Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 4

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Social Groups (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=546)
-   -   Welcome to the darkness!!!! (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=314927)

Vampire_aninyosaloh 14th Jan 2009 6:35 PM

Welcome to the darkness!!!!

Hi!
I'm aninyosaloh, but my real name is Nina. Welcome to my group!!
Do you have gothic sims in your game????

Vampire_of_Death 14th Jan 2009 11:04 PM

Yep, I have lots. I will try to get some picture up!

Vampire_aninyosaloh 15th Jan 2009 2:58 PM

That's cool!! Almost all my teens are gothic and most of my adults are too!

Nymphy 15th Jan 2009 6:43 PM

Well I got invited so joined to this little group ^^ Hello!

Vampire_aninyosaloh 15th Jan 2009 7:19 PM

Hi Nymphy! I love your creations, but above all... your hairs!

Noogie666 16th Jan 2009 3:34 AM

Hi there!
Do you guys mind if I join this group .

star_gusser 16th Jan 2009 9:22 AM

Hey thanks for inviting me to join!
Since were all a happy, dandy family now I thought I'd let you know that soon I'll be uploading a new gothic set for AF. Similar to my Gothic Tea Party one, only a hell of a lot better since I know how to texture properly now. Hehe. Also, this set is rather modest...that's right, I'm actually uploading something that isn't smutty. It must be a sign of the apocalypse.

xamyx

ZombieJill 16th Jan 2009 7:22 PM

^^ Cool, star_gusser~ ♥
I gots invited, too, so I figured I ought to join!

All my sims in-game are alternative. Not necissarly full-fledged goth, but definitely alternative. >_> In complete contrast to my own style but, whatever.

Someone should make a picture-posting thread so we can spam our lovelies.

Alternative Rock 16th Jan 2009 7:48 PM

Hey all, never thought i would get invited into here.. didn't think i was that popular. XD

and in answer to your question, Yes i do, many.. Cyber goth, punk, victorian... but i do have the "normal" sims aswell. lol

Serena_Moonstone 17th Jan 2009 12:20 PM

Hi, thanks for inviting me, I guess you guys liked the lolita dress

Vampire_aninyosaloh 17th Jan 2009 5:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi! I've uploaded three images of some of my gothic sims. Two of them are a bit little, but I think that you can see them...

ZombieJill 19th Jan 2009 4:31 PM

Your sims are awesome, Aninyosaloh!

I'm thinking of uploading a bit set of my make-ups minus the nose part. I think that'd be edits of four sets, one that was only posted over at GoS. Would anyone be interested? I have two sets up on GoS already, but I might upload them all here...

star_gusser 20th Jan 2009 4:15 AM

Always interested in more make-up zombiejill. Your girl sim in the middle pic is very pretty Nina! Is she our group avatar?

Vampire_aninyosaloh 20th Jan 2009 5:04 PM

Yep! I tried to upload her but she was rejected...

star_gusser 21st Jan 2009 4:36 AM

Well that sucks. Its ok though. We all get stuff rejected. Hmmm, was she using a maxis template face? Also, sims are more likely to be accepted if you make a lot of their custom content yourself; like original skintones and makeup etc.

xamyx

Vampire_aninyosaloh 23rd Jan 2009 3:07 PM

Yep! That's right... The next time i'll upload a sim more... MINE! Thanks!! :D

Corsetcrush 23rd Jan 2009 6:29 PM

I have a LOT as well (pictures follow, but let me know if they need to be turned into links). Thank you Aninyosaloh for making this group. I have seen a lot of gothic stuff and Sims on Mod for a long time, but now we have somewhere to meet & greet! :D

I would really love to see and hear about other people's gothic sims, their stories and whatnot.

Sebastian & Donna Voories (brother and sister)

Self Sim

The Roulettes of my Gothic town Death's Edge

Mother & Child

The Gravestones

The paper boy & Mystery Sim (her actual name)

Lilith Pleasant of Pleasantview

Lilith Pleasant of Riverblossom Hills (can you tell I like Lilith?)

