Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 7:39 AM Last edited by Stephanie : 30th Jun 2024 at 4:54 PM.
Default STF Sims Discussion Thread
Decide to use this post for my uploaded hacks as my news page with updates and game play stories due to my PC still under reparing, too hard to update my page without VS Code (not support my current Win8.1 PC)

So slow my updates due to need to type long words and take screenshots , my English not good, have to check spelling and translation all the time (do you believe I spent over 2 hours just typing the # 5 reply? still no count how many time I edited that reply ), I wish I can post without any pics and words, but end up players don't know the function about this hack, so I still need to write long post

I don't take any request, only make item that I need.

This thread also for creators discussion, we create hacks or fixes just want to make the game better and more fun to play, it can be same hack from different creators, but not all of them got same functions, so I will keep mine, even got much better same hack exist before or after I release mine

17-6-2024 Updates
About No Sound Issue

Below is original post:

Is there any way to fix the EP7 Vampiress' Swapped Mesh? (Solved)

I just read this page by LUCPIX about the wrong mesh assigned to Vampiress in Beauty or Beast charm

https://tcrf.net/The_Sims_(Windows)

I'm trying to fix it, look through the Charms.iff and SpellTransform.iff but unable to find which part control these magic skins, I have checked the .bcf files for both vampire and vampiress, both of them assigned to right .skn, since found no way to fix the related iff file, end up I modified the bcf file, seem works! but it also replace the NPC Vicki Vampiress mesh, this is how my poor Vicki Vampiress look like 🤣, and my fixed Vampiress is playing chess.

I fixed the NPC Vampiress by modify the NPC_Vampiress.iff file, now they both got right meshes, but it will be best if I can just modify one file which control the mesh using on player vampire skin.

Extra pic: This is not from the current neighbourhood project I'm working which contain only maxis skins, this is my over 20 years old save game, fully customized characters and used rosebud cheat all the ways back then , now is time to restore to normal family fund with money cheat

Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stephanie
I just read this page by LUCPIX about the wrong mesh assigned to Vampiress in Beauty or Beast charm

When I went to that page to read about the problem it had no content. Could you check the link?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 4:36 PM

Oh yeah my friend @Stephanie I know exactly what you mean!

I helped someone with the exact same problem three years ago

Save the contents below at "ExpansionPack7", ok? I am unable to test it on my own computer as of now, but the person I made this fix for did not address any particular complaints.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ee...1XiUzvURaa/view

Here's a proof snapshot I took at the time.

But you are right, though, we could alternatively try and find out what on the charm's iff controller can be changed so it calls the right skin instead =)

p.s.: your townies wear pretty cool custom skins.

♦
PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
[email protected]
☺
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LUCPIX

Stephanie MAKES those pretty cool custom skins! You can get them at her website, here: https://sims.stephanietoo.com/index.html.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 7:23 PM Last edited by Stephanie : 12th Jun 2024 at 6:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
When I went to that page to read about the problem it had no content. Could you check the link?

Sorry, didn't notice the [/URL] code appear inside the bracket, I already fixed it 😅

Quote: Originally posted by LUCPIX

Oh yeah my friend @Stephanie I know exactly what you mean!

I helped someone with the exact same problem three years ago

Save the contents below at "ExpansionPack7", ok? I am unable to test it on my own computer as of now, but the person I made this fix for did not address any particular complaints.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ee...1XiUzvURaa/view

Here's a proof snapshot I took at the time.

But you are right, though, we could alternatively try and find out what on the charm's iff controller can be changed so it calls the right skin instead =)

Thanks for your reply, I just checked the contents, the NPC_Vampiress.iff is same as my edit, just change the mesh to MagicFAFit_Vampire then done , I only changed 3 files and added 2 cmx files to make them work, and here are the locations I placed my fix files

I will credit to you when I release this fix on my page along with other EP7 skins fix, there's a fix called MakinMagicUnusedSkins but I found out still got a male fat medium skin missing in CAS due to wrong file name on bmp.

