Replies: 27147 (Who?), Viewed: 757947 times.
Page 1086 of 1086
Lab Assistant
#27126 Old 4th May 2021 at 6:27 PM
Thank you very much @simsample this will be very helpful.
Test Subject
#27127 Old 4th May 2021 at 8:47 PM
I'm looking at two packages with the same name and the same GUID, but very different file sizes. The smaller package has a Directory of Compressed Files; the larger doesn't. Is there a functional difference between these packages? Does it matter which one I keep? Is this a question for another forum?
Mad Poster
#27128 Old 4th May 2021 at 9:08 PM
^ As long as there hasn't been any other updates to one or the other (which isn't easy to say without looking at the files in more detail) there shouldn't be any other differences to them than the filesize. Most likely the one with the smaller filesize with the "Directory of Compressed Files" resource has only been compressed with The Compressorizer, precisely to make the file smaller.

If you know who made the file, it can be an idea to check if they updated it at some point after the date of the larger file you have, though (assuming this one has the oldest date).
Test Subject
#27129 Old 4th May 2021 at 9:54 PM
Ohbehave made the file, I believe. I acquired it with a downloaded lot. As far as I know, she hasn't been active for a few years. The smaller file does have a more recent date, so I'll hang on to that one.

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#27130 Old Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Default or not
About winter, and coats. In the Sim, being outside in winter means getting cold. The part I hate is...it doesn't matter if the Sim is wearing a parka, fur boots & gloves & hat, or is a woman in a skimpy nightgown having a baby in the snow (where it got "lost"). Doesn't matter if they go swimming or are working out. Everyone gets to freeze
oh wait...guess if they stay in the pool they don't get cold.

Namaste... or "go"
Lab Assistant
#27131 Old Yesterday at 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
About winter, and coats. In the Sim, being outside in winter means getting cold. The part I hate is...it doesn't matter if the Sim is wearing a parka, fur boots & gloves & hat, or is a woman in a skimpy nightgown having a baby in the snow (where it got "lost"). Doesn't matter if they go swimming or are working out. Everyone gets to freeze
oh wait...guess if they stay in the pool they don't get cold.

That's because the pool is heated.

All's fair in love, war and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#27132 Old Yesterday at 11:52 AM
Ah well, thanks all for the info about coats. At least I know it's not something I can fix in my game. I think it probably is due to the outside temperature rising just above -30 and so they aren't changing temperature zone when they come inside. Maybe I'll have a look at that less snow mod and see if I can make it consistently cold enough (or maybe there is a mod which changes the threshold from "cold" to "comfortable" which seems to be the issue.) I do prefer winter with less snow - when playing an entire synced neighbourhood the excessive snow gets very wearing - but I would like it to be cold enough to trigger the proper outerwear behaviour.

My next random question: What evil things can I make my evil sim do? She currently isn't very evil at all except that she works in the criminal career and steals a lot of papers. She has a steady girlfriend, is friends with her housemate, cleans up after herself, even occasionally helps in the business!

Ideas I've had so far:
Take her to community lots and perform random negative interactions on strangers in order to accumulate some enemies and/or get into fights.
Try to seduce other people's steady partners in order to break up marriages/relationships/cause jealousy and chaos.
Maybe that aspiration reward that allows her to suck other people's skills and aspiration points away?

Anything else?

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Lab Assistant
#27133 Old Yesterday at 2:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsfreq
When nature sims are in the zone and do gardening there's an incredibly annoying schooom schooom sound constantly as they go from plant to plant and are classed as starting/stopping the activity, I have a mod which prevents it from happening. Perhaps it only affects nature sims and you also downloaded it ages ago and forgot? If any sim has a large garden they will quickly max out nature enthusiasm so it's a common gardening related issue.

Thank you for your answer. Do you mean "removeenthusiasmglobal"? I checked and don't have this installed (I would be surprised, I love the schoom schoom effect). The only mod I installed regarding the nature hobby is Cyjon's bug collection fix.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#27134 Old Yesterday at 2:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Has anyone ever had a sim with amnesia? I have a CAS sim in a brand new neighbourhood, when I moved her in all was well but as soon as I take her to a community lot she loses her turn ons/turn offs. Everything else- her personality, starsign, LTW, skills, relationships, memories etc stay intact, but she gets new turn ons. It's not mod related, it makes no difference if I move her out and back in, and I've tested her with Maxis outfits and hair. Each time she travels to a community lot, she gets new Turn-ons, but also she gets a bottle of Re-Nu-Yu Portachug in her inventory. Very odd! So I change her turn-ons back with the porta chug, and they stick until the next time she goes off-lot...
Please excuse me quoting myself, but I have an update to this.

