Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 9:15 PM
Default Problems launching the game
I have The Sims Medieval and the Pirates & Nobles adventure pack on disc. I was able to successfully launch the base game without accepting the prompt to update that the launcher gave me. When I tried to have both the base game and the adventure pack, every time I tried to launch the game the launcher would close but nothing would happen and if I tried to launch the game again it would tell me that it was already running. Has anyone had this problem? I suspect it will either have to do with the expansion itself or the update I need to install. OS is Windows 10.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 2:56 PM
I know this is an old thread but for any future people stumbling in... Have you tried launching from the TSM.exe instead of the launcher? This is how I got the game to work both base game and with the Pirates and Nobles pack (accepted update during install) with just some minor/annoying graphical glitches. Admittedly, I am using Linux (with WINE using Windows 10 mode), but if anything is different with my laptop running Win10 I'll update again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MidnightAuro
I know this is an old thread but for any future people stumbling in... Have you tried launching from the TSM.exe instead of the launcher? This is how I got the game to work both base game and with the Pirates and Nobles pack (accepted update during install) with just some minor/annoying graphical glitches. Admittedly, I am using Linux (with WINE using Windows 10 mode), but if anything is different with my laptop running Win10 I'll update again.

Thanks for your answer but it seems like the problem persists. Nothing opens when I try to launching directly from the exe.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 9:38 AM
You need to update the game.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 4:29 PM
I have the launcher set up to run as administrator--maybe it won't help you but I think it's a good idea in general. The game is installed in Program Files (x86) and that folder can sometimes have permissions issues. Go to your install folder then go to game > bin and right-click the launcher, choose properties, click on the compatibility tab, and put a checkmark next to run this program as an administrator. Click apply, then OK.

It helps to run the launcher directly from the install folder, I think.

If you're starting the launcher again and again it's possible you have more than one instance of it running. It will definitely not pop up in that case. Open Task Manager by right-clicking on your taskbar and choosing Task Manager. Or use the keyboard shortcut ctrl + alt + delete. In the processes tab, look to see if you have the launcher already running. If you do then end the process on any that are running and try to start the launcher again. If the launcher still won't pop up, check task manager to see if the launcher is running. Sometimes you can double-click on it and get the launcher to show.

Updating your game may not help your situation but who knows? I doubt it, however.