Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=580)
-   -   Rest In Peace BBB (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=401949)

wintermuteai1 6th May 2010 12:23 AM

Rest In Peace BBB

Quite some time ago I wrote to beosboxboy and never got a response. Now I know why. Many of you know he was in and out of the hospital.
I received a message from Ekaterina Dmitrovna in my inbox from BBB's account letting me know Yakov passed away in March of this year. A great talented person has passed from this world into the next. Rest in Peace and God Bless you Yakov and your family. Condolences from all of us.

joninmobile 6th May 2010 4:42 PM

Oh that's so very sad! My heart goes out to his family and close friends. He was very talented. He will be greatly missed. I gave love on the first post, to show my love for him and his family.

Ghost sdoj 6th May 2010 5:05 PM

Yes, the whole community has suffered a great loss.

innocenteyes 6th May 2010 5:01 PM

I didnt know that! I am so sad to hear that. He was a great creator and will be greatly missed.

Esmeralda 6th May 2010 5:07 PM

Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear that. I enjoyed having loads of his creations in my TS2 game and found him very talented. My sincerest sympathy and condolences to his family.

sparrow_from_planet_astos 6th May 2010 6:15 PM

i'm sorry for the loss.may he find happiness wherever he is...

Inge Jones 6th May 2010 6:51 PM

Always sad to lose one of our community.

crocobaura 6th May 2010 8:57 PM

That's very sad news. May he rest in peace.

ScottyToledo 6th May 2010 9:10 PM

Oh lord, I had no idea. A lot of people know that I had a falling out with Yakov last year. And right now I am in tears. I never wanted this to happen. I am so sorry Yakov. I will miss you very much. Your humor, your wit, your way with words. You will always be well loved within the Sims community. Goodbye Yakov. Rest in Peace.

Julie J 6th May 2010 9:55 PM

That's very sad news indeed - RIP Yakov you will be sorely missed

DLMulsow 6th May 2010 9:58 PM

With great respects to his talent and wit, my condolences to his family and friends.

nextor_mutant 6th May 2010 10:54 PM

An awesome creator & really nice person, that made our game a better & cool one with all of his creations! He will be surely making the difference whetever his energy goes! Namaste to Yakov!

joninmobile 6th May 2010 11:07 PM

It makes me wonder if something happened to me, if anyone in the sims community would be notified, I don't have any way to keep in touch with them other than yahoo messenger. Sorry if that sounds selfish in light of what happened, but it's been something that had been bothering me for a long time, and it's always in the back of my mind. This just reminds me of it even more.

Timman 7th May 2010 12:15 AM

Rest in Peace, Yakov! You will be deeply missed!

Prince Tim @ GSC!

JDFrankFan 7th May 2010 1:15 AM

Speechless

Wow... I'm without words and taken completely surprised by this news. Yakov and I became very close quite a few years back and we talked daily for a quite awhile, but unfortunately slowly drifted apart around the time of the GSC fallout and eventually quit talking all together. Now I really wish I would have made much more an effort to reconnect with him, I'm just in total shock. I've always missed him and will continue to miss him and also send my condolences to all of his family and friends.

mobysgirl 7th May 2010 2:43 AM

Once again our community has lost a wonderfully gifted artist, and once more I am at a loss for words to express the sorrow that I feel for our loss. His creations were amongst my favorites and helped make my game better. Rest in peace friend, for you will be sorely missed.

Debbie

AdmiralDefiant 7th May 2010 3:45 AM

Wow. I had no idea that this had happened. That's really tragic.

We will all miss you, Yakov. Rest in peace.

Ginnie 7th May 2010 4:58 AM

My sympathy to his friends and family. I've seen his creations, and thought he was very gifted. The community has lost another great artist. Ginnie

homerettethefirst 7th May 2010 7:25 AM

My condolences to those closest to him. I know how hard it is to watch someone slip away from you. He was a highly talented person with a forceful personality and a passionate soul. Whether I agreed or disagreed with his methods or messages, I always respected that passion. I hope he has found his perfect version of peace at last.

puppetfish 7th May 2010 8:04 AM

This is so sad! He has been such a wonderful part of the Sims Community that no one will ever be able to replace! My heart and prayers go out to his loved ones in this time of grief, and I so very hope that they will know how much he will be missed!

tralaladida 7th May 2010 8:39 AM

I'm in tears as I read this. I did not know Yakov personally but I did know of him and his struggles. His talent, along with Marvine's gave birth to all of the different bodyshapes we now take for granted as a given in Sims 2. His slim bodybuilder still graces the form of my male sims. He will be missed.

