PDA

View Full Version : Center mouse wheel button and camera angle on Vista

SimMegaptera
20th Jan 2010, 11:38 PM
On Windows XP I can hold down the center mouse wheel button and move the mouse to rotate the camera angle. In Vista this doesn't work -- the center mouse button, when clicked, does the '3D Flip' where it takes all the windows and lines them up like files so that you can see them all at once. Even when I'm playing Sims 2, if I click that center button that's what happens. I can't change the camera angle.

I did find that in the Control Panel for Vista I can change the function of the center button. But if I change it to other things besides 3D Flip, it doesn't do anything in-game.

Which one is the magic setting that lets this button do what it's supposed to do in Sims 2 on Vista? Gonna go try a few more. There are an awful lot of these.

System specs: Acer Aspire 8730-6031 laptop with Vista Home Premium 64. Mouse is a USB (wired) Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000.

ellacharmed
21st Jan 2010, 1:54 AM
I'm guessing that 3D flip feature is a universal thing and applies to all programs, and Sims 2 don't have a mouse option like for graphics and sound (or is there, I can't remember) that you can set independently.

Are using the correct OS version driver specific for the mouse? If you have not installed a mouse driver separately, that would mean you're using the generic default Vista mouse driver.
Is there a suppress option on the Mouse interface settings for programs?

Esmeralda
21st Jan 2010, 9:53 AM
I had this same problem with The Sims 3 when I upgraded to Windows 7 (though I didn't have the problem in Vista, either with TS3 or TS2) - the middle mouse button no longer would let me rotate the camera. After much head-scratching, I found, as you did, that the middle mouse button was set to 3D Flip in the Windows control panel. I got it to function as it should in TS3 by changing that setting to Middle-Click. Hope that works for you too!

SimMegaptera
21st Jan 2010, 1:05 PM
EsmeraldaF, middle-click was it! Thanks!

Esmeralda
21st Jan 2010, 1:42 PM
Hooray, glad that worked!

FullM889
31st Dec 2014, 8:41 PM
Thanks guys