The backstory of this challenge is your sim has moved away from the hustle and bustle of busy SimCity due to the over consumerist nature of the city folk. They've decided to move into a quaint neighbourhood and grow their own food and paint in a peacefull 'one with nature' environment. The Goal of this challenge is 10 generations of sims who only eat what they grow and their only income is from the paintings they sell using the easel. You will need the seasons ep to play this challenge.
- An Adult CAS sim of any gender, looks and turn on/offs. The sim you create now can not be moved out or leave your household until death. Max of two sims for this starting point. +To determine aspiration roll a dice/generate a number between one and six. Whatever number you get corrosponds to that aspiration in the lineup from left to right.
+To determine personality please see the below information
- Move into a house, you can make it, it can be premade, prefurnished whatever. As long as you can buy it with the starting 20k. I suggest a lot with farm plots and a pond for fishing!
-You can only start with $2000. Buy trees or family fund it. 2k, that's it!
- Buy an easel.
- There is a maximum of 2 adults, 1 elder at any time in a household and 1 teenager. You are allowed as many kids as you can handle but none of them can get jobs as teenagers or adults, they must move out either as teens are on the first day of being an adult. you are allowed pets, they're just also not allowed to get jobs.
- If you marry or move in a sim you are only allowed to keep $1500 of whatever they bring in.
- If you have a family aspiration sim you can only have kids when they want kids.
- If you don't have a family sim you must try for baby every after every 3 woohoos
- You can only use food you've grown or caught, feel free to use what comes free in the fridge when you buy it but after that you can not restock it!
- No ordering food over the phone such as pizza or chinese.
- You can only gain simoleans by selling your paintings.
- You can not sell your produce at all, only stock them in your fridge.
- EVERY SIM IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD MUST HAVE A PORTRAIT PAINTED OF THEM. Either as teens if you intend to move them out or, if they are staying, as an adult. You can not sell these paintings and they will become a family gallery.
- You must build a family gallery, big or little as you like but it must contain a picture of every sim on your family tree.
- The only electrical items you are allowed are phone x1, burglar alarm x1 and fire alarm x1 and lighting. If you have CC that looks like it doesn't run on electricity; say a crank car or steam powered radio, you are allowed that! You are a creative and free spirit, don't rot your mind with things like television and video games!
- Sprinkler system is only available if you have 17+ crops and only at the 2nd generation.
- Seasons go in the order of winter, spring, summer, fall.
- No hacks/cheats except move objects for decorative reasons.
- Aspiration awards allowed.
- The only non-human species allowed for this challenge is plantsims after the third generation and aliens at any generation.
- You are allowed only 1 move to a different lot.
- You can only reload your game if you start with 1 sim and they die without producing an heir.
CHALLENGE ENDS WHEN...
- All sims die.
- Tenth Generation becomes a teen.
- You forget a family portrait
- Have no money and no way to earn money i.e you sell the only easel.
- Rolls a 6 sided die/ generate random number between 1 and 6.
- If even roll for the first list of star signs.
- If odd roll for the second list of star signs.
You may alter the distribution of points as long as it remains the same starsign as indicated.
1 point for every 2000 simoleons you finish up with
1 point for every painting not sold at the end
1 point per added cc paintings
2 points for every sim who died of natural causes
2 points for every child who got an A+
3 points for every toddler who leaned to walk, talk and use the potty before becoming a child
3 points for every child who maxed out creativity before teenagerdom
3 points for every sim with a gold talent badge in gardening
4 points for any teen with maxed aspirations
4 points for every portrait of a sim in your family who moved out
5 points per set of twins.
5 points for every celebration where an actual party was held i.e baby shower, wedding, birthday
10 points for any skills maxed out besides creativity
-2 for every electronic item besides those described
-4 per extra adults, elders or teens on your lot besides the allowed number
-5 for using food you did not grow/catch
-5 for having a child taken away
-3 for every time the repo man shows up
-6 for any sim who ever took a job
I'm currently testing this challenge and am having a blast!