View Single Post in: Clean And Empty Neighborhood Templates

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:19 AM
Default The Sims Castaway Stories
Install Instructions
Warning: DON'T put these into TS2, these neighborhood are NOT meant to play in TS2. Instead, download recreated versions of the Sims Stories neighborhoods if you intend to play these neighborhoods in TS2.

While some might suceed in importing the other Stories neighborhoods into TS2 with a few tricks (which is not recommended, though!), there is absolutely NO chance of success in importing Castaway Stories neighborhoods into TS2. While The Sims Castaway Stories is similar to The Sims 2, it's still a whole game on its own, completely independent from TS2.

The Hood Building Group planned on recreating both neighborhoods, which are also in the works... However, it will never be like the ones in The Sims Castaway Stories. Since TS2 does not support medium-sized neighborhoods and lots up to 100x100 size.

Default Replacement Versions
  • Cut and paste N001, N002 and NeighborhoodManager.package to
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
      OR to
    • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\Neighborhoods\(Your User Profile)
Note: You need to replace your current NeighborhoodManager.package file in order to bypass the story and unlock all story rewards.
If you don't bypass the story, the game might crash then, because it would search for sims who don't exist in the neighborhood... so you'd get nothing but errors if you didn't bypass the story.

Known Issues:
No issues for Wanmami island but Felicity Island...

It was really hard to remove the hard-coded story from Felicity Island. Simple re-numbering and changing the neighborhood ID didn't work...
I managed to mod the story's out - so it's a free neighborhood like Wanmami Island...

But it's not perfect yet. The story rewards are all there in my game, however, the travel button is greyed out. Fortunately, you CAN travel but you have to click on the portrals if you want to travel. I'll update Felicity Island if I found out a way of re-enabling the travel button without enabling the story again.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Empty FelicityIsland N001.rar (10.40 MB, 229 downloads)
File Type: rar  Empty WanmamiIsland N002.rar (8.41 MB, 223 downloads)
File Type: rar  NeighborhoodManager.rar (23.3 KB, 236 downloads)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr