Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 31

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Social Groups (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=546)
-   -   What made your day today? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=348403)

lethifold 19th Jun 2009 7:14 AM

What made your day today?

I was shocked and appalled after sifting through the threads and not finding a thread in here about what made our days! So, to make everyone smile a little bit more, I decided to create one .

I had a very good day today.
First up, I couldn't sleep really early this morning, so I went onto the computer and my brother's friend was on MSN, so we started chatting and it ended up with us exchanging numbers :lovestruc . We've been texting back and forth all day as well.
Then, at school, I had heard about a few people in my year going out for dinner tomorrow night in a group thing, and I got an invitation! I'm really pumped for it, because it should be crazy awesome fun and the group of girls going is fantastic and I always have a good time when I'm around them. Now all I have to do is convince my mother to let me buy a new dress, and I'm all set!

What made your day?

straightroad 19th Jun 2009 7:21 AM

Awww, good for you PixCii. Do tell us more about this friend of your brothers aye..

What made my day..?
Well it's the WEEEKENNND! *spazzy dance* And I saw Cailie today and that made me smile all day

danirawr_SC 19th Jun 2009 10:00 AM

I got my tattoo touched up today, and my artist is so attractive. He has gorgeous eyes, and well..he does tattoos. He's a younger apprentice, so I believe he's around 22 years old.

He was really cute today, when I first went in he was nice and he seemed to enjoy it. But today he was talking to me more and asking about what I study at uni. It was nice <3

I intend on getting more tattoos so this means I get to go back and see him more ^_^

Squarah-chan 19th Jun 2009 5:12 PM

I had a good day because it's my first day after my exams =D Which will obviously cheer me up :D

And my boyfriend bought me a really cute beanie hat yesterday

Elice 19th Jun 2009 6:40 PM

What made my day was that tomorrow is my niece and nephew's birthday party, because me and my sisters are going to make/finish their cake

clw8 20th Jun 2009 4:44 AM

Well . . .

-I took my first ever "routine" drug testing today (for a job, not b/c I'm on drugs!) and I thought I'd be like all nervous and not be able to do it, but I was in and out within 10 min. total!

-I got news that I get my hair cut in a differnt style tomorrow at 11:30 . . . thank you! I'm going layer crazy. And, my mom also said that after my senior pics in another week, that I get to get my hair highlighted (maybe!) . . . just 2 months ago she said NO..!

-It's kinda corny or tomboyish of me, but "my" lawnmower got fixed today, and so for the first time I get to ride-mow the grass . . . yeah....I don't have any other sibs, so I have to do it a lot of the time . . . (it's a country person thing I guess, lol)

-And I didn't have to work tonight, which is great cuz Friday nights at work is like 'pull your hair out' crazy. . . but tomorrow night shall be no better!

-I managed to go to walmart & foodlion and not spend any money. Impressive on my behalf. No matter the store, I ALWAYS find something to buy . . . but not this time.

That's it, I think. Guess I just had a great day; really.

lethifold 20th Jun 2009 1:00 PM

It totally made my weekend, but I went to an awesome belly dancing party tonight. I was invited to a dinner tonight, but when that plan fell through I was crestfallen. Then, I got a call from a friend and she told me she was going to a belly dancing party, and she invited me along!
I spent three hours watching some amazing dancers and eating awesome food and just having a great night in general.

desimonkey442 20th Jun 2009 6:21 PM

I ordered a super cute pair of shoes today. Can't wait till they arrive

Elice 20th Jun 2009 7:14 PM

desimonky442: Oh, show me, show me (if you can).

Today's the birthday party, and the cake is almost done :lovestruc I'll post a picture if I can get one. My day is a happy one.

craziidaisii 20th Jun 2009 7:57 PM

I got Sims 3, and tomorrow is my birthday!!

desimonkey442 21st Jun 2009 5:07 AM

Elice- Here's a link to the page the shoes are on. I ordered them in red http://store.delias.com/item.do?ite...r=&brandFilter=

Elice 21st Jun 2009 5:18 AM

:lovestruc those are cute, not to sound like a suck up, but reds a wicked cool color, I'm not a fan of brown and I hate green

tree4me 21st Jun 2009 9:02 AM

The rest of my family are out, which means I am home alone! I've just come back from a kitchen raid. They'll be home with dinner really soon, and I'm probably going to regret it later, but it isn't every day I can do this!