Game bug or just my install? If anyone else has a sim with these turn-ons, do you have the same problem?
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#27135 Old Yesterday at 4:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbaHop
Thank you for your answer. Do you mean "removeenthusiasmglobal"? I checked and don't have this installed (I would be surprised, I love the schoom schoom effect). The only mod I installed regarding the nature hobby is Cyjon's bug collection fix.

No, that doesn't sound like the mod I mean at all. That mod seems to prevent/disable hobby enthusiasm building at all. The one I had ages ago either just stops the sound and glow effect or it removes "in the zone" completely, I just couldn't remember whether it was only for nature or for all hobbies. Looks like the only ones I can find now affect all hobbies, even though most of them state the gardening as their trigger for making the mod so it's probably not your problem.

Of course it could be the mod I'm thinking of is no longer available anywhere.

It's OK for other hobbies because for activities like chess or painting, they get into the zone and stay there. For gardening, every time they go from plant to plant they go in and out of the zone constantly and the sound gets annoying.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Inventor
#27136 Old Yesterday at 5:14 PM
Alright, so my hood already has Cyd Roseland & the Critturs. However, I just added Viper Canyon to it (after a month hiatus) which also includes those two families which means I have two of these families now. Is this a VBT or can I just change their names and how they look, make them into strays/townies etc? Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#27137 Old Yesterday at 5:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
Alright, so my hood already has Cyd Roseland & the Critturs. However, I just added Viper Canyon to it (after a month hiatus) which also includes those two families which means I have two of these families now. Is this a VBT or can I just change their names and how they look, make them into strays/townies etc? Thank you!

Don't worry, because they were added through a new sub-hood, the game thinks of the Viper Canyon versions of Cyd, his dog and the Critturs as seperate Sims that just happen to have the same names (which they are), no VBT happened.
It's the same thing as if you were to save a Sim in body shop and then put them into the neighbourhood several times under the same name.

Yes you can rename them, change their appearance and turn them into Townies/Strays without problems.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#27138 Old Yesterday at 5:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Don't worry, because they were added through a new sub-hood, the game thinks of the Viper Canyon versions of Cyd, his dog and the Critturs as seperate Sims that just happen to have the same names (which they are), no VBT happened.
It's the same thing as if you were to save a Sim in body shop and then put them into the neighbourhood several times under the same name.

Yes you can rename them, change their appearance and turn them into Townies/Strays without problems.

Thank you so much!! Woohoo, glad to know no VBT happened. I'm going to get right back to Simming then! Once again, thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
#27139 Old Yesterday at 6:52 PM Last edited by HubbaHop : Yesterday at 8:08 PM.
Quote:
No, that doesn't sound like the mod I mean at all. That mod seems to prevent/disable hobby enthusiasm building at all. The one I had ages ago either just stops the sound and glow effect or it removes "in the zone" completely, I just couldn't remember whether it was only for nature or for all hobbies. Looks like the only ones I can find now affect all hobbies, even though most of them state the gardening as their trigger for making the mod so it's probably not your problem.

Of course it could be the mod I'm thinking of is no longer available anywhere.

It's OK for other hobbies because for activities like chess or painting, they get into the zone and stay there. For gardening, every time they go from plant to plant they go in and out of the zone constantly and the sound gets annoying.

Oh my, I can see why this might annoy many when it's schoom schooming while gardening, but I for once would like to experience that with my nature sims. Looks like I have to use the 50:50 method tonight.

EDIT: Nevermind. All my downloads are fine. Looks like the nature sims I usually play don't spend enough time with their hobby opposed to my test sim The Gardener. She schoom schoomed very quickly in all 50:50 test plays.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#27140 Old Yesterday at 6:56 PM
Quote:
My next random question: What evil things can I make my evil sim do? She currently isn't very evil at all except that she works in the criminal career and steals a lot of papers. She has a steady girlfriend, is friends with her housemate, cleans up after herself, even occasionally helps in the business!