Guess Who #1

Guess Who #2

Guess Who #3

Vampire_aninyosaloh 24th Jan 2009 10:54 AM

Hey!! Your sims are really good Corsetcrush! Thanks for joining my group... And I would like to know, where are you all from?? I mean everybody who is in the group... it's just curiosity

Corsetcrush 24th Jan 2009 1:27 PM

I'm from Washington State in the USA. :D

star_gusser 24th Jan 2009 3:10 PM

Australia . I can see the kangaroos (Yes, I'm actually being serious here, they come every evening, and its 5 PM where I am ) grazing in my 'backyard' (I live on acreage) from my room right now. Yay for laptops!

x a m y x

Vampire_aninyosaloh 24th Jan 2009 4:41 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Australia!! That's really far...
By the way Amy, I've created some sims with your dresses... Here are the pictures, I hope you like them...

ZombieJill 24th Jan 2009 8:36 PM

Corsetcrush, I'm from Washington, as well~! What part of the state? ^_^ I'm in the Seattle area.

Vampire_aninyosaloh 24th Jan 2009 9:40 PM

From Washington State!! There is where is Forks... I don't know if you have read Twilight...

Hardy boyz 25th Jan 2009 1:51 PM

Ah yes. I have gothic sims in my game as well
But just for some days ago I had to blow my harddrive, so now I have non... Time to remake some of my old ones *yeay*

//HB

Corsetcrush 25th Jan 2009 4:51 PM

ZombieJill- I'm in Wenatchee, but I was born in Ellensburg and lived there until I was 14 (I just turned 30 in Oct. EEK!)

Aninyosaloh- No I haven't read that yet, don't hardly know anything about it. I've been too busy with Sims! Been trying to get a good group of modders together for remaking older Sims stuff (mostly Sims 1) at my SimNation Modding Collective group. I have to say that I'm really excited that I have almost half of the Sims 1 tombstones done. However, I feel like most of the time I'm spending time snagging screenshots for everyone else and then being left with very little meshing time.
So what is Forks? Person, place, or thing? :D

Vampire_aninyosaloh 25th Jan 2009 6:07 PM

Place... I think is near Seattle...

Corsetcrush 26th Jan 2009 1:08 PM

Yup, It's right outside of the Olympic National Forest. (I checked on Google maps)

I really like Anne Rice a lot, the characters are rather complicated and the stories aren't severely gory. I like the perspective on vampires more of a psychological game than monsters (even thought they are important sometimes). The thing I think that fascinates me the most is essentially one lifetime having the possibility of lasting for eternity. There is also the undeniable sensual and elegant qualities to vampires that really isn't found in society anymore. Maybe it just depends on the vampires you like, I lean very heavily towards the Victorian influenced ones.

Vampire_aninyosaloh 26th Jan 2009 7:20 PM

I've got one Anne Rice's book: "Interview with the vampire", I'm going to read it on Summer... Is it good??

Vampire_aninyosaloh 27th Jan 2009 4:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here I have my Goth Twins (I love your dresses Amy...)

Corsetcrush 27th Jan 2009 6:28 PM

I really loved Interview, but you have to have The Vampire Lestat to follow it! :D

Vampire_aninyosaloh 27th Jan 2009 8:16 PM

Thanks!!

star_gusser 28th Jan 2009 12:05 AM

lol. Thankyou. I cannot tell you how weird that is seeing it in a game other than mine. :P

Vampire_aninyosaloh 28th Jan 2009 8:07 PM

Really?? I've never seen my creations in other people's game...

star_gusser 29th Jan 2009 2:53 AM

It'll happen soon enough.

Serena_Moonstone 29th Jan 2009 3:54 AM

I wanted to let everyone know that I have uploaded another goth outfit. This one was an IMVU redo as well.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=316564

Vampire_aninyosaloh 30th Jan 2009 10:53 AM

Now... my life is empty... I can't upload anything!!
I have an upload restriction, and in creators feedback they have said me that I have to post there several times before the restriction is got off...
What will be of the World without my creations?!?!?!?

<=== And now my vampire isn't happy... (she looks like she was happy, but she is NOT)

Serena_Moonstone 30th Jan 2009 5:25 PM

that's a bummer, what happened?

Vampire_aninyosaloh 30th Jan 2009 5:42 PM

I have 8 posts approbed and 15 rejected...
But... I don't know why the last ones were rejected...

Serena_Moonstone 31st Jan 2009 3:13 AM

wow I didn't know you can get in trouble from getting rejected too much.

