Canning Station Overhaul - Alpha Changelog -- Part 1/2
Date Posted: 30th Mar 2016 at 5:02 AM
Alpha Changelog -- Part 2
Comments in square brackets.
-- 21st Mar 2016
- This update fixes a bug in how herbs are handled which broke ration jars (with or without added herb) after traveling. Rations should now be usable after traveling without resetting the sim. [The previous patch introduced a new field (JamJar.mHerbKey) which is used to initialize an instance of any Herb that needs to be added back to a spawned meal when a ration is opened. Rations jars containing meals without herbs should be prevented from trying to add a non-existent herb to the spawned meal by a null check on the field, but EA's import/export system inserts an empty string into the field instead of leaving it null (see Alpha 4, item 2), so the null check is passed. The mod then tries to initialize an instance of HerbData using a key that doesn't exist in the herb dictionary, causing an exception.]
-- 10th Mar 2016
- Added a missing MATD to the canning jar MODL. Ration jars containing Porcini Risotto should now have the appropriate custom texture.
- Making a ration from Double-Boiled Ginseng Broth should now yield a jar with the Ginseng Broth texture, as opposed to the Generic Ration texture. Once opened, the resulting bowl will be the default EA bowl, not the custom blue-and-white one, however.
- Rations made from meals to which herbs have been added now give the correct herb-specific moodlets when eaten (previously, herb moodlets would only appear occasionally, and with no relation to the actual herb added.). Note that the "smoky" effect that adding herbs gives to meals is not preserved. This is not a bug with the canning station nor this mod per se, as the effect seems to be lost as soon as a herbed meal is put into any type of inventory, even if nothing more is done to it. The effect is lost merely by dragging the meal into the canning station's inventory and dragging it back out, or doing the same with a sim's inventory or the fridge inventory. So it seems to be how EA has implemented the inventory system.
-- 7th Mar 2016
- Geostates for group serving plates are now preserved in rations. If you make a group serving, grab some individual plates such that the group plates looks half-full, then use that partially eaten group plate to make a ration, when the ration jar is opened and the group plate respawned, it should look half-full, not full. [mNumServingsLeft is now checked against Food.NumServingsLeftWhenAppearsHalfDepleted to explicitly set the spawned meal's geostate.]
- Ration jars in inventory should no longer all stack together when traveling. This was due to the stacking function checking both mCookingProcess.RecipeNameFinal and mData.Key even for rations (it should only check RecipeNameFinal), combined with EA's import/export system inserting an empty string into mData.Key instead of leaving it null when it's empty. These two conditions together resulted in rations jars stacking according to the empty string in mData.Key instead of RecipeNameFinal.
- Ginseng broth should now always give a "Warm Fuzzies" moodlet and remove the Germy moodlet if present, even if a second savegame was loaded without quitting the game completely. EA only registers the listener for the OnDoneEating event when a canning station is loaded, which could cause the event to go unnoticed if a canning station doesn't get loaded with every savegame (e.g. in a world where no one has a canning station, but to which sims can travel whilst carrying jars of broth.) The listener is now registered when the world loads. This is also the system by which the EA default "Yummy Jam" moodlet is triggered when a toast/scone of Nice or better quality is eaten. I've observed some inconsistencies in the presence of that moodlet as well while investigating the broth moodlets, so I suspect that it was affected too. That should also work correctly now.
-- 2nd Mar 2016
- Routing to the canning station jars has been tweaked again. [Adjusted RouteToObjectRadius, IIRC.]
- Making rations with group servings was reported to sometimes produce empty plates from which single servings could still be grabbed. The number of servings in the group plate would also be reset when the jar is opened (e.g. a group plate with 4 servings is made, 1 servings is grabbed from it, so that there are 3 servings left in the group plate; make a ration with the group plate, then open the ration jar, and the plate has 4 servings, instead of the correct 3.) This was due to CloneFood only distinguishing between single and group servings, without regard to the exact number of servings in the group. [ServingContainerGroup.mNumServingsLeft is now stored by the ration jar and used to set number of servings on respawned meals directly.]
- Sometimes the stack counter in the inventory (the number on the corner of thumbnails that shows how many items are in a stack) didn't decrement properly when ration jars are removed from their stack. This should no longer happen. [Something about being too aggressive in cleaning up and setting mCookingProcess from opened rations to null before they can be re-counted (and thus subtracted) by the stacking function...]
- This new version should no longer allow the basegame Mood-Lite candle to trigger CASt. [Forgot to update some references in the custom candle's VPXY, IIRC.]
- Wedding cakes and birthday cakes should no longer enable "Make Rations" at the canning station. This applies to whole cakes (even when cut) from the basegame or Baker's Station (these are the only cakes I'm aware of.) Individual cake slices, however, should be usable for rations without issues. [This is due to these cakes using WeddingCakeCookingProcess and CakeCookingProcess, which are not handled by "Make Rations".]
- Empty plates can no longer be used to make rations. The canning station's inventory still accepts them, but "Make Rations" will not be enabled.
-- 23rd Feb 2016
- Fixed routing bug with jars.