I am incredibly confused to how you sims 3 players do things! Where did all these numbers for colours come from?! This is not like the Sims 2 that I know and love!

The Sims 3 Create a Design Tool allows you to enter the colour code when you want to set a colour, e.g. if you wanted black, you would put in 000000. This means that if you give the colour codes for your shell entry you can be sure that whoever gets your shell will use the correct colour, for example, my turquoise may be lighter than your turquoise, and I may mark you down for it.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#65 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:49 AM
Well gotta join in this one too :D

Game: TS2
Config: Shell created in BG, I have all EPs and SPs (except Holidays and Store)
Style: Modern Beachy
Colours: 75D1C7, BA73AC, FFFFE0
Object: Tri Tip Table

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  living room.rar (160.0 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:45 PM
Ok, I'm a bit confused regarding how to apply. Do I just comment here that I want to apply? If so, I would like to apply for this contest!
Scholar
#67 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imasimfan585
Ok, I'm a bit confused regarding how to apply. Do I just comment here that I want to apply? If so, I would like to apply for this contest!

Okay, attach your images to your post, and then that will be your application.

Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#68 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:56 PM
Imasimfan: you apply by posting the shell for round 1. Look at all the other entries so far for an example how to do that. You post a screenshot, the colors, the object that has to be included and you can attach the file of the shell to your post.
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 3:08 PM
Game: TS2 ( I have all EPs and SPs)
Style: Contemporary
Colours: Burgundy, Teal, and Beige
Object: Double Helix Designer Bookshelf

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Round 1-Living room.rar (1.63 MB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 6:23 PM Last edited by plq100 : 7th May 2014 at 7:10 PM.
Default Trading spaces - Round 1 TS 3

Object - sim life goggles
Colours - #FF474A #FFE140 #7AE5C8
Room style - modern

I have World Adventures, Ambitions and Fast Lane. I have patch 1.55

Attached files:
File Type: zip  Trading Spaces Round 1.zip (504.9 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Trading Spaces Living Room
Field Researcher
#71 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 9:30 PM
Jones - with TS2 - you could probably make it easier for people (seeing as we don't have CasT) to choose a specific wallpaper or colour action - so for example a CuriousB/Anna/Pony colour what has a name, or the whole nine yards Blue (that's an EA Paint colour), etc.

I'm looking at sitting this one out - because I'm kinda pooped from the last contest. However I will barrack from the sides, and offer unwanted advice with gay abandon. :D

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 10:44 PM
If TS2ers would like to do as kiri suggest, with the specific color of something(s) existing for the game, that would be great. But I don't want to require it, as I don't want anyone to have to download certain cc if they don't want too. I'm hoping that the original shell builders think about the fact that others might not be able to match their color choices exactly. TS3 does have the advantage in that area with CaST.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:02 PM
When I put my colours up I used ones that (I think) are BG. I don't expect the decorator to use those exact paints, but I was just really giving an idea of the palette I wanted. I will, of course, accept other paint colours as long as they are similar.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#74 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
Jones - with TS2 - you could probably make it easier for people (seeing as we don't have CasT) to choose a specific wallpaper or colour action - so for example a CuriousB/Anna/Pony colour what has a name, or the whole nine yards Blue (that's an EA Paint colour), etc.

I'm looking at sitting this one out - because I'm kinda pooped from the last contest. However I will barrack from the sides, and offer unwanted advice with gay abandon. :D

That's what I was thinking when I was looking at design seeds, that this colour picking would be easier if I just went with one of the well known colour actions.

I'm pooped too but I got sucked in.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#75 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 2:51 AM
If I could ask a (possibly!) silly question in regards to the windows... the rules say windows on no more than two walls out of four. I take it that means two directions rather than walls exactly? So if we have, say, seven walls because of a jutting out bit, windows could go on the jutting out bit which is technically three walls but are all north facing? If that makes any sense at all.

I haven't managed to do anything Sim-my for a while, but decorating rooms seems well within my time limits

Page 3 of 37