Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:36 PM
Default Im In
I'm in doing Romance. GIRLY GIRL XOXO
Advertisement
Space Pony
#52 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:10 PM
lolsmileyface
i'm looking forward to read it
:*
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 2:32 PM
I'm set; I'm doing a romance about the male form of the fox god, Inari and a moody death dragon. It's kinda cute also very dark humorey-esque sometimes.

NOT ENOUGH ROMANCE!(Insert pretentious hashtag)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:02 PM Last edited by leefish : 30th Jun 2014 at 7:06 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4426815, 4427618
Ugh...getting my set stuff done took way longer than I thought it would...now I have to find poses
This is a lot more work than I had thought it would be...

Alright, how does the insert pictures option work? I'm so confused...:P
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 2:22 AM
I lost my Sims 2 disc, so I can't do this, unfortunately. . . as soon as I hit the post count, though, I can judge. Both entries look great so far.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 3:34 AM
I tried telling myself I don't have time for this, but I accidentally picked up my notebook with all my bits from Heaven's story contests and now I'm even more tempted.
Space Pony
#57 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rin_of_Water
Alright, how does the insert pictures option work? I'm so confused...:P

to advanced post on this page
there is a part named attachments
then be aware that your upload is less than 800kb
after uploading, write (spoiler) /but with '[' not '('
then go to attachments, click on files names, they will show up on other tabs, copy the link,come back,
double click on image part,then paste the link there
then do this for all files

after you've done it to images,
tag (/spoiler) \ but with '[' not '(' \
preview to see if there is a spoiler button
like: [spoiler]
pic + story
then[ /spoiler]
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:01 PM Last edited by random_name : 1st Jul 2014 at 2:58 PM.
Finito! Here, it is; my finished story. Looks like me and Frenchyxo have both had the same stroke of genius with our voodoo ideas. Wonder if, like me, she's been watching too much Princess And The Frog with the awesome Dr Facilier..? Anyway, here it is. Romance, 2000 words (the first draft was 2900, meaning I had to crop so much out) and 20 pictures: I Can Grant You A Miracle. Enjoy!

Story Title: I Can Grant You A Miracle

Genre: Romance

Synopsis: Benevolent voodoo apprentice Brad Gordon has spent the majority of his teenage years assisting the spirits set out the true destiny of the world. Now, he is finally ready to use his powers to enhance people’s lives but does not count on falling in love on the way. However, the spirits he’s been helping all these years tell him, that this time, love is not an option. Now Brad has to decide what’s more important - love or destiny.

Requirement: “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austin (Romance)

Bonus: “No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream.” The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson (Horror)

Word/Picture Count: 2000 words, 20 pictures - Perfection, ladies and gentleman

Entry:

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cherry4567
to advanced post on this page
there is a part named attachments
then be aware that your upload is less than 800kb
after uploading, write (spoiler) /but with '[' not '('
then go to attachments, click on files names, they will show up on other tabs, copy the link,come back,
double click on image part,then paste the link there
then do this for all files

after you've done it to images,
tag (/spoiler) \ but with '[' not '(' \
preview to see if there is a spoiler button
like: [spoiler]
pic + story
then[ /spoiler]

Ok...I didn't see that part of the page, I thought it was the insert image thingy at the top of the box...thanks for the help
Test Subject
#60 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
Can i do horror!!!!!!!!! I think it will be good
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:34 AM
Story Title: Spirit Dreams
Cover Picture:
Synopsis & Recap: Elizabeth Mays was a writer who had grown up in a wealthy household, with a gift for speaking to the dead and an independent disposition. Andre Jefferson was the annoyingly charming man she was betrothed to. She would have never guessed that he was important to her until he was gone.
Entry

Requirement: “No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream.” The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson
Bonus: “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
Word/Picture Count: 1999/18
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:47 AM
Whew! Finally home so I can update.
@clairebear: Sorry about your disc. Hope you find it so you can still play the game. Let me know when you hit 20 posts, will be glad to have you as a judge.

@random_name: Alright! Our first romance! Added you to the entry list. *bows to your perfection*

@Rin_of_Water: Romance #2! Glad to see the picture attaching got figured out. Adding you now!

