View Single Post in:
LotAdjuster 2.8 (Updated Jan 31, 2010)
22nd Apr 2008 at 5:43 PM
Thanks: 36742 in 172 Posts
View My Journal
Some of my thoughts on tutorials which might be helpful:
- How to expand a lot, similar to the LotExpander tutorial:
- How to shrink a beach lot, special restrictions and recommendations. Be sure to include all of the advice in this post, so that everything will appear in one place.
- How to make a corner lot, alleyway, service road, square, etc, using the Portal Revealer and buyable portals to enhance the usefulness of these additional roads. Here's a brief post to get you started:
- How to make a functional roadless lot, using the Portal Revealer and buyable portals to maintain sim's ability to use the lot, even though there is no road. Notes on special handling:
- How to move a lot away from the road. How to make a park to fill the blank spaces between houses in your neighborhood.
- How to build a lot on both sides of a road.
- How to build above a road, one floor up.
- How to share roadless lots and lots which are built "over the road". Special handling required for lots built "over the road". Here's a brief post to get you started:
- How to unlock the tiles on a lot, and why you would want to do this.
- How to adjust a lot created on a MAC:
- How to flatten the edges of a lot: