Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2024 at 9:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Some CC look weird when zooming out
Has anyone else encountered an issue where, upon zooming out, a line of skin appears on a Sim's pants or hair? For example, a hair appears fine up close, but from a distance, there's a noticeable 'bald spot' on their head. How do you fix this problem? This only happens with some CC.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st May 2024 at 11:12 AM
Can you post a picture of this happening?

For hairs and other CC with alpha-editable meshes, it could be an issue with the mesh group layering. If it's layered wrong, you can get some patches showing a "glowing" line from the alpha.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2024 at 3:44 PM
I got that on some pants once. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I managed to fix it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2024 at 11:00 PM Last edited by fourleafcloverr22 : 22nd May 2024 at 11:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you post a picture of this happening?

Here it is. This is the best I can do.

The image on the left is the glitchy one (spots circled). It's hard to see it, but a little bit of his skin is showing through his pants. It's a peach line on the leg. The female sim has a little bald spot on her head in the same photo.

The right photo is them zoomed in, which they look okay (no issues).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2024 at 12:15 AM
I think you might want to turn anti-aliasing on? It's hard to see from a photo of the screen, though. A screenshot would be clearer - you can use Windows snipping tool, printscreen on your keyboard pasted into MS Paint, or a free third party screenshot program like Fraps or Gadwin Printscreen.

Also, try to have him stand against a contrasting background, like the grass rather than the path

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2024 at 1:06 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd May 2024 at 1:24 AM.
Antialiassing (smooth edges ingame) looks like the thing you want to turn on, yes.
You may also want to check out the other graphic settings.

"Sim/object detail" and "Texture detail" on high can help if you're having issues with meshes or textures showing up wrong (especially CC meshes/textures).

The hair issue could be what I said earlier. Not sure about the pants - it's very difficult to see anything in the first picture.