Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:46 PM
Sims Tempuratures?!?!?!
[COLOR=Black][COLOR=DarkOrchid]My sim's tempuratures DO NOT CHANGE!! I read that you needed to keep them outside for a long time to see a difference and still they do not move no matter how long i keep my sims outside. In the summer, they have not burned or anything no matter how long they stay out there. I use cheats like AGING OFF, so i thought that might be affecting it but even when i put the AGING ON they still dont change temps. I have also previously deleted my sims with MOVEOBJECTS ON and gotten them back. (if that makes a difference) ANY MORE ADIVCE? or has anyone else expirienced this problem?[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Advertisement
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:49 PM
It also heavily dependent on what they're wearing. If you send your sims out in the cold with no outerwear they will get cold. You also need to make them do things. I had 4 sims having a snowball fight, and within a couple of hours my sim began the freezing process even WITH outerwear.

I haven't tried summer yet but I assume that if you put their outerwear on in the summer they'd have problems.
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:51 PM
oo good idea.. ill try her outside with a coat on.....
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:27 AM
Make them work out outside on that running thing, and see how fast they go to red! It's funny. It happens in winter too, but you can imagine in the summer.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:41 AM
they even get red on the treadmill when indoors.lol
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:22 AM
the hot tub made my sim's temperature ROCKET up in spring.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:35 AM
I got a message saying that one of my children was over heated. I, having no clue why he would be hot, checked up on him. He was merrily jumping on the bed. WTF... Jumping on the bed should not make you sim overheat, especially in the fall. Ugh. *waits for genius modders to make a hack*

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:05 AM
Was he wearing outerwear? I had a sim in one of the new careers that uses outwear as the career outfit. I couldn't figure out why they were so hot. I then realized that their career clothes are classified as everyday AND outerwear !

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Stupid people are stupid
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ameeeee
[COLOR=Black][COLOR=DarkOrchid]My sim's tempuratures DO NOT CHANGE!! I read that you needed to keep them outside for a long time to see a difference and still they do not move no matter how long i keep my sims outside. In the summer, they have not burned or anything no matter how long they stay out there. I use cheats like AGING OFF, so i thought that might be affecting it but even when i put the AGING ON they still dont change temps. I have also previously deleted my sims with MOVEOBJECTS ON and gotten them back. (if that makes a difference) ANY MORE ADIVCE? or has anyone else expirienced this problem?[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Colours won't work on this site. Please don't try to use it, because it makes the post harder to read with all those useless info.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashen
Make them work out outside on that running thing, and see how fast they go to red! It's funny. It happens in winter too, but you can imagine in the summer.

Do not try that. I lost a sim to that. His fiancé is devastated. How should I know that if you overheat the sim, the chair will catch on fire?

Runmill + Hot cocoa = Dead Sim

:weep:
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:29 PM
*laughs her head off*

I know! I just had that happen! And I didn't take screens either cause I almost fell off my chair, I was laughing so hard!

For me it was the treadmill plus taking a bath (I didn't see this, Sim did it on her own, I have free will on) and suddenly! I see greyed out build and buy mode. Was so confused, then I saw her burning in the bathroom - you should have seen the family trying to extinguish her. Oh that was way way too funny!

Oh I did save her, you can use the standard plead with Grim Reaper thingie, and her mom won a game, so she got saved from death.

And I am laughing again. You have to see that, it's hilarious!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:47 PM
I think the temperature gauge is a little ''dumb''. My sim was ''French Kissing'' (I don't have the game in English, sorry), and every time He kissed his wife, his temperature gauge suddenly reached to the top... waited 5 seconds, and it was in the middle of the gauge again. Another kiss, and the gauge reached to the top!