Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2024 at 9:48 PM
Default Do tuning mods conflict with NRaas Retuner?
Hi! I have only been doing script modding so far, and I now wanted to learn more about tuning mods (as in shown in this tutorial: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...Tuning_Modding).

I basically wanted to make a mod which changes a bunch of interactions to non autonomous, so that Sims wouldn't perform these interactions randomly.

However, I currently have NRaas Retuner installed, which also changes the autonomy of interactions. Now my question is, would these two mods conflict as they change the same ITUN / XML files? So would I have to delete Retuner before I can try out my own tuning mod?

And something that I also thought of - how would I test a tuning mod? With a scripting mod, I can just click on a custom interaction or whatever I made to check if it works. But how to check if the changed interactions are really non autonomous? Just in regular gameplay, or are there ways to test this?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th May 2024 at 3:10 AM
Retuner only overwrites tuning you've actually used it to create ingame- at startup in a new save, it isn't overwriting anything at all until you retune something yourself or import existing settings.

Any tuning mods will be seen by Retuner as the global default, and so their values will show when looking at the same files through the Retuner interface.
If you add the tuning mod to an existing save where it was already modified with Retuner, then yes it would be made redundant.

As far as testing goes, it's mostly just down to observation. As long as you have the correct ITUN, there are very few scenarios where turning off autonomy wouldn't work (the only example I can think of is that sometimes EA uses separate interactions for NPCs, which will belong to separate ITUN from the user directed option).
And as noted, you can also look at what displays as the default in Retuner to confirm that the package has at least loaded.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2024 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Retuner only overwrites tuning you've actually used it to create ingame- at startup in a new save, it isn't overwriting anything at all until you retune something yourself or import existing settings.

Any tuning mods will be seen by Retuner as the global default, and so their values will show when looking at the same files through the Retuner interface.
If you add the tuning mod to an existing save where it was already modified with Retuner, then yes it would be made redundant.

As far as testing goes, it's mostly just down to observation. As long as you have the correct ITUN, there are very few scenarios where turning off autonomy wouldn't work (the only example I can think of is that sometimes EA uses separate interactions for NPCs, which will belong to separate ITUN from the user directed option).
And as noted, you can also look at what displays as the default in Retuner to confirm that the package has at least loaded.

Thank you for your answer, that helped a lot!