Serena_Moonstone 31st Jan 2009 3:14 AM

They usually send you a pm telling you why it wasn't approved

Serena_Moonstone 31st Jan 2009 3:15 AM

Well I hope you have bettr luck next time u try and upload.

star_gusser 31st Jan 2009 6:13 AM

Wow. Oh hun. What keeps getting rejected? Maybe I can help you understand why.

Vampire_aninyosaloh 31st Jan 2009 12:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The last ones that were rejected were these:

Vampire_aninyosaloh 31st Jan 2009 12:17 PM

The first three were rejected because they "need a bit more work", and the fourth one, is a sims, and they said me that she's not unique and "General - Does not meet Creator Guideline requirements", but I've read it and I don't think so...

Vampire_aninyosaloh 31st Jan 2009 7:37 PM

Hey!!! Serena, I love your pot "winged wishes" lol, it's awesome!!!! What is its function???
You haven't said me where are you from...

Vampire_aninyosaloh 31st Jan 2009 7:52 PM

Does anyone know when changes this that is under the name (I mean "test subject", "lab asistant"...)??

Serena_Moonstone 1st Feb 2009 12:56 AM

I'm from Minnesota, the pot is just kinda an art thing, kinda a place to put wishes I guess. I'm probably re-doing my webpage soon.

Serena_Moonstone 1st Feb 2009 12:57 AM

I think you get to change your title whan you get featured or win a contest. I'm not completly sure on this one.

star_gusser 1st Feb 2009 6:58 AM

The title under you name is based on many things, how long you've been a member, picked items, featured items, whether you donate to the site or not. You don't get to change it unless you have a special privilege - such as being a moderator.

With your rejected items (get prepared for detailed constructive criticism): First, MTS2 has a hell of a lot of eyes. And now they only upload ones which are incredibly well made or very unique (see here, here, here and here for examples.) . Your most likely problem there is that there are already a lot of 'cat' eyes made by people. Hence the site does not need more of them and weeds out as many as they can. If you want them to be uploaded I would try adding shadows and black around the edges to create more depth, also I'd make some more recolors and center the iris because it looks like it's placed a little bit to the left. I'm thinking of writing an eye painting by hand tutorial for photoshop sometime soon...

Now, with the lipstick, the main reason for rejection I see there is that the colors have too much contrast (or light to dark ratio), you can see that in the left corner of the lips - there is a shadow that doesn't appear on the right side. But that can be easily fixed in photoshop. Also with the lips, while we want the colors to be dark and bold because it's gothic, they are a bit too 'blocky'. Meaning that the alpha (or the black and white file in bodyshop after you export it and open it in adobe photoshop) is wrong. What the vast majority of custom lipstick has now is a a slightly transparent alpha around the outer edges of the lips so that it can blend with any skin tone. Take a look at Bruno's set here, see how the lipstick doesn't cover the whole lips and fades towards the edges? That's because of the transparent alpha. And take a look at this because the picture shows how it blends with every skintone. And don't forget that lips have natural lines and creases so you can paint them in for added affect. You can see some good use of that here and here. Finally, lips are more likely to be uploaded if it is something original that no one has seen before. Just look here and at our very own zj's work here. So just play around with your lipstick set a bit and keep those points in mind - color, contrast, alpha and originality and it will be uploaded in no time.

Personally, I think the hair is fine and that you did a great job on it, I want it. But MTS2 is much pickier than me so I'll tell you what you can change to get it uploaded. The only issue is that you have made the stripes go in completely vertical lines, and while that would look awesome, it's not physically possible. See how the hair has waves in it? You should make the stripes follow those waves, just look at dyed hair in real life. Or you can take a look here or here . In fact, look at all of nymphy's hairs. She does an excellent job on recolors. And if you have nothing else to do you can always add more texture to the hair or re-texture it to make it your own design.