My condolences to his friends and family.

LeilaAisha 7th May 2010 10:58 AM

I'm deeply shocked...Rest in peace, Yakov...

JillianWong 7th May 2010 11:17 AM

This is very sad Beos was a very gifted creator. He will be deeply missed my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Bananas8338 7th May 2010 11:29 AM

I admire Beosboxboy for his talent and am very sad to hear of this loss. May he rest in peace.

NixNivis 7th May 2010 11:56 AM

I am so very sad to hear this; Beos was an incredibly talented creator and nobody will ever be able to fill the void he leaves behind. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

zolabee 7th May 2010 12:30 PM

He was an amazing person. I liked him very much although I didn't always agree with him. Very sorry he is gone!

lamammaforever 7th May 2010 12:46 PM

This is not unexpected but still sad. Life is very hard when the health is not by your side and he fighted until he had the force. I know that his many friends helped him and his family as well, at least he was not alone, however this is a very very sad thread.
As said above and as we all know, he was deeply passionate, in the bad and in the good, and a great talent. Good bye Yakov, you will never be forgotten.

BloomsBase 7th May 2010 1:42 PM

His fight has ended,
- -R.I.P Yakov- -

BlooM

appelsapgodin 7th May 2010 1:53 PM

Sad to hear this. May BeosBoxBoy live on in our games. He still makes mine a better one.

fear2 7th May 2010 2:00 PM

it's so sad.. the sims community lost one of it's best artist.. I'm very sad to hear this..

pureheart 7th May 2010 2:15 PM

Beos gifted us with his amazing creations; I will think of him always whenever I play my game. My heart goes out to his family and friends for their loss of someone special.

lewisb40 7th May 2010 3:09 PM

I am deeply sadden with news of this great loss in the sims community. Beosboxboy was one of the reasons I joined InSim, loved his and Marvine's creations. My thoughts and prayers go out to Marvine and his family.

raynuss 7th May 2010 4:21 PM

I am so saddened to hear about Yakov’s passing. I was one of his many fans…he was a very talented and witty person. I had been following his progress and the last I heard, he was recuperating. The Sim’s Community has lost a great creator and artist. He will be missed.

jacciinatl 7th May 2010 4:50 PM

I'm in tears here and I regret never being able to get back in touch with him. I feel for his family and and all the ones that held him dear. It's such a shock because I thought that he was getting better, may he find peace and tranquility while he rests.
R.I.P. BBB, love Jacci

kkkayleighh 7th May 2010 6:06 PM

This is a very sad thing, however no matter how sad it is for us, it must be multiple times as sad for his friends and family. I hope that they are able to find peace in his death. His suffering is over now.

sons of scotland 7th May 2010 7:46 PM

I am deeply saddened by this news. I hope you find the peace you deserve Yakov.

Lizzy220 7th May 2010 8:40 PM

I have many of Yakov's creations in my game, he was very talented. Sending my deepest condolences to his friends and family. What a great loss to all of us in the Sims world.

FranH 7th May 2010 8:57 PM

Beosboxboy did fight the good fight. He will be missed. I had read his partner's postings at their own downloads site, and it had not been updated for a few months-I'd been wondering how he was doing.
Sad to know he's gone.

freesimmy21 7th May 2010 8:56 PM

He may be gone from this Earth, but will live on through his contributions to the Sims community. Rest in peace, Yakov.

jooxis 7th May 2010 9:21 PM

That's really sad
RIP

ivan17 7th May 2010 9:28 PM

Rest in peace.

ThatScaryChick 8th May 2010 1:44 AM

I just heard about his passing and my heart goes out to his family and friends.

natebrightmore 8th May 2010 2:01 AM

Dear Beos, may your smile have been welcomed by the Lord and His hightest angels...
We'll miss you surely.
I hope you find your way for the next life and you may keep blessin' people with this power of yours.
With you in my prayers.

boolpropbea 8th May 2010 2:31 AM

My heart goes out to his family and friends, IRL, as well as online. Rest in peace.