All of those custom skins and mesh made by me except one female head and two male outfits, my game was havily modded by removed most of maxis skins which I never use 😅, I have to do this because my compuer was very slow back then, need 5 minutes to load the game if got all EP installed, then I use only maxis objects, but I can't play without hack objects and custom skins.

This userdata was created in 2003 with my 1st PC which slow like snail 😂, I only keep the 30 HD townies and removed the rest from other EPs, then rename the TemplateNPCs folder to something else, make the game won't regenerate townies anymore.

I was tried to load the game with bunch of custom objects, it takes 45 mins to load game, then another 45 mins to load those townies and tourists (the latest EP was Vacation back then), the loading time is just nightmare! I also got slow loading time when I using SimEnhancer with my newer 2004 PC just because of too many characters in my userdata, I also using SimHack for moving families to other lot and change fund without enter the game, this old program can only edit userdata1, too bad it only load the first 80 characters and first 20 families, the extra one won't show up and unable to edit, so exceed that number will be considered "too many" for me

The "townies" in my screenshots are actually residents from other households, they will appear in down town, studio lot and magic town, make me no reason to keep those random sims generated by game. I also want to remove the HD townies, but the game still force to generate and keep loading forever, bacause fail to load the HDT_Generic.iff which located in TemplateNPCs.

I used to try many things on those 30 townies like edited all of them, used SimHack to move them into home lot and control them. The townies in this userdata being changed into ghosts via SimEnhancer, since they are not killed or move out from family so the game won't regenate new one, they won't appear unless I move them into any home lots. Just moved them into House11 recently, then I saw them as ghosts in magic town and also as neighbours in home lot

Sound very different with my nowaday play style, I have several The Sims folders, one is this fully customized and one is for my current Townie Project, not only all townies and tourists are controllable, it contains more than 100 houses in game, all of them are maxis lots from other neighbourhoods or other EP version etc, since I will release this userdata file to public, so have to test many times before upload, the hidden lots can be load via debug cheat "lot #" or "house #".
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Stephanie : 17th Jun 2024 at 4:49 PM.
Hacks and Replacement Objects section updated, no new object added but fixed my older uploads, please don't mind the imperfect page layout for replacement objects due to I only using notepad to update my pages

https://sims.stephanietoo.com/sims1-en.html#hacks

https://sims.stephanietoo.com/sims1...acement-objects

My Sims 1 site, contains skins, meshes and some hacks, https://sims.stephanietoo.com, last updated 17-06-2024
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Stephanie : 29th Jun 2024 at 10:04 AM.
Default About No Sound Issue
There are 2 different reasons cause the game no sound at all

Prior to Hot Date: Missing of sims.wve in Music folder

Normally the music files being stored in CD instead of The Sims folder since you need CD to play the game, then the game loads music from CD. You will experience your game got no sound at all if using cracked version or no CD patch Sims.exe without insert CD, the solution is just copy the whole Music folder from CD into your game, you can only copy the sims.wve if you want to play the game without music.

Hot Date and later expansion packs: Missing of build1.mp3 and buy1.mp3

You will experience this when installing Hot Date expansion pack: being asked to insert Base Game or House Party CD during installation, actually this step is want to copy music files from those earlier installation CD, sims.wve doesn't needed for Hot Date and later expansion packs, but another file required: build1.mp3 in Build folder and buy1.mp3 in Buy folder, without it, you game will silent

Having multiple copies of The Sims folder, my original Music files are located outside game folder, then use shortcuts point to those music to save hard disk space, but still have to keep original build1.mp3 and buy1.mp3 instead of shortcuts.