And finally, with your sim; what MTS2 means when they say it looks general is that it looks like a maxis template face. MTS2 is pretty damn exclusive about what sims they accept, especially adult female sims, if really any part of your sims face looks like maxis made it they won't upload it. If you want her uploaded she will need a face lift. I would have read of this. Here's a quote by HP regarding sim uploading
Quote:
Raised Standards for "Sims - Other": Our New Standards: In light of the fact that the "Sims - Other" category has more sims than any other category of sims on this site, and the fact that anyone is capable of making a pretty sim, we have no choice but to hold uploaders to extremely high standards for this category. About Pretty Sims: With over 2000 "Other" sims already uploaded to MTS2, we already have every possible combination of sliders for pretty model sims. We do not need any more basic pretty model sims unless they are extremely unique. We would rather have sims that look more like real people, less than perfect and gorgeous, than yet another pretty sim! Unique Faces: Your sim must not only represent a genuine effort to create a unique and different face sculpt, but must be truly interesting and compelling... something that is unlike sims that have been seen before, and gives downloaders a reason to choose yours over the 2000+ random sims we already have. Getting Accepted: Do not be surprised if your sim uploaded here gets rejected for a bland face sculpt! Effective immediately, it will be rare for sims submitted to this section to be accepted! You are HIGHLY encouraged to use our Creator Feedback forum to improve your sim before uploading, as that will help you create a more unique face sculpt. However, using Creator Feedback is no guarantee that your sim will be accepted. Please don't be offended or insulted if your sim gets rejected - you are not alone! Even moderators get rejected sometimes! Go back to Body Shop and play with their face some more. Post in Creator Feedback with pictures. Improve your sims and work on creating something truly unique.
So yeah, don't expect your sims to be accepted unless they are UNIQUE as all hell. For examples, see here and all of zj's models, in particular, this one.

Ok, sorry. I know that rant was incredibly long and harsh and way too detailed, but I hope it helps you understand lots of things about MTS2 upload requirements and takes away all that confusion. And hey, you're still new. Your work can only get better from here and I expect some great creations from you in the future.

x a m y x

Vampire_aninyosaloh 1st Feb 2009 11:52 AM

Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate a lot what you have done for me and the time you've spend with this... I'm so happy having you in my group...

Vampire_aninyosaloh 1st Feb 2009 11:55 AM

My garden is white!!!! It has been snowing for all the night!!! I can't go out of my home... that's a pitty! I will have to play the sims 2 for aaaaall the day...

star_gusser 1st Feb 2009 12:27 PM

That's ok. I'm happy I could help. I thought I'd provide a detailed alternative to MTS2's rejection notices. OMG! Snow!!!!!!!!1!!1one

Vampire_aninyosaloh 1st Feb 2009 3:58 PM

How many hours are between Australia and Spain???

Vampire_aninyosaloh 1st Feb 2009 4:14 PM

Now I'm a lab assistant!!!!!!

Vampire_aninyosaloh 1st Feb 2009 7:54 PM

Do I speak English very bad??? Because if I do, anyone of you can tell me...

Serena_Moonstone 1st Feb 2009 11:33 PM

I think you type english just fine

Vampire_of_Death 2nd Feb 2009 1:25 AM

Hey, I am from Pennsylvania in the USA. Also, the name under your avatar is affected by how mny post that you type.

Vampy

star_gusser 2nd Feb 2009 6:36 AM

I haven't a clue how many hours between Australia and Spain. I've never been to Spain. And you speak English very well. I thought it was your first language. Congrats on becoming a lab assistant. I hope my typing isn't too bad here; just got my acrylic nails redone and they're longer than usual...ah well.

x a m y x

AnimalMad 2nd Feb 2009 3:31 PM

Hello, sorry i have been a member for a few days, but forgot to post! I am from rainy England, but it has just started snowing here. I love the hair that you made (the one that was rejected)

Vampire_aninyosaloh 2nd Feb 2009 6:55 PM

There are a lot of people from the USA!!!! I've been to NYC when I was 15, and if I can go to the university I want, I will come back this Summer or the next one...
And my first language is Spanish... (but thank you for thinking that...). Do anyone know something of Spanish???

Vampire_aninyosaloh 2nd Feb 2009 6:57 PM

alfie_boots, you don't appear like a member of the group... Are you sure you've joined it????

AnimalMad 2nd Feb 2009 8:44 PM

i think so, i just checked and it is appearing on my page

Vampire_aninyosaloh 2nd Feb 2009 8:50 PM

Now I can see it too...

star_gusser 3rd Feb 2009 8:22 AM

My first language is English, but I have learned German, Indonesian and Italian. It can get confusing and I've forgotten some of it all....

x a m y x

Vampire_aninyosaloh 3rd Feb 2009 2:27 PM

I speak Spanish, English and French... (how is Indonesian???)

