Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 6:50 PM
Default Robot Vacuum Mod ideas/suggestions
I'm new to modding. I've never modded anything, outside of just pasting pre-made files into the "mods" file, and I don't even know where to begin. I just bought the Cats and Dogs pack for The Sims 4, and I'm somewhat disappointed with the robot vacuum. I already have it fully upgraded, and it is relatively useful, but I feel like there could be so much more it can do that we haven't yet tried. Here's some idea's I've had, I'd love your guy's feedback on them:
  • Roomba colors/skins. We already have the upgraded roomba that, for some reason, has a breakfast theme. There should be other options. Changing the light colors on top, changing the body color, adding new custom skins. (It'd be awesome to have a Pacman Roomba)
  • Roomba wall holes? Like those weird drone holes in Rainbow 6 Seige, but for the vacuums to get to other rooms more easily.
  • Roomba-Vator, an elevator for the robot vacuums, so you don't need to buy one for every floor.
  • New robot vacuum body designs. Possibly have a wider variety of designs for the roomba body. Ones that make it look space age, really old, steampunk, ect. I have a few ideas in mind already.
  • Spider-vac©, Spider-Vac©, cleans whatever a spider-vacs©. It can climb, what a guy, cleans appliances and the like. Heeeeeree comes Spider-Vac©. A robot vacuum that can clean appliances, like stoves and showers.
  • Robot Vacuum inventory? an upgrade that allows it to pick up items that have been dropped on the floor and store them in its inventory. It can have options build in to specify if it can pick up items, and what items it can pick up. Possibly able to place them again, or automatically put them away (In the case of books). Also, if vacuum is a Spider-Vac©, it can clean up dirty dishes/dispose of spoiled food and drinks left around the house.
There are my ideas for upgrades. I hope you guys like them! Feel free to make them, they aren't exactly original ideas, so you don't have to credit me, but please tell me if you can make any of these a reality!
My ideas: A roomba that looks like a dust devil, possibly one on wheels, Antique Vacuum that looks like the head of This guy. Like, take that vacuum and remove the pole, tube, and bag. I also have another idea for an old-looking body, but I wanna see if I can design that one myself.
Thank you all for reading, I would love to see this stuff become a thing, and I hope there are more lovers of robotic companions who are willing to make our little circular buddy into something truly amazing.