Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 5:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Execuputter not showing recolours
I recently downloaded an invisible recolour for the Execuputter. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=181212

But, it wouldn't show up in my game.

I have tried:

Unlocking the career rewards.
Not unlocking the career rewards and getting it the traditional way.
Taking all of my other hacks out.

I also tested different recolours. https://modthesims.info/d/573014/ex...-recolours.html

They didn't show up either.

Do you need something special for recolours to show up for a career reward?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 6:18 PM
Unsure if it's recolorable without the CEP (likely not?), in which case, make sure you didn't remove the "_EnableColorOptionsGMND" file while testing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 6:23 PM
That is ... exactly what I did lol. I've had it in my Downloads for so long that I forgot about it. Thanks!

Execuputter recolours are now showing up, but the clone I made of it as a base for something else isn't showing up (not in career rewards or the catalogue).

It is my first time trying to clone an object, so I may have missed something. I have changed GUIDs, fixed integrity and ticked the boxes I thought would make it show up in the catalogue.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 8:07 PM
When you clone an EAxis object that needs the CEP for recolors, make sure the "_EnableColorOptionsGMND" file is present in your Downloads file, or the clone is going to have issues in the setup (and likely not be recolorable). It's fixable, but the easiest is to just make a new clone.

Clones of career/aspiration rewards and similar can be a bit iffy - Make sure all the proper categories are set (dropdown list + tick boxes), and that it's properly unlocked and unhidden from the buy menu.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 10:15 AM
How can I ensure that it is buyable, when it's cloned from something unbuyable?