Shedagurl 8th May 2010 3:33 AM

His creations were wonderful, and a talent like his will be sorely missed in the Sims community. My condolences to his family and friends.

Chaavik 8th May 2010 3:38 AM

Rest in peace, Mr Yakov. I hope he had gone on to a new frontier and to a new life where he is free and happy.

This has come to me as a shock because he had been the motivation and passion for all of the Athletic Girl/Guy meshes and clothes he shared with Marvine on IS and ISA.

I will miss you a lot for what you did for the community in whole.

bpeachee 8th May 2010 3:52 AM

His creations were and still are one of a kind and unique. There will never be another like him or any other Sim mod creations like his. Those of who are creators and users have lost a GREAT Talent. Fare Well Yakov. May the hand of God touch your family and give them strength, peace, and comfort.. Amen

wiseguy2004 8th May 2010 5:07 AM

My goodness... I've been away from the community for awhile - I had read some time ago of his illness on his Male Order Bride site, but I thought his health was improving...

I too am in tears to think we've lost such a creative talent as BBB. There are SO many of his wonderful creations in my downloads, many I've never actually used, but couldn't stand to part with as they make the game so much more realistic.

R.I.P., Yakov - You will be sorely missed by many, me included...

hotrod50s 8th May 2010 6:06 AM

it is hard enough imagining playing the game without what he started,and inspired,but going into the sim community knowing he will no longer be a part of it all and not be around to hear the praise he is getting is indeed saddening.

R.I.P.Beosboxboy I join the masses that will miss you and your contributions

J. M. Pescado 8th May 2010 7:23 AM

Apparently, he's not really dead, merely watching movies on his Hulu. Seems his deadness paperwork hasn't arrived yet.

lamammaforever 8th May 2010 7:38 AM

Pes, this is one of those case I hope that the fake is true but if it's true, well, no words. RIP in any case, maybe this is his wish.

hotrod50s 8th May 2010 3:28 PM

I for one hope what jmp said is true,it isn't like he goes around saying something is fake unless he really believes it,only time will tell,never been to Hulu seems like Mr. Pescado knows something we don't,nothing new there it he speaks true I hope we all get the news from BBB himself.

I have learned a long time ago if JMP says it you may should take it into consideration so far he has always been right

candy00girl 8th May 2010 4:32 PM

Wow. This so unexpected. I loved his work and was a rabid fan of his blogs back when I was an avid simmer, and his work on sims 2 body shapes. The whole body builder project was the reason I joined InSim.
This saddens me deeply. I never knew him before and now I never will. RIP Beosboxboy

buggybooz 8th May 2010 4:46 PM

I think this is a serious case of deadness. I didn't know him but I do hope that he is more at peace now. He is quite special in the community in that he left behind people that would chronicle his demise. 99.9% of the community simply disappear and I would bet some of them died too.

mamxnb 8th May 2010 6:41 PM

he will be missed in the sims world very much, he made so many great things for our game, he will be missed im sure.

Aliwag 8th May 2010 11:09 PM

Recent posts (now removed) at Male Order Bride stated that he has received citizenship and medical insurance and could now go for the operations he needed.

If Yakov truly has passed away then that saddens me greatly however if it's just the name and cyber-persona of beosboxboy that he's laid to rest, as he did state he would (but the post in which he stated that has now been removed at Male Order Bride) then it's pretty chuffed-up to let people draw the wrong conclusion

davidballardjr 9th May 2010 1:21 AM

I didn't know Yakov personally but I did download a good amount of what he created. He was a great creator and my prayers go out to his family.

Deeney 9th May 2010 2:33 AM

Wow, bit of a shock, always enjoyed his work. As appelsapgodin said his work lives on in our games.

Enjoy your reward B, endless time enjoying the things you love.