Elice 21st Jun 2009 5:39 PM

tree4me: That kind of remind me of when I was eight. That was the first time I was home alone--I was a good kid, so there wasn't any problems--but I did nothing but run around the house, going into other peoples room and just turning the TV, and radio, up loud

desimonkey442: I just got a picture of the cake me and my sister (The one with out the kid) made, up.one two

desimonkey442 21st Jun 2009 6:26 PM

Elice- That cake looks so awesome! That is one lucky kid. I can't decorate a cake to save my life lol

schitzwa 21st Jun 2009 6:50 PM

Elice Thats an awesome cake, lucky kid..wish I could do stuff like that for my kids but I buy ready made from Asda!

Elice 21st Jun 2009 7:20 PM

Thank you, we just got into making cakes on his second birthday (he's going to be three tomorrow). It actually started on my sister's (the one who had him) birthday, we made her a heart cake, because her birthday is feb 14. I like designing things and my--other--sister likes to bake, so we kind of merged our mind together instead of buying premade.

The true reason is because Meijers and Costcos, the places we used to buy from, started to use icing that tasted horrible on all of their cakes. I think it was butter cream, but I'm not even sure. So we bought some cake mix (Betty Crocker, Pillsbury dough boy, and another I can't remember) and made our own with Jiffy icing. It tasted so good and was fun to do, so now it kind of stuck. Not to mention it's cheaper then the cakes sold

Here's the first cake we made for him (one two three four) I found the cake shape direction in a cook book when I went to the dentist; It was a backyardigan theme, do you guys have that show in your countries (I'm American) I heard some people didn't. He really loves that show though

schitzwa 21st Jun 2009 7:48 PM

I have heard of the backyardigan's although I don't think its very popular. With my kids its all about the Night Garden. Thats another great cake, very colourful..I love the little fishes...ooooh I think you may have just inspired me to bake my kids birthday cakes! I have 5 months to practice..an iggle piggle head would do nicely! XD

Elice 21st Jun 2009 8:43 PM

Oh, you should totally do it, it's so fun. You can even start off easy and buy the cake molds

if it's hard to find one, you can always print out a picture (preferably big). I made a Tinkerbell cake for my bother's girlfriend and it looked similar to the one above. Just bake a normal square cake, cut out the picture, and then cut it out on the cake--like a stencil or something.

zauberlinda12 29th Jun 2009 1:21 AM

What made my day today: That the heat wave we've been having finally broke and it was a gorgeous, non-humid, blue sky - sunny day!

Rabid 29th Jun 2009 1:58 AM

Got my driver's license and went for my first solo drive with the top down and the Journey blaring. It was lovely, and I had a high time having a private karaoke session in the car . "Open Arms" is such good karaoke material.

zauberlinda12 29th Jun 2009 1:59 AM

Congratulations Rabid! You will never forget this day.

Rabid 29th Jun 2009 2:05 AM

Thanks ! I've been wanting to sing in the car forever, but I would never, ever do it unless I was alone, so it was nice to finally have the opportunity. The only singing I ever do is ridiculous karaoke when I'm SURE that I'm alone.

I saw The Proposal today, too, which also made my day. It was so cute and funny! I have a newfound love for Ryan Reynolds and his impressive comedic talent (and impressive naked body :P).

zauberlinda12 29th Jun 2009 2:07 AM

That movie looks funny. I'll have to check it out. Have you seen UP by Pixar yet? That was a great movie and another great day!

Beata125 29th Jun 2009 6:43 PM

Throwing grass with my friend at a boy that loves her. (She doesn't love him)

lethifold 29th Jun 2009 11:07 PM

I just baked and wrapped 8 very chocolatey muffins up in a box for my friend's birthday. They're all neat and cute with a big bow on top of the box, and she's a total chocoholic, so the Lindt chocolate I used inside them, as well as the Lindt chocolate buttons I put on top should suffice.

Oh, aaaaand, the bit that I'm really excited about...
I got tickets to the premiere of the new Harry Potter movie!!!

