Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 4:42 PM
Default Built-in Wall Screen Panels and Simple Lighting
I have been looking for some screen panels for quite some time now (several days), either with some kind of function or as a "painting/sculpture" (preferably not as a TV, as my intention would result in some odd-looking behavior of a Sim standing in a room staring at a little corner trying to watch a show or movie). The idea is to have a touchscreen panel which would (at least in reality) act as a sort of control/information panel, placed on the wall near a high-traffic area of the room (near a door, seating/bed area, etc.).

I found this, first with a broken link on Pinterest, then on Tumblr after I filtered all Pinterest results out of my further searches (I utterly hate that site). I ended up finding several Tumblr links, all with a "download" link which leads to a paid-content site, which seems to have removed this item.
https://blewis50.tumblr.com/post/16...anel-functional
This looks exactly like what I am wanting, but, as noted, it seems to no longer exist (and if it did, it seems to have been a paid mod, which I refuse to support; donations for mods are great, paid mods are not).

If anyone knows if this is still around (and NOT paid), or knows of a similar item, please let me know!

Another item I have been looking for is some custom lighting with a floor, wall, and ceiling variant, which is a simple strip of light which appears to be built into the structure, rather than attached to it (a vertical AND horizontal version for walls).
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 5:49 PM
It was a bit challenging to dig this out of the Wayback Machine, but I managed to find it, so here's the creator's still-working download for the item you linked:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jw4md...el.package/file
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:33 PM
Oh, the Wayback Machine. I always forget that exists. Very useful!
Thank you very much for digging that up and posting it. I'm kinda surprised the download link still exists.
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 9:36 PM
It's amazing the files that are still out there. The Wayback Machine itself is an incredibly valuable tool for finding Sims stuff -- I was using it to score deleted CC all the way back in the Sims 1 days.

About the strip lighting -- are you looking for something different than the ones that came with Spa Day? (That's only got vertical wall lights, but it has them for all 3 wall heights and someone might've done an expansion.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:39 PM
I do like the style of the Spa Day lights. Simple. They are a bit too wide, though. If you've ever seen LED strip lights (the rolls with the peelable adhesive on the back that you stick to walls), that's probably the closest thing I can think of to what I'm looking for. In terms of style that I am going for, all I can think of that would be similar is in sci-fi shows and such, it is quite common to see a room that has lighting in thin lines embedded into the walls, floor, and ceilings.

Here is a good example of an LED strip light. The issue with these is that each individual light diode is visible.

What I want to accomplish is something like this (done with similar lights as above, but hidden or embedded into the structure to better diffuse the light so you can't see each diode, this would be "done" probably by simply making a thin blank strip which emits light of the chosen color):
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 7:50 AM
Just about perfect! Thank you.