If you replace all files with custom music, rename is not required except 2 files, you need to rename 1 build mode music into build1.mp3, that's all

Another tips for Music

You can place the mp3 into Modes folder, then the same song will played in ALL modes, this method also work for Stations

Update:

After test, the game still have sound without buy1.mp3, only build1.mp3 is needed, but my game is Complete Collection, not sure the requirement for buy1.mp3 got removed from which expansion pack 😅
Screenshots

My Sims 1 site, contains skins, meshes and some hacks, https://sims.stephanietoo.com, last updated 17-06-2024
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 5:55 AM Last edited by Stephanie : 30th Jun 2024 at 8:51 AM.
Default Today marks as my Sims Anniversary since 2002
It's time to start writing my Sims journey in English, will try my best to avoid using translator all the time.

Here is the very first 2 pics I taken 22 years ago, the 1st day I started playing The Sims. Vacation was the latest EP back then. It's not good to buy bootleg game but this was my only choice: The game already set to Traditional Chinese after installation (didn't know it can be changed via registy), I was only a high school student, cannot risk my saving to a game with language I don't understand, also not easy to get original game in my country without knowing some expert game friends (only they know where to buy original games), I know nothing about this game but I want to try after recommended by friend, all info can be only found online, but I have to prevent get scolded by parents due to very high phone bills and they unable to use phone when I go online (still using dial up connetion back then 😂)

After the installation, I thought my game got only Vacation stuff when I first time saw the loading screen, didn't know all EPs already included with only 1 click installation, my game was completely silent due to no SoundData.far and the Music folder was empty. 10 minutes to load the game , another long time to load townies and tourists , lagged animations in live mode , I never play a game slow like that before even some of them were fully 3D games, they didn't had any lag issue. That was the first PC I got in 1999, after several losing important files due to system failure, I learned to keep them in another hard disk which is D drive before I format and reinstall OS, this game make me improve so much on hardware knowledge, just in case who wants to experience this incredible game speed, below was the specs I remembered:

Windows 98 SE
PC100 BX PRO Motherboard
Intel Celeron 300mhz processor
32MB RAM
9GB hard disk (C drive)
2GB hard disk (D drive, it used to be C drive but not enough for me then I added 9GB hard disk around 2001)
no graphic card installed

The first family I played was Newbie, followed all the tutorials, but end up they got all red motives, so hard to maintain motives, I exit to neighbourhood without save, then choose to play another family, Goth. Nothing special when I took these pics, but I still keep them and added caption several years later: Burst water pipe in Goth house, but the daughter still washing hand as if nothing happened
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 11:06 AM Last edited by kenoi : 30th Jun 2024 at 12:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Stephanie
10 minutes to load the game , another long time to load townies and tourists , lagged animations in live mode , I never play a game slow like that before even some of them were fully 3D games, they didn't had any lag issue.

You can still experience this game speed if you run it in PCem.

Yeah, on today's computers it is not evident, but back in the day this game barely ran on the newest PCs. A single scene in the game, which looks like a few 3D characters and a 2D background, is actually comprised of many hundreds of objects on screen, all working at the same time. So you needed a fast processor and a lot of RAM to even run the base game smoothly (as much as for a full 3D game at the time).

It was only later, as PCs got faster and faster quicker, in the mid-2000s, that The Sims became something you could play as a smooth experience.

Thanks for sharing, @Stephanie. 🤗 This brought me back to when I was playing the game for the first time as a child. I started with a cheaply purchased bootleg copy of The Sims and House Party, and then my sister and I added the official Hot Date and eventually Vacation expansions onto it, buying them from a store. (They were so expensive, that we both had to chip in to get them! But we were so excited to be able to finally get them, and add these features to our game.) And yes, The Sims actually NEVER ran smoothly for us back then. It was always a choppy experience to play. 🤭 But we played it and thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. 😊

I don't know why, but for us the game installed in English. Probably because it did not have a translation for our European language. We didn't understand a word of it, but we could still understand what was happening on screen, and play the game.

Like for many people, The Sims was the very first game for me that I modded for. I ended up photographing my siblings and myself, and adding us to the game in the skins -- so we could play as ourselves. 🤭 That was my very first finished mod I created, that I can remember -- back in 2001-2002.

Here is the tutorial I followed:

https://donhopkins.com/home/SimsSkinsTutorial/

It still exists, 22 years later! 😂