Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:29 AM
Default Do You Wear Fake Eyelashes?
I've recently gotten into falsies, and whoa... I love wearing the thick ones, though they don't always look that... natural. It's just so much fun making my eyelashes look fuller and longer, so nowadays I like to have my eyes fully done-up before leaving home. I mean, I can do the foundation, blush, and lipstick while driving or riding, but eyes? The eye-makeup and lashes require some extra dexterity.

Also, if you wear fake lashes, which ones do you like the best? I tend to wear the cheaper ones - $1-4. Dollar Tree "Sassy & Chic" false eyelashes are actually worth the dollar you spend, as despite their thick bands, they aren't too thick and can look quite natural or at least subtle. You don't always have to spend lots of money on makeup or falsies to look good.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:48 PM
I don't, mostly because I don't wear any make-up at all. I admire the precision that goes into it though, my hand would probably shake too hard and I'd end up gluing them to my eyebrow instead Same with mascara and eyeliner - I've tried, I've poked my eyeballs way too many times to try that venture again!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:00 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Apr 2019 at 12:18 AM.
My eyelashes and my lips were and are some of the best features. I don't need false eyelashes of collagen injections. Even as a little girl, people said stuff along the lines of "Women would shell out lot of money for such features. Consider yourself lucky if it lasts into adulthood!" Long story short, I have long lashes and full lips, no need for plastic surgery. Thanks to my gelatin and collagen rich diet, I'm pleasantly plumped.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:27 PM
I don't wear makeup in general, and the thought of having something glued to my eyelashes is, quite frankly, a big no.

Thankfully I've inherited long, dark eyelashes from somewhere in my family tree, so I've never felt the need to put on mascara or false eyelashes. I like them the way they are.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Apr 2019 at 9:34 PM.
My workplace has a no makeup, jewelry or heavy perfume rule because of hygiene reasons (that not everyone follows, but enough about that), so even if I did use makeup I'd have to take it off for work, and that would be too much hassle. It's one of the things I kinda like with my job. There's no pressure to look pretty, everyone uses the same uniform (scrubs, also known as professional jammies - some even don oversized nightshirts over their scrubs if it's cold, because short sleeves, more or less constant bad weather, and a low-functioning airconditioner doesn't go well together), so if you go to work without makeup nobody really cares.

I don't wear makeup for anything. I'd probably look like a clown if I tried...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:39 PM
Yes. I wear about 25 pairs of fake eyelashes, under my armpits.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:37 PM
No but I do my own fake nails.

I don't even wear mascara, it gets pretty smudgy and people say I have nice eyelashes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:30 PM
Guess I'm the odd one out - I like adorning myself. And for me, it's kinda like with the woman who played Mimi from The Drew Carey Show - after wearing all that makeup on set for so long, it's like either wear a whole bunch or none at all for her; any in-between feels a bit odd. Or at least that's what I read years ago in a TV Guide so eh...
Alchemist
#9 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 1:32 AM
Only on Wednesday

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 9:59 AM
I am a person who spends a lot of time on makeup. But when I meet a formal occasion or a friend meets, I will attach great importance to make-up.
For fake eyelashes, I wear it occasionally. I am particularly sensitive to false eyelashes. If the false eyelashes are too thick, I will feel very uncomfortable. So the principle I have always been is to try not to wear false eyelashes.

Pic @PINPNG
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 5:19 AM
I see. I like to experiment with falsies, and in general I like to put them on whenever I go somewhere.