Kathwynn 9th May 2010 3:37 AM

dead or not.. I know that more than his few of work made it into my games.. I wish you well Yakov wherever you are....

missmarplev2 9th May 2010 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermuteai1
Quite some time ago I wrote to beosboxboy and never got a response. Now I know why. Many of you know he was in and out of the hospital.
I received a message from Ekaterina Dmitrovna in my inbox from BBB's account letting me know Yakov passed away in March of this year. A great talented person has passed from this world into the next. Rest in Peace and God Bless you Yakov and your family. Condolences from all of us.

I find this troubling, really troubling; You are sure that he has actually died, I am not meaning offence and maybe its grief talking, we all deal with things in our own way I guess, but are you sure?

The ramifications of this claim and its wrong will be harrowing for all concerned, the ripples are already extending beyond the scope of the internet and are being felt in the real time.

So please before I allow myself to grieve for a beloved gentle man, I would like to know how you know as it is my understanding that Ekaterina Dmitrovna is not that familiar with the world of sims and its people.

I am don't mean to cause offence or any trouble, I just want don't want to say goodbye to him if its not the case.

appelsapgodin 9th May 2010 8:41 PM

I agree with missmarple, so I PM-ed the OP to ask if he/she could clear this up and maybe post/quote the original email.

Liza495 9th May 2010 9:08 PM

I read a thread about BBB over at Insimenator, on him having passed away. It'd be decent to remember that he was in bad health. This isn't fake.

I for one know that Numenor highly respected BBB's great work for the Sims 2 community, which he (Numenor) helped me to discover better in 2009.

missmarplev2 9th May 2010 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza495
I read a thread about BBB over at Insimenator, on him having passed away. It'd be decent to remember that he was in bad health. This isn't fake.

I for one know that Numenor highly respected BBB's great work for the Sims 2 community, which he (Numenor) helped me to discover better in 2009.

Oh I do hope that I am not showing any indecency in what I am asking, it is only that there are so many threads and posts appearing about this kind and well respected soul, that I would not like to think that what has been posted about him is in anyway wrong.

This is a human being we are all discussing and it is worrying to think that a misinterpreted communication could lead to something like this being announced.

All am I asking for is conformation from the source, or to be pointed in the direction of the original post. I do hope that is not to much to ask and once again I am sorry if I am causing any form of offence, I just want to be sure.

Angel 10th May 2010 2:13 AM

He was a very talented creator and will be very missed. My thoughts go out to his family.

wintermuteai1 10th May 2010 2:48 AM

@appelsapgodin and others:

Here is a screenshot of the message in my inbox:

poi_boi 10th May 2010 3:46 AM

Rest in peace Yakov, you were taken too young.
The sims community won't be the same without you.
I'll miss your humor and your creative inspiration.
My thoughts go out to your family and friends.

J. M. Pescado 10th May 2010 8:28 AM

Look, if he's really dead, how the hell is a dead guy still watching movies? Did Hell recently get an Internet connection?

Liza495 10th May 2010 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmarplev2
Oh I do hope that I am not showing any indecency in what I am asking, it is only that there are so many threads and posts appearing about this kind and well respected soul, that I would not like to think that what has been posted about him is in anyway wrong.

This is a human being we are all discussing and it is worrying to think that a misinterpreted communication could lead to something like this being announced.

All am I asking for is conformation from the source, or to be pointed in the direction of the original post. I do hope that is not to much to ask and once again I am sorry if I am causing any form of offence, I just want to be sure.

Sorry but confirmation from OP wouldn't come from me. Secondly a family and relatives of anyone got the legal right to keep private some details.

I wouldn't like this thread to end up as a mess. But whoever one single Sims 2 creator or contributor was or still is; might he or she have been debated on the known drama issue, when he or she suffers of a disease or got hard times in his or her private life, RESPECT prevails.

Again I discovered BBB's stuff thanks to Numenor and Numenor knows as it's from PMs from here, modthesims.

No way for me to put down anyone. I never was in touch with BBB. Might he be dead or very bad health, respect needs to be shown.

appelsapgodin 10th May 2010 11:28 AM

@ wintermute: thank you.

@ Pescado: I guess we all hope that if we die Hell, Heaven or Purgatory has an internet connection. It is very well possible that maybe his siblings or so use his Hulu account.