Dreamydre 1st Jul 2009 6:37 AM

Went to Six Flags in Atlanta, Georgia for three days with my church. It was a youth trip, and it was pretty damn fun, those rides were crazy, especially "The Superman". We're doing our family vacation at Hersey Park, Pennsylvania this year. Also my sister and I decided we wanted to be vegetarians after we saw this huge truck that had pigs in the back, they were all bunched up in a giant cage and I'm sure they didn't have any room in their. It made us feel bad, it's weird how one thing can change your life forever. So anyway we're trying to be vegetarians now, and so far so good.

daluved1 1st Jul 2009 6:38 AM

I got my hair done today!

NintendoLover13 1st Jul 2009 6:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
I got my hair done today!

I bought the American Idol Season 8 CD!!! GO ADAM!!! Well, yesterday I did...

mitzymoo589 2nd Jul 2009 9:17 PM

No homework :D

DollyRot 3rd Jul 2009 9:45 AM

I found a vintage red Givenchy tie and a mens Yves Saint Laurent dinner coat.

MondayMorning 6th Jul 2009 4:14 AM

I finished my day of work and got to come home to some nummy pork roast.

danirawr_SC 6th Jul 2009 4:45 AM

I bought all 5 seasons of Alias on ebay for a steal :D

jelkir1 6th Jul 2009 5:43 PM

I found out that someone who i thought hated me doesn't hate me, but actually likes me.

lethifold 7th Jul 2009 3:46 AM

I'm finally well enough to go on the computer! I've been so sick the past five days that I haven't been able to sit up long enough to go on the computer, but now I'm feeling fine. Just in time for the holidays as well .

Rabid 7th Jul 2009 4:32 AM

That sounds terrible, PixCii, but at least it was timely. Have I told you how much I love your signature, by the way? Just when I thought I was the only person on the face of the earth that loved Koop .

I was home alone all day today and it was wonderful. I'm leaving for California with my family in a week and we'll be gone for almost two weeks, so I'm soaking up all of the alone time that I can, because I sure as hell won't be getting any of it out there. Fortunately, I got my brother turned on to Heroes and we'll be watching that when we're not out and about. He wanted to watch Dexter, but getting my way made my day :D.

Lightofmine 7th Jul 2009 10:17 PM

Ahh what made my day..
I went to the mall (newly renovated woot!) and found Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban ps2 game used for $4. That and the weather today is perfect! All I need is the beach in my backyard...sigh.

I'm new here..Hii! :D

Elice 8th Jul 2009 9:06 AM

oh my god, the ultimate find!!A cure for short people!!! though I'm not short.

NightmareCandle 8th Jul 2009 9:07 AM

What made my day? Well, since it's 2:00 in the morning, I think posting on here, lol, Elice and ktbcca and Gangreless rule.

minus. 9th Jul 2009 7:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jelkir1
I found out that someone who i thought hated me doesn't hate me, but actually likes me.

How I wish something like that happened to me...:P

anyway, I found out that an old friend still has feelings for me. and I had a great time today :D

jelkir1 9th Jul 2009 8:44 PM

welcome lightofmine! :D
Elice, looking at that link has made me feel compleatly sick *ew* I would rather be short than have an operation!
Minus, it wasn't anyone exciting, just one of the immature idiots in my form that I believe are called 12 and 13 year old boys

Dreamydre 10th Jul 2009 5:10 AM

My little sister mailing me a card all the way from Oregon :-)

NightmareCandle 10th Jul 2009 5:11 AM

My cat going out of heat, huzzah!

lethifold 15th Jul 2009 8:05 AM

I had a great day, even though I was up really early for holidays.
Sooo, I woke up, then checked my phone and I was in super duper panic mode because my friend hadn't gotten back to me about seeing a movie with me today, and my only other option was my brother. So I was upset this morning, then as I was running out the door my phone rang, and my friend told me she was okay and she could come to the movies.

Anyway, we went to the movies and there was a MASSIVE line (as in, more than 150m from the entrance of the cinema), but everyone in line still had to get their tickets whereas I already had my ticket. So my friend and I went in and our tickets had been for unbelievable seats, and so I had fantastic seats for the premiere of the new Harry Potter movie :D.

After that I went shopping with my friend and a girl who I never really got along with, but after spending the day with her we've started getting along really, really well. While I was shopping I found an amazing pair of heels for a really great price, so I'm going to buy those next time I'm in town as well.