AnimalMad 3rd Feb 2009 6:12 PM

I speak a little greek, I know french and english (of course)

Vampire_aninyosaloh 3rd Feb 2009 6:42 PM

Do you speak Greek??? That's cool!!

star_gusser 4th Feb 2009 12:09 AM

Indonesian was surprisingly easy to learn. English is just damn rediculous when compared to other languages. It's so complicated.

Vampire_aninyosaloh 4th Feb 2009 5:04 PM

The most important language for your life is Simlish!!!

GuardStud08 5th Feb 2009 2:15 AM

Hello Everyone. My name is TJ. I have about 5 Gothic teen females in my game. They remind me of my friends, reason I made them. I just like the gothic dress and hairstyles :lovestruc

Vampire_aninyosaloh 5th Feb 2009 2:28 PM

Hi! Welcome to the group!!

Vampire_aninyosaloh 5th Feb 2009 6:59 PM

You can post images of them here or at vampy's thread...

Corsetcrush 6th Feb 2009 2:33 PM

Just wanted to stop in and wave hello to everyone. I've been a lot more busy than I'm used to and now I've got a very bad cold (can't sleep because my throat hurts so much.)

Aninyosaloh- I know that even for me it's intimidating on how picky Mod is on what is and isn't allowed by the 'creator guidelines' and the interpretation of what that means. Mod wasn't always so highly picky about what's uploaded, and I can understand that they have to pay for all the server space and whatnot. But it still tends to feel like it's a lot harder to meet their approval. I have told my husband before that there is some of the stuff that I've done for myself (a clothing set for one) that I didn't think was 'Mod worthy' because I didn't photo skin a completely new texture on the Maxis clothes. Pretty much I took the fancy wedding dress from Celebration Stuff (the white one with the pointy bodice and the color strip in back) and made the dress black and did a ton of different colors for the back part (hot pink, neon green, or radioactive yellow anyone?) And then of course I wanted matching colors for the guy's tux... and then both in all ages... I probably would have finished the set (it's at least 3/4th done) but because I didn't completely redo everything from scratch it feels like it's just not good enough.

But after every expansion or stuff pack there are people who upload the new clothes for all ages (with NO visible changes other than that), or very vague color differences for new objects, and they seem to get through just fine.

I even have a few lots that I'm rather proud of that I'd think about uploading but since I'm not the world's most amazing lot builder that's off the list too. Even one of my lots that I did upload I had to 'finish landscaping the bare spot' (approx. 5x8 patch) that I had intentionally left that way.

I guess most of all I'm trying to say that even the people who have been upload stuff that people download (people have downloaded close to 60,000 of my stuff, wow!) it's not a bump free road. Star_gusser had a lot of good suggestions, so keep trying and learning!

Vampire_aninyosaloh 6th Feb 2009 8:29 PM

Now that I know where are most of you from... I'd like to now how old are you all?? I'm turning 18 the next week...

Corsetcrush 6th Feb 2009 11:32 PM

I turned 30 in Oct.

star_gusser 7th Feb 2009 12:44 AM

I'm 17 currently, 18 in June.

Serena_Moonstone 7th Feb 2009 4:24 AM

I turned 22 last November

Serena_Moonstone 7th Feb 2009 4:27 AM

not to get totally off subject, but I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in gothic recolors of the Apartment Life Dreaming of Olde bed? It would be a whole bedroom set actually.

Corsetcrush 7th Feb 2009 6:53 AM

**Points to her downloads**

The Dreaming of Olde bed is Maxis' version of the Sims 1 Makin' Magic bed. The vines on the headboard and the foot board on their version are flat (and looks very odd to me) but my version I actually meshed the vines, and I have the single bed size too!

(sorry for the shameless plug, but I thought I'd point out the info.)

star_gusser 7th Feb 2009 7:34 AM

Grr...I just put the finishing touches on two outfits for my new set Gothic set for AF, I want to make a third before I upload it and the tonne of recolors that go with it and I've completely blanked. Ugh! I hate that....

Vampire_aninyosaloh 7th Feb 2009 11:53 AM

You know I love your outfits, and I think you will have some good idea... but if you don't... you can always upload it only with two outfits, and upload a new set when you had the third...