We can never get this confirmed completely, but I at least believe in the sincerity of Paden's post on Insim, and Wintermute here. So wherever Beosboxboy is, it is a loss for the community that he is no longer here.

Liza495 10th May 2010 12:12 PM

For me I won't post here anymore. It's cooler at Blackpearlsims and Insimenator. There's no debate on somebody suffering physically or even mentally. It'd be insane to talk about sombody suffering. That's it. I don't know BBB again, I guess that many downloaders or even CC creators even did. Pes' comment is controversial. So for me I don't post here anymore. RIP to Yakov if that is and to all the rest on Yakov's reputation or private life, now way for me to debate. I have my own private life and also had a mother severely suffering of a disease. So I know what respect is even if some people suffering of a disease and such might be hard to live with, but that is then in RL - yay not on the Internetz, Pes... OK ? A little decence and BTW one can very well have the right to leave himself or herself left as dead over the Net. Who would complain ? We're free. OK, debate closed for me. I'm going to lunch and it isn't polite in my country to talk about death or money while having lunch or any meal.

Inge Jones 10th May 2010 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza495
For me I won't post here anymore. It's cooler at Blackpearlsims and Insimenator.

It's also cooler to just stop posting, instead of making a childish dramatic declaration about it.

gobot101 10th May 2010 1:57 PM

There is a new post by Engelchan on Beosboxboy's blog.

Here is a very rough translation:

That takes the biscuit ...
From the so-called Sims community, I am so accustomed to something.
Because lies are common, as is interfered in other people's things, as is hunted and reviled like crazy. Mostly without knowing the facts and without questioning.
What I was very shocked at first, I am able to ignore now.
But to have to read on various Sims sites that my beloved friend had died in March ... that beats the drum from the floor!
Totzusagen someone, without giving precise question whether or not to be 100% sure, that's probably hardly surpassed in taste.
The stomach had I not help reading as some comments on these various pages Sims turned only once.
And the author of this same should be ashamed of in the land.
Yakov is my friend and he is close to my heart.
If he dies, I will weep for him and grieve for him. And no one can imagine in the slightest how much.
But just before then and not a minute before!

In this sense:

trust, look, whom!

PS: regarding any questions, PN's, emails or otherwise, Yakov's condition, I will ignore and not respond.

Petra / engelchen

Tamarind 10th May 2010 10:11 PM

Setting the Record Straight...and Other Things

I have thought long and hard about posting this. Especially as Engelchen and I have been through so much distress over this weekend over this whole ‘Yakov is Dead’ thing. But looking at the posts from those who genuinely care for the man, as we do, I felt I had to speak up. Neither Engelchen nor I is arrogant enough to believe that we were the only people he spoke to or shared friendship with and know that many others are affected by his illness and pain.

At this point in time Yakov is not dead.

However, I can assure you, Pes, that he is in NO FIT STATE to be watching DVDs. Nor is he in a place where he can do so.

He is critically ill in hospital, a source of great worry and stress for those friends and family that love him. He has been in poor condition for some months now and although he has been too unwell to speak to either myself, Engelchen or any of the other friends he communicates regularly with, we have had frequent communication with his closest friend, known to those of you that frequent Male Order and All4sims as Monshanjik.

I had in fact spoken to Monshanjik on Thursday night and had notification on Yakov’s health which had already caused me considerable upset.

So you can imagine the fact that Petra was waiting online for me, in pieces of pain and distress at all of this was a considerable shock and the rest of the weekend has been completely surreal.

Reading ‘obituaries’ for a friend who is not yet dead.....the picture comes to my mind of vultures following a dying man.

For many of the comments I have read this is certainly an unfair analogy as many of them have been exactly what you would want to read for a friend you had lost. Praise for his talent, his wit, his twisted mix of kindness and abrasiveness. An appreciation that make it easy to love Yakov. His ability to make you laugh one minute and want to hit him the next.

Magenta is wrong in thinking Petra is bitching. She’s hurting like hell over all of this. But while there have been many wonderful and sweet comments not all have been like that.

There have been some that have sickening in their...ok here is where I will make comments that will make me unpopular on a few sim sites and I am sure there will be much bitching about me for what I am going to say.....

There has been a lot of stuff that has sickened me to my stomach.
Scotty Toledo...How very sweet of you to ‘posthumously’ reinstate his account. The thought in my head is ‘two faced sanctimonious pratt’.

Pes....your triumphant waving of his usage of Hulu? You seem to pride yourself on your intelligence. He shared a house with friends and the all watched these videos. Actually he opened the account during a bad bout of illness last year and I know Monshanjik still uses it. A man of your supposed intelligence could have worked that out.

Magenta, Ekaterina is a girl’s name and Ekaterina is one of Yakov’s sisters. Yakov has a large family. None of us can quite work out where the email came from though. We are still trying to get to the source of that. Who really sent it? As you have all known in the past many account in the sims world have been hacked into.

Some of the snittier comments asked why we, his friends, had not spoken out? Or why Engelchen is angry? Well if you can’t work that out there is no hope for you in the humanity stakes. We have been too stunned and upset to comment. I was literally speechless.

We spent a surreal weekend reading the comments and comforting each other. In spite of the fact that he is not yet dead we were touched by the expression of care and respect, as I am sure all of his other friends were. Because we know he has many people in this community that genuinely like and care about him for all his sometimes abrasive nature.

But among it all there has also been bitchiness and snideness and downright two faced crap from people we know have been in conflict with him in the past and that has, to coin a Scottish phrase, ‘stuck in our craw’. That’s why Engelchen is upset and why I am going against my better judgement to post this.

So here are the facts as I know them.
1. As of last night Yakov was not dead.
2. We have no clue who sent this PM.
3. He is not watching Hulu videos.

I guess thats all

aka Starfire

Lorry 10th May 2010 11:03 PM

This is very sad news, my deepest condolences to his family.

Rest in Peace BBB

perihelion 11th May 2010 12:40 AM

If he's not dead, maybe he just has a fucked-in-the-head sister.

J. M. Pescado 11th May 2010 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarind
At this point in time Yakov is not dead.
And there you have it. He ain't dead. Rumors of his death have been exaggerated. Case closed.

HystericalParoxysm 11th May 2010 9:37 AM

Oh, teh dramaz. I can't say that I'm terribly surprised that it was fake and stirs up dramedy.

Popcorn, anyone?

Julie J 11th May 2010 6:34 PM

If this was fake if it is why would anyone do that??
Nevertheless I didn't really know just spoke to him a couple of times on InSIM
He (is/was) a truly great creator and improved our games considerably with the Bodybuilder shapes as well as other great creations.

skye 11th May 2010 6:57 PM

Now wait a minute. Beos is NOT dead? So why would people do this?

HystericalParoxysm 11th May 2010 6:58 PM

People will stir up drama about -anything- in this community. This wouldn't be the first fake(d) death we've seen.

skye 11th May 2010 7:03 PM

That is so stupid. Why would someone get the community all upset, just to get them upset?

moune999 11th May 2010 7:11 PM

HP just said why: For the drama.

Any more popcorn, by the way?

jooxis 11th May 2010 8:22 PM

I don't understand at whom the anger is aimed at though - the OP did nothing wrong, as far as I see. Nor have we.

joninmobile 12th May 2010 12:10 AM

I'll be praying for him, I know this is hard, even if he isn't dead, he is still in critical condition according to tamarind, and no one seems to be concerned about that. I only hope that he does get to feeling better soon. I also think it's not something to be made light of, or joke around about, like some of you have been doing. You should have respect for people who are seriously ill, after all it could be one of your loved ones, or even you one day that is seriously ill.

ChaoticNeutral 12th May 2010 2:21 AM

*puts Tamarind's post on passiveaggressivenotes.com*

SlayerAngel90 12th May 2010 3:14 AM

Tamarind I can't imagine the pain you're going through right now. If one of my family members was as sick as Yakov is it would be agony. But what you need to know is that none of us were being cruel and we weren't doing anything wrong. We all cared about him and felt for him, despite everything. Even when he said he hoped that we died of ass cancer, everyone still cared about him and wanted the best for him.

And in my opinion there isn't any reason why you or anyone else should be angry with the people who were mourning. A friend of mine cried her eyes out for hours when she heard that Beos had passed. Whom you should be angry with is whomever went into his account and told the op that Yakov had passed. And nobody made "snitty" comments until Engelchen made that post that came off as she was blaming us. Don't blame anyone except for whomever told that to the op.