THEN, I got a text from someone and they were inviting me to their place tonight, and so I'm sleeping over at their house tonight. Just before I was leaving town to go home my friend was all "Oh, we can give you a lift home, you don't need to catch the bus!" which meant I got home 30 minutes earlier which was great seeing as I had a raging headache, which, thanks to my paracetamol, is now gone.

Camila187 15th Jul 2009 8:08 AM

Oh wow.

What made my day today? Hmm...I have no idea. I think my dog learning to FINALLY sit down when I tell her to, and also she stopped -ahem- farting so much.

I think also texting my friend, Alyssa, for the first time in days.

lethifold 18th Jul 2009 2:33 AM

My brother just got home from being in town and he bought me a new book . He went with my mum and dad but they're still out, and mum bought me a gorgeous top which I've been eyeing in Witchery for ages.

Dreamydre 18th Jul 2009 8:13 AM

Hanging out with old friends, I never knew how much I missed Oregon :-)

minus. 20th Jul 2009 7:14 PM

the whole day was perfect :]

stygia2002 22nd Jul 2009 2:40 AM

I love that ^^^

My son called me this morning just to shoot the breeze. Totally made my day!

Dreamydre 24th Jul 2009 7:11 AM

My mom and I were in Beverly Hills today and we saw Ashton fucking Kutcher, my first celebrity sighting! Gah, I love Cali more and more each day. Gosh, I have poor quality pic on my cell. I'm gonna upload it on Facebook :DD

Camila187 24th Jul 2009 8:04 AM

My fiancee waking me up and giving me breakfast in bed. ^.^
I had a great day. Though that was yesterday...-Sigh-...

NightmareCandle 24th Jul 2009 8:06 AM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW How sweet!!

Gangreless 24th Jul 2009 9:07 AM

You tell him you're knocked up, yet?

NightmareCandle 24th Jul 2009 9:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Camila187
I am yawning, as it's 3:00 in the morning.
My fiancee is still shocked about my pregnancy...I told him that days ago, though

Does it look like she did?

Gangreless 24th Jul 2009 9:14 AM

I didn't read that far back

NightmareCandle 24th Jul 2009 9:15 AM

It's in "What are you doing right now"

Gangreless 24th Jul 2009 9:18 AM

well I didn't read that far back in that thread then

NightmareCandle 24th Jul 2009 9:19 AM

Okay then.

*smurfs*

Gangreless 24th Jul 2009 9:22 AM

NightmareCandle 24th Jul 2009 9:23 AM

*smurfs at Pink*

meggie272 24th Jul 2009 2:04 PM

Erum, this sounds weird but I was talking about a boy that I met that I really miss, and my friend just turned to me and said, "Sounds like you're in love with him."

For some reason that made me feel happy :P

stygia2002 24th Jul 2009 2:07 PM

Well, it's early yet, but waking up to my cat sitting on me purring made me happy.

NightmareCandle 24th Jul 2009 2:51 PM

It's only 7!
I think you're in my same time zone...You're in Colorado...Above meh...

What made my day? Nothing so far..

stygia2002 25th Jul 2009 3:28 AM

Yep we're in the same zone...7 am isn't far enough into the day for me to say something has made my day...usually. I'd only been up a little over an hour. But it's evening now so I can say the cat was as good as it got. Husband's being a butthead...I need the little voodoo dollie from Sims 1.

NightmareCandle 25th Jul 2009 5:27 AM

I've never used TS1...

What made my day was when I woke up an hour ago, my kitty Kitty Jane was cuddled up under my blankets with me ^.^

stygia2002 26th Jul 2009 2:00 AM

My oldest son came over and spent the day with me today...totally made my day!

desimonkey442 26th Jul 2009 2:29 AM

I saw the new Harry Potter movie with one of my best friends who I don't get to see very often

lethifold 26th Jul 2009 2:32 AM

My cup of tea.

zauberlinda12 26th Jul 2009 2:43 AM

Spending 2 wonderful hours at the hair dresser getting my first ever highlights (partial foil - love them!) and a great haircut (that I also love). Ahhhhhhhh

stygia2002 26th Jul 2009 4:24 AM

Nothing feels as awesome as a good hair day...

