Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:29 PM
Step by Step XML modding for sims 4?
I used to create XML mods for my own personal use for sims 3 all the time. I recently got into play TS4 and wanted to start modding again, but I am absolutely confused. I have looked at the tutorials and I still am confused. (My brain apparently lacks the ability to think). I was wondering if there is a detailed guide or an example of XML modding for the sims 4 and if not, would someone be able to provide an example for me?

Thanks in advance, even if its just telling me I'm posting in the wrong place
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 5:55 AM
I never did any mods for the Sims 2 or 3 but I imagine it is different now. Anyway, to write mods, you need a basic understanding of xml's. I suppose you already have that because xml is just xml.
You could do what I did (me being the learing-by-doing and seeing things done-kind of learner) and look at other mods, see what makes them tick.

I'd suggest no-automony mods, they are a good start and fairly easy to understand.