And we had legitimate reasons to believe the news was true. He is very ill and it was announced that he didn't have much long to live. When I read on InsimAdult before Walt and the revolution is that he had malignant cysts on his pancreas, which is a condition that very little people will survive. The news was believable, that's why we believed it. And how could we not take it at face value? Nobody came around to contradict the news until now and there were no other ways we could do our homework. This is the internet, it's really hard to investigate into things like that.

I hope this didn't come off as a jab because I have nothing but the deepest sympathy for you. Like I said I cannot comprehend the pain you and your family is going through. I just don't think it's fair to be angry with the community when we had nothing but love and caring for Yakov. I only wish the best for all of you and for him because nobody deserves to suffer the way he does. I guess I'm only a little bitter that it seems like we the community are being blamed when we didn't do a thing wrong. We are all on your side. I only wish you'd know that.

SynapticSim 12th May 2010 8:04 PM

I'd prefer not to really get into the drama, however, I have it on good authority that Yakov indeed is alive. He is in the hospital, and is still battling the disease that he has been battling for so long. I don't want to speak for him. But, I don't think his Hulu status is relevant. And the quote that was posted about "his papers" not having arrived yet, is part of the dark humor that I've known Yakov to have for many years.

I received an email from someone who has been in contact with his housemates, the people he actually lives with and would see on a daily basis, and they have confirmed that he is alive, though he is still in poor health.

I'm not going to speculate as to who this person was that sent the private message from his MTS account. I'm just very sorry that this kind of miscommunication got spread around. No hard feelings at all towards Wintermuteai1, who I believe had their heart in the right place when delivering that news.

Yakov has been a dear friend to me for many years, and I was deeply saddened at the prospect of his death. I am overjoyed in receiving this news that he is alive. I have also been so touched by the comments that have been posted.

~ Syn

ayshara 15th May 2010 1:49 AM

I think it is absolutely disgusting that someone would fake a message like that...and I must say I'm a little taken aback that this is somehow supposed to be expected in this community...

I mean, honestly, even the most incredible amount of DRAMA does not justify spreading the rumour that someone is DEAD...

Elyasis 15th May 2010 9:10 AM

How sick that someone would do that.

freesimmy21 20th May 2010 5:32 AM

*shakes head* Why would someone fake something like that...?

But it's good to hear he actually is still alive! I will be praying for him and his loved ones nonetheless.

fthomas 23rd May 2010 7:47 PM

I'm confused? Is BBB okay?

fraroc 30th Jun 2010 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthomas
I'm confused? Is BBB okay?

He's alive, but in this point in time he's very sick.

jodemilo 1st Jul 2010 2:53 AM

When I saw the top of this thread, I thought... OMG.... surely not! But breathed a sigh of relief when I skipped to the end.

Just this evening I was redownloading one of the male sims he made and made available on the Insiminator forum - I have two of his sims in my game and they're beautiful and have become two of my favorite men.

Anyway, that's fantasy, but this is reality. All I can say is that I wish him the great strength to recover from his illness.

Kabuto 22nd Jul 2013 8:33 AM

Finally it seems it wasn't fake.

BeOSBoxBoy accounts weren't update or didn't get activity since 2010.

http://www.facebook.com/yakov.izakyn (hmmm... I'm not totally sure)
http://beosboxboy.deviantart.com/
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/BeOSBoxBoy
http://www.blogger.com/profile/09159957507986377396
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...on=profile;u=63

It's a long time ago but I can't forget him.

Mootilda 22nd Jul 2013 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninmobile
It makes me wonder if something happened to me, if anyone in the sims community would be notified, I don't have any way to keep in touch with them other than yahoo messenger. Sorry if that sounds selfish in light of what happened, but it's been something that had been bothering me for a long time, and it's always in the back of my mind. This just reminds me of it even more.
I was thinking the same thing. I've asked my real-life friend Quatchi to tell people if something happens to me. If Pescado (or anyone else) argues, please believe Quatchi, since he is in a position to know (and would never joke about something so serious).