Dreamydre 26th Jul 2009 4:55 AM

Planning the family vacation destination. My mom, sister, dad's fiancee and my little sister and I want to go to Europe (maybe Belgium I've never been their). But my dad and older two sisters wanna go to Hersey Park, Pennsylvania (bleh).

xemptybrkneyesx 26th Jul 2009 4:56 AM

Letting my dog run around outside for an hour and seeing how happy it made her
And being allowed to walk on my ankle that's been broken for eight weeks.

NightmareCandle 26th Jul 2009 5:12 AM

What made my day?
Being able to lay in bed, out of the way, while Dad yelled his head off about getting laid every 6 months. -.-

KyleTheArtist 26th Jul 2009 5:30 AM

Hubby being very cuddly, playful and caring all day.

NightmareCandle 26th Jul 2009 5:31 AM

lethifold 26th Jul 2009 5:53 AM

Being invited to see a movie by a guy I've been crushing on for aaaages :lovestruc

NightmareCandle 26th Jul 2009 6:21 AM

Luuuucky.

DollyRot 26th Jul 2009 7:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
Hubby being very cuddly, playful and caring all day.

Same.

NightmareCandle 26th Jul 2009 7:33 AM

*peets*
You're married?

DollyRot 26th Jul 2009 7:36 AM

No not I'm not married, I'm only 17. But occasionally I call my boyfriend of a year and a half, hubby.

NightmareCandle 26th Jul 2009 8:07 AM

Oops.

daluved1 26th Jul 2009 8:12 AM

Having "the monthly" start today. It's a GREAT relief

Dreamydre 26th Jul 2009 8:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Having "the monthly" start today. It's a GREAT relief

lol a relief?

Gangreless 26th Jul 2009 8:31 AM

It's a relief if you thought you might be knocked up.

Dreamydre 26th Jul 2009 8:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
It's a relief if you thought you might be knocked up.

I was thinking about that, ha.

daluved1 26th Jul 2009 8:33 AM

Mmhmm! No time for "parasites"

Dreamydre 26th Jul 2009 8:38 AM

omggah its not a parasite!!

Gangreless 26th Jul 2009 8:42 AM

I refer you to my previous post... *goes to look for it*

Gangreless 26th Jul 2009 8:45 AM

Quote:
how about "parasite propagating itself within the host body, feeding off the blood and tissues of the host. It draws energy and life from the host, all the while growing larger and stronger, taking up more and more room, causing the host's organs to shift and bend to its needs. Then, when the parasite has grown too large for the host to contain it, it rips open the host's narrow passage into the outside world, leaving the host dizzied and disoriented, scarred forever from the brutal passing. "

Quote:
Also, I didn't say kids were parasites.. I said that thing attaching itself to your body, feeding off your flesh was a parasite... and it is.
Quote:
I'm not even getting into an argument over whether kids are parasites, but strictly speaking, once you cut the cord, it ceases to be a parasite. Unfortunately, it then becomes a psychic vampire, draining all your energy and will to live.

qft

Dreamydre 26th Jul 2009 8:52 AM

Well...Fetus Parasites won't stay in their forever.

NightmareCandle 26th Jul 2009 12:46 PM

They turn into cute things.
Then...
*dramatic pause*

They turn 2.

PharaohHound 26th Jul 2009 2:37 PM

The sun is finally out after four days of more or less continuous rain Some summer this is turning out to be!

NightmareCandle 26th Jul 2009 4:43 PM

I want rain.
*moves to Canada*

Camila187 26th Jul 2009 5:37 PM

What made my day today?
I guess...Hmm.
Waking up in my fiancee's arms.

stygia2002 26th Jul 2009 5:42 PM

Nothing yet...I'm annoyed today.

Camila187 26th Jul 2009 5:46 PM

What's got you annoyed, stygia?

daluved1 26th Jul 2009 5:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
The sun is finally out after four days of more or less continuous rain Some summer this is turning out to be!

I WISH it would rain over here. We're in a serious drought...like most of the swampland and marshes have dried up. And if you drive through the farm lands, you'll see acres and acres of dried up crops =/

Camila187 26th Jul 2009 5:50 PM

You sound like you live in Florida. Been there before.

daluved1 26th Jul 2009 5:52 PM

Nope! Louisiana

Camila187 26th Jul 2009 5:53 PM

Cool, I just proved you don't live on a boat.