@Tamlyn:

Memory Games A Sims 3 Thriller Mystery
Field Researcher
#63 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:51 PM Last edited by LucyBorgia : 29th Jun 2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Add 'age' to the second spoiler tag and try to make it not stretch my phone screen so much as it must be doing it for others too and it's untidy ;-) + accuracy about 1995's P&P
Story Title: Falling for the man next door

Cover Picture:

Synopsis: Serena Carpenter, a widow with three children (twins Daisy and Dan and toddler Lily) moves back home to Appaloosa Plains to live with mum Amanda Harris (also widowed) and Amanda’s two dogs. Her late husband Dax was a fire fighter in Bridgeport and died rescuing junkies from an abandoned warehouse inferno. Serena meets back up with her childhood best friend who is now the man next door…

Requirement: “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Bonus: “Nobody was really surprised when it happened, not really, not at the subconscious level where savage things grow.” Carrie, Stephen King

Word/Picture Count: 1978 words/14 pictures including cover picture

Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:23 PM
I'd like to do romance!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:03 PM
With LucyBorgia's entry we officially have reached the minimum required entries to keep this contest going! Now all we need is 2 more judges and we'll be set. Can't wait to see what stories everyone else has brewing. Hope you had/are having a good weekend!

Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 11:10 PM
i will do it but im not sure which genre,i will tell u later but probably romance lol
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#67 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 1:42 AM Last edited by justJones : 30th Jun 2014 at 2:17 AM.
Title: Charlie and the Terrible Day

Genre: Horror

Synopsis: Charlie was living the good life. He had it made. He was happy. Until he had his happiness ripped from him. He may never recover from the horror that occurred that day.

Requirement: "Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end?" (Romance)

Bonus: “No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream.” (Horror)

Word/Picture Count: 1009 words, 10 pics

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:09 AM
justJones, your pictures are amazing! You have a real eye for angles and details. Well done!

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Field Researcher
#69 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 6:12 AM
Just Jones, I'm pretty worried for Charlie with your cover picture! She looks a bit scissor happy!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#70 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:28 PM
Funny you should say that LucyBorgia, you should actually be more worried about her, lol. I forgot she was still running with scissors as I was setting up another shot, till out of the corner of my eye I saw the reaper So that was an "exit without saving" day, lol.
Test Subject
#71 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:41 PM
I would love to enter but I'm a bit of a noob and this is my first contest so uhm.. please explain what a round is to me? Sorry...!
Test Subject
#72 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:52 PM
JustJones, are you like a genius because that was one of the most surprising moments I've ever read in any story...

I feel a bit duped, but I love it!!!! I'm impressed. That takes serious writing talent, man!!! If you don't get top marks for this entry, I'm calling shenanigans!!!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#73 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:03 PM
Thank you very much, random_name! I was a little concerned it wasn't so good Makes me happy to hear, as well as Freelala's praise of my pics, which I was also worried about. Since as far as the content of the pics goes, they are very simple, but believe me, a few of them, the bath for one, were very difficult to get the right angles and such :D
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 6:07 PM
Hey, other people that are working on entries at the moment and feel like their photography skills are lacking! Apparently there's a trick to get more interesting pictures or something called the 'Rule of Threes'. I asked someone I knew who studies photography, and she says that it works like this;
Split the screen up into a 3X3 grid, (like a hashtag or something...I don't know much about social media...:P) then pick a focal point from one of the corners of the center square. I don't know if it would work for Sims, I haven't tried it, but if you aren't confident in your photography skills or whatever, it might be worth trying. I'll be trying for the next round, since I already did my pictures...yeah. *awkward silence*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chqcqlatelqver
I would love to enter but I'm a bit of a noob and this is my first contest so uhm.. please explain what a round is to me? Sorry...!

Think of a game show. A contestant goes onto a show and answers trivia or sings or must beat the clock doing silly antics, etc. If they do well, they move on to the next level (or round). Video games usually have many levels (rounds) you have to go through before you can beat the game and win. That's what a contest round is. It's a progression, the levels, the series of events to go through to reach the end. In this contest each round is the progression of your story. The first round is the beginning, the next two rounds will be the middle, and the last round your story's conclusion. Unlike a game show, though, there aren't any eliminations and you don't have to worry about dying like in a video game!

Page 3 of 12