Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:48 AM
Default Is SimPE gone?
Hey, I unfortunately had to wipe my PC C drive a while back, and am starting to reconstruct my Sims 2 game... And I got to reinstalling SimPE, but on inspection, the site is down... Is there anywhere I can get the installer and the UC fix?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 6:32 AM
thank you
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 2:03 AM
SimPE 0.75f is missing a couple of minor things that were a part of previous iterations up to 0.73. I think you can still find 0.73 somewhere around, but if not, some of us saved backup copies (I've become obsessive about backing up everything seven ways from Sunday after my laptop suddenly turned into a brick - and I was pretty good about it even before then).

Edit: The main site may be down, but 0.73 can still be acquired through Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/si...latest/download
Recommendation (may or may not work for you): install 0.73 first, then 0.75f right over it. That should take care of any "missing links".
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 2:10 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 21st Jul 2019 at 3:20 AM.
@Sims2Maven really intrigued to read what you just wrote! I will be putting up a thread tomorrow in the General section here, looking for info just like you mention, so please look out for it because I'd love to have you post the details there so we can make sure they get accounted for in the project. I'm aiming to make sure we preserve needed versions and utilities for SimPE, since Quaxi appears to really be gone now.

ETA: The thread is up!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 2:18 AM
The UI of the 0.75f may have some issues, particularly with docking - but if that's the case, it works if you copy over the UI files from the 0.73 QA version. They're both no-install, so that helps a bit.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The UI of the 0.75f may have some issues, particularly with docking - but if that's the case, it works if you copy over the UI files from the 0.73 QA version. They're both no-install, so that helps a bit.

I think this needs more explanation. There are no files in the folder that say UI.