Influence other Sims to perform negative interactions, eat out at restaurants and try not to pay, crank call Sims in the middle of the night, download a pickpocket mod and rob other Sims?
Forum Resident
#27141 Old Yesterday at 8:03 PM
Quote:

Maybe turn her into a witch, and have her attack everyone on community lots with bees?
Throw a dinner party where she serves poisoned (read: spoiled) food so everyone gets food poisoning.
Have her shock everyone with the buzzer prank until someone's pacemaker shuts off
Have her sell spoiled food in a business and call it exotic foreign food from the far-away land of Great Britsims.
Mad Poster
#27142 Old Yesterday at 8:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Maybe turn her into a witch, and have her attack everyone on community lots with bees?
Throw a dinner party where she serves poisoned (read: spoiled) food so everyone gets food poisoning.
Have her shock everyone with the buzzer prank until someone's pacemaker shuts off
Have her sell spoiled food in a business and call it exotic foreign food from the far-away land of Great Britsims.

Get mods; mine lets Sims prank, insult, poke, etc. I think adults, teens, and kids can all do it to each other. I even have a rape mod (sorry, just ignore); people will watch, some may try to "help", everyone will hate him (it has to be an adult or elder male). If you're quick you can direct a Sim to steal another diner's food. Have your Sim deliberately flirt with a married Sim. Community lots are great, everyone will be gossiping!

Namaste... or "go"
Scholar
#27143 Old Yesterday at 9:10 PM
Quote:

Get Simwardrobe's assault rifle and go on a killing spree! Yeehaw!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Lab Assistant
#27144 Old Yesterday at 10:13 PM
So this is a bit of an odd question, but maybe someone knows. I had been playing a vanilla game for a little while now and just recently I went on a bit of a compulsive mod haul and added a LOT of mods into my game. I was playing Sim State Uni where Martin was engaged to Heather, he had never had a different love or anything, but after I had him talk about hobby with Allegra (I think that's her name sorry if it's wrong) he rolled the want to flirt with her?! He's still a knowledge sim, no secondary aspiration, nothing.. I mean I thought it was really fun, but I was wondering, can this happen in a normal vanilla game or did it happen because of all the mods I just dumped into my game? I hadn't added anything that directly messes with want trees as far as I know, except maybe the YA pregnancy mod that seems to let YA's roll the want for a baby.. Could that be it, did it make him forget that he was engaged? Or is something like this possible in a vanilla game?
Forum Resident
#27145 Old Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicEcho
So this is a bit of an odd question, but maybe someone knows. I had been playing a vanilla game for a little while now and just recently I went on a bit of a compulsive mod haul and added a LOT of mods into my game. I was playing Sim State Uni where Martin was engaged to Heather, he had never had a different love or anything, but after I had him talk about hobby with Allegra (I think that's her name sorry if it's wrong) he rolled the want to flirt with her?! He's still a knowledge sim, no secondary aspiration, nothing.. I mean I thought it was really fun, but I was wondering, can this happen in a normal vanilla game or did it happen because of all the mods I just dumped into my game? I hadn't added anything that directly messes with want trees as far as I know, except maybe the YA pregnancy mod that seems to let YA's roll the want for a baby.. Could that be it, did it make him forget that he was engaged? Or is something like this possible in a vanilla game?

I can't remember if I've had that happen before, but it seems like regular sim behaviour to me... well, maybe not regular, since knowledge sims would roll wants to slow dance as far as I know, but I don't think it's too out of the ordinary... how good is their chemistry? I think that definitely influences wants, if they have good enough chemistry they might roll wants to flirt or go on dates, and Allegra is also a knowledge sim, so maybe they just have better chemistry than with romance sim Heather?
Lab Assistant
#27146 Old Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
I can't remember if I've had that happen before, but it seems like regular sim behaviour to me... well, maybe not regular, since knowledge sims would roll wants to slow dance as far as I know, but I don't think it's too out of the ordinary... how good is their chemistry? I think that definitely influences wants, if they have good enough chemistry they might roll wants to flirt or go on dates, and Allegra is also a knowledge sim, so maybe they just have better chemistry than with romance sim Heather?

If that can happen normally, then it's pretty cool honestly. He had 2 bolts with Allegra and only 1 with Heather. I've never seen that happen before with a sim like him so it was very surprising! I just had to wonder if it's normal haha.
Theorist
#27147 Old Today at 12:13 AM
Quote:

Yeah, this happens all the time in the unmodded game, wfsanity actually fixes this specific thing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27148 Old Today at 12:14 AM
Quote:
If that can happen normally, then it's pretty cool honestly. He had 2 bolts with Allegra and only 1 with Heather. I've never seen that happen before with a sim like him so it was very surprising! I just had to wonder if it's normal haha.

He rolled the want to flirt because of having higher boltage with her. Knowledge sims will also often get a want to have 3 makeouts or whohoos with different sims as well if you have had them date more than one sim. I guess to them it's a different kind of knowledge. That is all normal game behaviour.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1086 of 1086