View Single Post in: Veronaville Home Makeover Contest- We are finished!

Lab Assistant
#598 Old 3rd May 2013 at 6:00 PM
I've been busy with finals all week so I haven't had a chance to look at everyone's entries in detail yet but I'm sure I'll be back with some WCIFs once I have some more time In the meantime though, I want to get my entry up while I have some time.

For this round I chose the Johnson family:
Budget - 70,000 - Stacie, Brian and the twins, Hannah and Teresa (aged 9) love the beach. They can't afford to move to the shore, so they'd like to bring the beach to their home. BONUS The twins don't mind sharing a room, BUT they would LOVE to have their own bathroom (their parents would love it too).

I've always been slightly confused by the location and climate of Veronaville - half of it looks like Tuscany, the other half a small English village. I like to think of it as northern Italy with a large community of English ex-pats (the Capps).

In any case, for a beach loving family, I had to go Italian with a twist:

I imagine that it would be about an hour away from the beach - close enough that they can still visit, but far enough away that on a really hot day, relaxing by their own pool is just as good as any beach.

Final price: $68,557

I hope you guys like this entry!