Serena_Moonstone 8th Feb 2009 1:05 AM

olde bed

I actually notice how similar the maxis one was to yours (which was done way b4 maxis made one). I thought it was strange how similar the bed sheer was, its almost as if maxis saw yours and copied it. But I'm just strange I'm always thinking everything is a conspiracy or something.

Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
**Points to her downloads**

The Dreaming of Olde bed is Maxis' version of the Sims 1 Makin' Magic bed. The vines on the headboard and the foot board on their version are flat (and looks very odd to me) but my version I actually meshed the vines, and I have the single bed size too!

(sorry for the shameless plug, but I thought I'd point out the info.)

star_gusser 8th Feb 2009 2:11 AM

Thanks Nina, but I wouldn't want to do anything half-assed and only upload two... I think it needs at least three to be called a set. Not that it matters anymore though I had a random burst of inspiration and found an idea for a third outfit!!! Yay!

x a m y x

Corsetcrush 8th Feb 2009 3:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Serena_Moonstone
I actually notice how similar the maxis one was to yours (which was done way b4 maxis made one). I thought it was strange how similar the bed sheer was, its almost as if maxis saw yours and copied it. But I'm just strange I'm always thinking everything is a conspiracy or something.

This is my mesh (silver) and their mesh w/ the alpha (black) in Milkshape.
Here is my original reference pic that I had to completely stretch out of proportion that took me about a half hour or so to get it right.

Erie coincidence? My personal opinion is that I think not. EAxis has been know to highly mimic other free Sims 2 content although nothing is comming to mind at the moment. Of course in my perticular case the irony goes even further that my original bed was a 'mimic' of theirs! Either way I find it funny (although I find their bed inferior) and a quiet compliment. With the mesh totaling near 15,000-16,000 Downloads (there was about 12,000 before I updated the mesh for base game) you'd think someone at Maxis would notice.

Before I made the bed I thought for a long time about doing the foot board just the way that they did, but I decided that for me personally it was the cheap way of doing it so that's why it was meshed, even though it rose the poly count by a lot. Also my leaf and right side of the vines is different, theirs is not when it should be.

star_gusser 8th Feb 2009 4:32 AM

Corsetcrush I think EA is stalking you....but in all seriousness that is mesh ridiculously similar to yours. One would think that they would give you credits somewhere in the game.

x a m y x

Corsetcrush 8th Feb 2009 10:17 AM

According to them, they most likely see it as them doing me a favor by building the game in the first place.

I think EA has a god complex, they sure act like it.

Vampire_aninyosaloh 8th Feb 2009 10:48 AM

I think your bed is better than EA's one...
But I donĀ“t know, you could write to them and ask...

star_gusser 8th Feb 2009 11:08 AM

Yay. Third outfit finished! Hmmm...How do you post pictures in this thread?! I'll put some up if I can figure it out.

x a m y x

Vampire_aninyosaloh 8th Feb 2009 11:32 AM

I post them by clicking "go advanced", and then, in "manage attachments"... I said you that you would have an idea!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Corsetcrush 8th Feb 2009 1:00 PM

I usually upload my pics to my photobucket account and post the link with the [ IMG]Picaddress.com[ /IMG] minus the spaces after the [

Vampire_aninyosaloh 8th Feb 2009 1:15 PM

I only have uploaded to photobucket the picture with my policy... I prefer the other option, but all are good!

Serena_Moonstone 8th Feb 2009 4:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
According to them, they most likely see it as them doing me a favor by building the game in the first place.

I think EA has a god complex, they sure act like it.

They totally do. I was so annoyed that their newer meshes (for example the new witch outfits) are weird and very hard to recolor, or re-use the texture. They made it easy for people to mod the sims 2, then got mad later that they did. I suppose I shouldn't complain, Maxis might read this, lol.

star_gusser 9th Feb 2009 4:24 AM

Thanks guys! I'll try it out later when I can be bothered loading the game or body shop and taking pics.

x a m y x

star_gusser 9th Feb 2009 6:05 AM

Here are some progress pics of the new set, please excuse the bad quality and the fact they're taken in bodyshop. Obviously, there is still a tonne of work to do and I have to tweak them to my liking, clean it up, add side seams, do recolours, variations etc. Anyway, lemme know what you think here guys, comments, critique especially. Also, I assure you I didn't pay anything for that donation hair in the pic, so ignore it.

x a m y x

Vampire_aninyosaloh 9th Feb 2009 5:50 PM

I love them!! Above all the second one... Can I make you a suggestion??? It's only that I'd like them more if they had tights or something like that... but I don't know, maybe you like them more like this, and they are all yours so you can do with them all that you want...
And about the hair... I only will say you that I believe you!!!

Corsetcrush 9th Feb 2009 5:59 PM

It amazes me that people figure out how to do clothes. It's definitely beyond me. Even yesterday I was trying to do a recolor of the lemonade stand and it was driving me batty that I couldn't fix the UVmap because there is ONE piece in the wrong place so I couldn't make a pic on the lower front bigger. Sure, I could have moved it, but then I might as well make a new object with a new mesh, and if it's a new mesh anyways why not make it look significantly better... A never ending process.

At least when I make meshes, I try very hard to make them easily recolorable knowing that people WILL want to recolor the stuff they have.

The clothes look great! I like them a lot. (I also really like that hair too.) It really boggles me of how you can get so much detail into the clothes with the meshes you have to work from ( I have seen some UGLY meshes.)

I do have a wee bit of a question about the last one though. If there are the tabs sticking out in the front from the busk, is there a reason there is no lacing in the back? My name should be a bit of a clue that I know a microscopic bit about corsets...

I like them all but I think the middle one is my favorite. Although she looks like she could use some sheer thigh high lace topped stockings, but that's just me I think.

star_gusser 9th Feb 2009 10:10 PM

Thanks guys, and don't worry, these are just the 'raw' versions, I make these first before I make the rest so I don't get people going "Can you make a version without the tights?" because it's a hell of a lot harder removing stuff than it is adding it.

Corset crush, yeah, the lacing looks a tad odd on that one, it originally wasn't like that, but then I noticed that the mesh has a tiny almost unnoticeable flat panel covering the chest, and it didn't look right at all so I added some lace. The corsets were photo skinned a rearranged a bit off about five of my own corsets (I know something about them too) and one of my corsets has lace at the front like that, and the rest of it is sewn into the boning so you can only see it from the front. It's an odd design but I like it, it's where I got that idea from. Same with that third one, how it doesn't have the laces at the back, that's one of my imitation corsets that just looks pretty.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

x a m y x

xdEaDbLoOdx 10th Feb 2009 2:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by star_gusser
Thanks guys, and don't worry, these are just the 'raw' versions, I make these first before I make the rest so I don't get people going "Can you make a version without the tights?" because it's a hell of a lot harder removing stuff than it is adding it.

Corset crush, yeah, the lacing looks a tad odd on that one, it originally wasn't like that, but then I noticed that the mesh has a tiny almost unnoticeable flat panel covering the chest, and it didn't look right at all so I added some lace. The corsets were photo skinned a rearranged a bit off about five of my own corsets (I know something about them too) and one of my corsets has lace at the front like that, and the rest of it is sewn into the boning so you can only see it from the front. It's an odd design but I like it, it's where I got that idea from. Same with that third one, how it doesn't have the laces at the back, that's one of my imitation corsets that just looks pretty.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

x a m y x

Not to be pushy but, about when will those be done? They're all adorable. I can't wait to download them ^.^

star_gusser 10th Feb 2009 4:36 AM

Quote:
Not to be pushy but, about when will those be done? They're all adorable. I can't wait to download them ^.^

Why thankyou. It's hard to tell, I'll probably submit them in the next couple of days (I still have to do more stuff and maybe make some more outfits for the set, I'm kind of a perfectionist, then I have to take pictures etc) Then they have to wait in moderation at MTS2 to be approved, and that can take up to three days......soooo maybe they'll be up in a week?

Also Corsetcrush I forgot to mention earlier that I completely agree on the whole meshes thing. I attempted meshing once and failed miserably, so thank god for people like you who are good at meshing and make it easier. I swear EA makes meshes more and more complicated with each expansion pack. Ugh. Not just that, other peoples meshes just infuriate me sometimes, in particular rose's clothing meshes and Augstin's hair meshes, don't get me wrong I love their stuff but, damn. It makes recoloring a bitch and a half. And thank you for saying my textures are detailed, but it's way easier to do than it looks.

x a m y x

Vampire_aninyosaloh 10th Feb 2009 3:00 PM

Welcome to the group xdEaDbLoOdx!! Are you the one that liked my shadows??