Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 3:32 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 25th Jun 2024 at 3:40 AM. Reason: more info
Default Object referred to must be a person
Hi!

I am getting the 'Object referred to must be a person' error/reset every time a particular couple woohoos. I believe the problem is in Midgethetree's RCC Fertility package (according to 'What Caused This'). It happens woohooing in bed, in a changebooth and on a hammock. It happens whether I tell them to Try For Baby, or whether they are just woohooing (and might choose to TFB). Removing the RCC entirely stops the error.

The fertility package is a required part of the mod. I've tried two different versions of it, and made sure I have the 2.08 publication, which seems to be the latest one. (from here: https://www.tumblr.com/midgethetree...n-of-rcc-theres)

Since I apparently can't get rid of the error, and do want to keep the mod, I am wondering whether I can fix what is causing the problem? But I'm not very clever about Logs, and apart from seeing that something is pointing to a car portal when it should be pointing to a person, I don't know where to begin trying to fix it.

I am using Midge's PregcontrollerLite, ACR, and Lamare's YApreg. YApreg is loading before RCC, which I think is correct. ACR is supposed to be compatible.

Help please? Or is this bigger than I can handle?
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  AE_RCCerror-Logs.7z (18.7 KB, 4 downloads)

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 3:29 PM
See what other mods contain the resource "Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?". Search for hexadecimal bytes D06CD47F3901.

The RCC variant returns the "mother" and "father" in Temp 1 and Temp 2. But this is not standard behavior because it is obvious that the woman is the mother. If there is another version if "Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?" loaded on top, you will have unpredictable values in the temps and not persons.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 4:26 AM
Default not sure how to search effectively...
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
See what other mods contain the resource "Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?". Search for hexadecimal bytes D06CD47F3901.

The RCC variant returns the "mother" and "father" in Temp 1 and Temp 2. But this is not standard behavior because it is obvious that the woman is the mother. If there is another version if "Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?" loaded on top, you will have unpredictable values in the temps and not persons.

RCC is probably allowing for preg-for-all-genders, which I don't use.

Attached - image from PJSE Resource Finder...

Assuming I have figured out the search process correctly, there seems to be no other mod containing that resource...not even ACR or YApreg. Maybe I'm doing it wrong!
Screenshots

Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 9:02 AM
I suggested you find packages that provide the opcode not ones calling it. I see it one of Lamare's mods, although it is not called exactly YApreg. It should be present in any mods that alter pregnancy conditions.

If you can't find the conflict, you try to override the selection of mother/father from param 0 and param 1.
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 3:07 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 27th Jun 2024 at 4:32 AM.
So I am doing it wrong, not surprisingly. What file finder is that? I can't see a way to do what you're doing with the Resource Finder.

I am using the top Lamare mod in your image, labelled -currentHouse-, and the Midge version labelled -TYA.package. The Lamare mod only contains one BHAV (Pregnancy- Can We Get Pregnant, of course!).

It's supposed to be load-order compatible, unless I have the order wrong. It's confusing when people say things like 'as long as it loads after', leaving me wondering which mod was meant to go first in their thinking.

...Since I can't see how to do that hex search, I've gone through all my mods with SimPE looking for that BHAV. Didn't find it anywhere except the Lamare mod and RCC.

I'll message Lamare and see if there is a useful angle of attack that way. This is a level of BHAV editing I am probably not ready for.

Scholar
#6 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 4:16 PM
That is Total Commander. Those numbers are just the group (global) and instance.

To me it looks like "pregnancy-YA-female" would come after "midgethetree_RCC" and take precedence. The latter ends with these two lines, presumably because they sometimes want to say that the man is the "mother". The the other reads them and uses. Seems a rather fragile setup.
Screenshots
just a girl
#7 Old Yesterday at 10:31 AM
Midge's documentation says their mod allows for YA pregnancy. You can remove my pregnancy-YA-female (you may still need other files from my maternity set, they cover various aspects of having children in university/by young adults). If that doesn't solve the problem, it's somewhere else. I'd make sure my RCC setup is correct, if I were you. The mod involves picking and choosing of files, maybe something went wrong there.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old Today at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Midge's documentation says their mod allows for YA pregnancy. You can remove my pregnancy-YA-female (you may still need other files from my maternity set, they cover various aspects of having children in university/by young adults). If that doesn't solve the problem, it's somewhere else. I'd make sure my RCC setup is correct, if I were you. The mod involves picking and choosing of files, maybe something went wrong there.

Oh, maybe that is all...perhaps Midge just meant it was compatible to use with the other parts of your mod. Thanks for the suggestion.